This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
Noob88

Posted: 31 May 2007 03:56:56 pm    Post subject:

I just finished programming a couple games from a program called Blitz Plus. So I have source codes in Blitz Basic language, and I would like to make it so people can play my games on the internet. How can I make it so that if someone goes to a page, that webpage actually loads the game and allows the person to play it as if they have downloaded it and executed the program?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 May 2007 04:04:22 pm    Post subject:

Reprogram it in Java or Flash ActionScript?
Noob88

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 10:10:53 am    Post subject:

So there is no way to run a program such as mine directly from a webpage the way it is now?

If not, is there any easy way to convert my code into Flash or Java?

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jun 2007 10:13:37 am; edited 1 time in total
benryves

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 10:21:13 am    Post subject:

Another alternative is to embed the application as an ActiveX control, but they'd still end up having to download the binary to run it (not to mention the browser limitations).

I'd just provide a web link to a download. There is usually no advantage whatsoever to having a game run in the browser, but if you are dedicated to doing so look into (as Arcane Wizard suggested) Flash, Shockwave or Java. There is no easy way to "convert".

Oh, and:
Quote:
BlitzPlus' language is a BASIC/C hybrid. As well featuring the classic BASIC constructs such as goto and gosub, it also features C influences such as functions and types.
Last time I checked, BASIC supported custom types and functions..?
Noob88

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 10:31:05 am    Post subject:

Could you explain to me how to embed it as an activeX control? These are not big games or anything, they're all actually quite small, just something for my friends to look at.
benryves

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 10:34:26 am    Post subject:

You would need to recompile the program as an ActiveX control, which I'm assuming is not a feature provided by Blitz Plus. So, either way, you'll need to rewrite your application somehow.
Noob88

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 10:39:45 am    Post subject:

Could you point me toward a good tutorial or explanation as to how I would go about doing this?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 11:30:20 am    Post subject:

You could exploit IE.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/9658/exploit
Noob88

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 12:27:31 pm    Post subject:

That doesn't really make much sense to me... How can it be harmful if I have a private website that nobody knows about but my close friends and I put my games on my website for them to play?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 12:52:47 pm    Post subject:

The vulnerability is harmfull because everybody and their dog can run whatever they want on your computer with it.

Your use of it may not be.

Offering a file download for your game is still much more convenient and compliant with technology though.
Noob88

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 12:59:02 pm    Post subject:

Well actually there is a password to access my website to begin with... It requires a login name and password to get in. I was initially going to make them downloads, but nobody would be able to due to the restricted status of their computers and this idea was recommended to me so I decided to look into it. So is this actually possible or is it not? I've been told by various people that I could:

--Convert the programs to flash\shockwave\java to make it easier to embed into my webpage (not really an option)

--Have the game accessed straight from my computer using ActiveX controls. About this, couldn't I just upload the game and source code into my files for my website and access it that way rather than directly from my computer?

Either way I would like an explanation of this implementation of ActiveX to embed my games into my webpage.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement