This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 06:58:05 pm    Post subject:

It's not a question of competence or willing, but rather the endeavor to keep this forum whole and healthy. I've been going through plenty while trying to do so, and it shows in all the backlash I've received. Maybe that's because I have a genuine problem in the way I'm dealing with things, or perhaps it's the fact that I actually put myself out there to work on them, and thus I get all the backwash. Only a select few of the last several replies I have made in this subforum have been answered, but not satisfactorily. The only comment I've been granted as of late is that I have a penis problem.

Sorry if that's what attempting to keep an accomplished forum successful looks like.

I'm done with this place if I have no support for what I'm trying to do.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jun 2007 07:02:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 08:11:23 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, but I don't see Arcane's latest behavior (at least initially; the extra-account thing was definitely over-the-top) as a forum problem, I see it as a personal problem he has with you. What I saw happen was: Arcane suggested that you might be wrong in a comment you made - I personally think you were right, but Arcane was being rather civil about it - after which you responded with "grow the hell up." Naturally, a flame war between the two of you ensued, which you won because you had duct tape and he didn't.

I don't think that's the sort of thing duct tape was invented for, however.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 08:37:12 pm    Post subject:

Personally I've always seen this as more of a personal falling-out than a UTI issue; that's why I never got in the middle. Concurrent with aww randomly calling threefingeredguy an "asshole," "idiot," and "ass" over an innocent video last month, I just assumed he was going through personal drama. Seeing as the latest aww adventures are drawing more attention, I'll watch the antagonism levels a little more. But I'm keeping it objective until it becomes a forum issue. Heck, next month we'll probably have some other scandal.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jun 2007 08:38:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 09:27:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm usually more laissez-faire, so I tend to let things slide that you pick up. I can work more on moderating the "smaller things," but it goes against my lazy and tolerant nature.

We all appreciate what you do for this forums, even if we would not go as far ourselves.

Your topics in this forum are not receiving replies because there is nothing more to be done after you deal with it.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 02:23:25 am    Post subject:

You have my full support, and I for one am just about done with Arcane's shenanigan's.

Sometimes it is better one disruptive member leave than a whole community suffer the rotten stench.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 02:24:01 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 03:00:08 pm    Post subject:

I have to disagree. The world isn't divided into good people and "rotten" people. All of us have made mistakes in the past, and could be in Arcane's shoes. Banning him isn't the solution, it's an admission of defeat and a lousy attempt at damage control that will send shock waves through the community.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 03:00:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 06:22:58 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine, these are not miscalculations on Arcane Wizard's part. His aim in several scenarios was wanton harassment, and it acts as a thrill ride for him. His only defense is an asinine logic and a portrayal of that logic which seriously makes me wonder about his drug-taking habits, and I mean that totally earnestly. I've tried cleaner approaches at rectifying these behaviors, but he's proven to us that he's incapable of budging. It goes without saying that I'm sick of it and would like nothing better than to see that he's banned, as there is no shot in Hell that he'll get any smarter about this. Question, do you ever see me this angry? There is just about no patience left in me.

As for my posts going unanswered, I suggest checking through them all again...

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 06:53:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 02:45:24 am    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
I have to disagree. The world isn't divided into good people and "rotten" people. All of us have made mistakes in the past, and could be in Arcane's shoes.[post="107825"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Correct the world isn't divided into good and bad people. It is divided into people who intentionally make good choices while sometimes making poor choices then learn from those choices and move on to improve themselves, and those other people who purposefully make bad choices for whatever reasons.

DarkerLine wrote:
Banning him isn't the solution, it's an admission of defeat and a lousy attempt at damage control that will send shock waves through the community.[post="107825"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I disagree. Banning him would be sending the message that after giving him multiple opportunities to improve, including direct pointers from me in a personal one on one chat about the whole incident that caused his ban from IRC, he failed to take the initiative to improve. Instead he uses every chance he can to poke Weregoose in the eye, and try to discredit and underhand other staff members including JBirk when he doesn't agree with them.

Banning him would be sending the message that I meant what I told him when I said I would ban him if he didn't improve. It would also be making an example out of him publicly, since he seems to want to keep stacking the cards against himself.

Weregoose wrote:
DarkerLine, these are not miscalculations on Arcane Wizard's part. His aim in several scenarios was wanton harassment, and it acts as a thrill ride for him. His only defense is an asinine logic and a portrayal of that logic which seriously makes me wonder about his drug-taking habits, and I mean that totally earnestly. I've tried cleaner approaches at rectifying these behaviors, but he's proven to us that he's incapable of budging. It goes without saying that I'm sick of it and would like nothing better than to see that he's banned, as there is no shot in Hell that he'll get any smarter about this. Question, do you ever see me this angry? There is just about no patience left in me.

As for my posts going unanswered, I suggest checking through them all again...
[post="107838"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've seen several hints in various posts from him over the past two months that hint and/or suggest that he's finally experimented with the drugs he used to talk about with such fascination in the past. Certainly this might be a large factor in his abnormal behavior as of late. Surely I am not the only one who has noticed this.

At this point I am just waiting for him to make one last mistake, then it's done, I will ban him myself, and publicly air his dirty laundry leading up to it that he seems so eager for all to see.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 11:10:24 am    Post subject:

I'd like to mention that I've just gone over Arcane's post history. Since the forum spat of May 24th, I have not seen any so-called belligerence in his posts, which suggests at least to me that he's trying to improve. I have however seen him honestly helping people with questions - about software on computers and calculators. Helping people - that IS still what this forum is about, isn't it?

I'm excluding the "Belligerence" thread from this assessment, because after calling him out on a perfectly okay post with a "grow the hell up" it would take a saint to stay calm. (Edit: it occurs to me that leofox's post looked like an unnecessary 4chan reference rather than an actual explanation - and 4chan references piss everyone off - and the whole discussion was based on that misunderstanding)

And as long as Arcane doesn't bring up his drug habits or lack thereof, I would kindly ask you not to do so either. If he behaves, it's none of our business whether he does drugs or not. If he misbehaves, it's still none of our business whether he does drugs or not. So why bring it up except for an irrelevant ad hominem attack?

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jun 2007 02:36:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement