This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 02:29:35 pm    Post subject:

haha thanks HarrierFalcon.

here's a demo for ya and everyone else, i finally got all the bugs i could find worked out of the game now. so i guess play the hell out of the first two levels Razz and tell me what you think.

oh btw you can swtich levels with the shift button and turning the switch with the two lights on and then off.

2nd = shoot
F1 = pistol
F2 = shotgun
F3 = railgun
ALPHA = opendoor/flick switch
APPS = closedoor

[attachment=1742:attachment]

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jun 2007 02:45:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 02:50:48 pm    Post subject:

I can't even get it to run... But I haven't played with TiEmu in a while. I'll see what I can do.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 02:55:10 pm    Post subject:

I am having same problem. All programs are loaded. I run Doom() and it flashes and thats all.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 02:55:34 pm    Post subject:

Exactly. Let me try old demos, could be my fault...

Er, wait, are there even any old Doom 89 demos?

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jun 2007 02:57:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 06:14:56 pm    Post subject:

umm exactly what is on the calc right now? do you have the fat engine on there? i might have forgotten to put that in the zip file

EDIT: ack, that was it sorry lol Razz here you go.
it's a new version of the fat engine so if you cant run doom with the old one. i'm going to package them together like always and add a little instruction about that in the readme i'll make later for the rest of the demos.

[attachment=1743:attachment]

oh and no XPhoenix there aren't because i thought i went a little overboard with the demos with the last game so im really only going to put a few demos on here before the full version is done. only when theres something worth testing to test.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jun 2007 06:19:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 06:24:35 pm    Post subject:

I get error": memory, How and what can I archive?
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 06:48:41 pm    Post subject:

everything in fact everything should be archived.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 06:55:33 pm    Post subject:

One word. Amazing. Neutral A little laggy, but I think that's TiEmu.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 07:06:20 pm    Post subject:

haha yea tiemu really does make it lag for somereason. it runs really smoothly on a real calc. thanks tho. Smile
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 07:33:51 pm    Post subject:

Could you elaborate on how I archive things? Pressing [enter] like a 84+ doesn't get the job done.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 08:25:06 pm    Post subject:

if you want to just archive everything put the cursor on the main folder and then hit F4 and then F1 and then 8 and it'll archive everything. (so just load everything first and then do what i said)

HarrierFalcon, i noticed that the game gets kind of noticably laggy if the map size is above 16*32 so i might end up having to look at some of the code and see what i can optimize or just have seamless transitions from one map to the next, so that the game looks like you are in larger maps. idk i'm going to get ahold of Malcolm Smith (the creator of oblivion) and see if he cant help me speed things up a little. It's a tad annoying to have the game be working so well and only have small maps per level. Grr. i could always do like 24*24 maps but they arent all that big, so i'd have to pack a lot of stuff in each level.

the game handles up to 50 sprites at any given time, that's with animation of the sprites, the wall animations, the hud animations (the first person perspective of the guns) , the items you can pick up, all the trajectorys of your shots, all the trajectories of the enemies shots. etc...

its ridiculous how much is going on in this game at any point in time, i'm surprised the 68k series can handle fat games at all! they have to do all those kinds of things and run the engine itself! its amazing.

welcome to the world of 3d game coding as it were Cool 8)

to comment on baorder's post below:
yes, i'm trying to do some optimizations as we speak, so hopefully in the next few days i can get this monster of a game running pretty smoothly. Only three levels so far and it lags, who'd have thought? i might end up having to sacrifice some sprites. the third level has i think about 43 or so. lots of computing power used up just there, unless it's ram usage problems i'm having.

EDIT: i optimized the enemy handler and the static sprite handler (torches and barrels) so it runs much faster now, but still not as fast as i'd like. i'll work on it some more, and see what i can do.

EDIT: I did some more major graphics optimizations and now the thing runs oncalc without a lag at all, or at least without any sort of noticable lag. cool deal. i'll post a demo again soon. Btw. it still get's laggy on tiemu Razz

EDIT: i got the splash screen working! uses no ram memory! only the buffers for the gray planes which are already being used anyways. woot woot.

[attachment=1745:attachment]

-- thanks goose, baorder brought to my attention the amount of double posting i was doing, and i'll definately cut that down. sorry. i get carried away sometimes and forget this is a message board not an instant messanger :blush:
Posted merged. I know 5 minutes seems like a long time, but try 24 hours next time. –Goose

Last edited by Guest on 18 Jun 2007 12:50:51 am; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 08:59:51 pm    Post subject:

I did get your game running. I am using virtual ti. It is pretty laggy. And I forgot the controls while playing so I didn't get very far. But it still is very fun. I killed 2 imps. Smile
werewolf1492

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 06:09:41 pm    Post subject:

Ive gotta say, im impressed, have to go get tiemu and try this sucker out
Oh, and perhaps it helps if you know EVERYTHING about the game *programmer* to get farther sooner. just a thought
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 09:42:34 pm    Post subject:

umm.. you mean i should research the actual game? cus if that's what you mean i played this game for years and so far the clone isnt really a clone, it's just setup for the acutal levels and things like that, what you see here will probably be redesined and altered to fit the game better, aside from the basic construct of course (the basic client game engine)

i like that you give people input tho, it's a good thing in these message boards ;)

I did a bunch of optimizations, some basic menu stuff, which doesnt really do anything, and some graphics things, like crosshairs and transitions (disolve) between levels and when you exit and such.

here's the demo, let me know if the game runs better for you now.

[attachment=1748:attachment]

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jun 2007 12:53:13 am; edited 1 time in total
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 09:46:47 am    Post subject:

This game looks great! I cant wait till i get paid so i can go buy a TI89 Titanium Very Happy Keep up the good work!
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 10:31:42 am    Post subject:

thanks! does it lag still on the Emulator? it doesnt on mine but it could be different for different computers, on the real calc it doesnt lag at all.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 10:36:54 am    Post subject:

Eh, im not using an emulator, im just gonna go out and but the real calc. besides i cant get any emulator to work. But your screenies look awsome...totally
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 11:01:29 am    Post subject:

lol thanks, i hope to make this as accurate as possible, like i've said in earlier posts. So far it's working out pretty well, aside from the fact that i cant use stairs and things like that, i think i might simulate elevators in some of the levels, i can make the transitions as seamless as possible, but it still might not be that convincing, i'll think of something i'm sure.

If you have any tips on how to make this better i'd love to hear them. :biggrin:

<- ahh! lookey i made it to member! ( i guess that's based on number of posts?)

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jun 2007 11:02:37 am; edited 1 time in total
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 11:16:40 am    Post subject:

yeah, its based on # of posts. So far the screenies look great, and i cant wait to get my 89 so i can test the program and give suggestions..Very Happy
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2007 11:24:38 am    Post subject:

Cool deal i'll be waiting to hear them. Yea, aside from the games, the 89T is just a good calc to have, it comes in handy quite often.

EDIT:

i added the run key, it's shift. so now the demo switch level key is mode.
i'll post a new one when i get some more things done.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jun 2007 04:39:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement