bzc
This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
bzc
zizzdude

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 08:04:35 am    Post subject:

I found out about bzc. anyone know about it? I got it from ticalc.org.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 08:20:34 am    Post subject:

Can you be more specific? Do you need general information, programming help, what? I don't believe that project was ever completed.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 08:21:09 am    Post subject:

no. And why is this in calculator modifications. shouldnd this be in a programming forum? and just because....ill go look it up on ticalc right now to make sure im not wrong about anything....

rcfreak0
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 08:43:00 am    Post subject:

ticalc.org review wrote:
The tutorials jump right into programming too early. They don't have a detailed (if any) description of where to write the programs, and the language itself is not as easy as BASIC. I tried this after sampling a bit of z80. I can tell you, this is as difficult to understand simply because of the lack of detail in the tutorials.

I did not even get a chance to compile anything with this program, since it is simply not stated how. “BASIC ASM to TI-83+ Z80 Compiler” is therefore a waste of time, unless the author makes better tutorials for it. In the meantime, just stick to BASIC.

Creativity: 1/10...I have seen many failed attempts at a high level language compiler.
Usage: 1/10 How do you compile it again?
Tutorial detail: -3/10 How can you learn a confusing language when the tutorials make it seem even more confusing?
Overall: If it weren't for the terrible tutorials, this program might get a better score than 0 out of 10.

I think this another programming short cut that will just make the learning of asm harder. I wouldn't bother with it.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 08:53:57 am    Post subject:

well what do you know.. a new programming language that doesnt even work right. i still think this is in the wrong forum.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 10:33:09 am    Post subject:

I tried it...and didn't understand any of it. ASM is much easier Laughing
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 05:49:32 pm    Post subject:

bzc actually is a real language, not just a macro library, however the compiler is rather inefficient and you need a lot of assembly includes since the libraries are rather incomplete`
zizzdude

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 06:16:04 pm    Post subject:

well, its still in being tested. But I think it become a good language. It works kinda like c. For now, it's not that good. I tried asm, but I got killed by it... Sad

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jun 2007 06:18:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 07:45:20 pm    Post subject:

zizzdude: I think I know what you are thinking. And I am not criticizing, I went through the same thing.) Search the z80-basic languages like EZasm, EasyAsm and Bzc, Ti power Gold and such. But in the end, it is better to learn asm. The commands are incomplete, it is hard to use, you have to learn a whole new language. Why not just brave through asm?

As for my Bzc review: Incomplete, hard to use, doesn't get you anywhere programming wise, heck I couldn't even make my own menu and the code is smack dab in the "tutorial". And look at the updates(I am pretty sure it is not being updated)

As for getting killed by asm: Tutorials My philosophy for learning asm is that, everyone learns differently, and it is best to have a wide range of tutorials to learn from. That is how I get by.(mainly a combo of Cobb's, Iambian's, and Sigma's. There is also a list here.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jun 2007 07:48:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
zizzdude

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 07:16:29 pm    Post subject:

I tried using many asm tutorials, but I never get passed the first page.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 07:18:02 pm    Post subject:

What is the problem? Got a question? Registers got you down? Many times the first page is overwhleming because it is your first look at assembly. Don't be overwhelmed by the funny looking code. Just read on and sooner or later you will understand.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Jun 2007 07:19:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
zizzdude

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 10:04:54 pm    Post subject:

aight, I'll try it then. any tutorials you recommend?
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 10:16:18 pm    Post subject:

z80 ASM in 28 days that is one of the best, search ticalc for it.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 10:42:57 pm    Post subject:

While learning I used 28 days, and most people do. But after I started getting the hang of it I found out about two others. Cobb's and Iambian's. I feel that if Iambian's were more thorough it could be the better one out there. So read them all, maybe start out with Iambian's as I feel it is softer and explains more. Along with Cobb's. Then get down and dirty with Sigma's(28 days). That'd be my approach.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
bzc
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement