This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2007 12:44:25 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Artistic
Author :: Harrierfalcon
Category :: Ti-83plus Basic Utilities
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=294[/img]
Description ::
Artistic is a fully packed, xLIB-powered on-calc graphics program. From tilemapping, to
sprite editing, to editing pictures directly, Artistic harnesses the full power of xLIB
into a simple interface that any person could use. Features include:

► Pixel-sprite editor for 8*8 sprites, with functions such as transpose, invert,
horizontal and vertical flipping
► Sprite server, for downloading and uploading sprites to and from pictures. Advanced
technoglogy allows the user to duplicate sprites that are in pics already
► Tilemapping technology grants the user the ability to create tilemaps, and directly
paste tiles into the matrix.
► New development also allows the user to be able to change the base picture.
► Direct picture editing allows the user to use all of the xLIB shapes, a pixel plotter,
normal and inverted text, and a sprite replicator.
Requires xLIB v.601b or higher, which can be acquired here.

View File
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2007 12:46:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm of the opinion the text feature would be far better, if one could type directly on-screen. As it is, it's rather inconvenient to use, especially if one were writing the text inside an already created picture.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 May 2007 12:50:56 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys like the sprite editor?

Harrierfalcon greatly improved the Sprite Engineer that I made.
He found a way to speed it up significantly.
Even I use Artistic over my own editor Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 28 May 2007 12:53:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2007 01:40:14 pm    Post subject:

I have to agree with DarkerLine, but it would be far harder to have to convert symbols as well as lowercase and numbers on-screen.

nitacku, the reason mine is faster is because you had all the sprite functions like invert and flip INSIDE the getKey loop. Stick them outside and you should be fine.

Last edited by Guest on 28 May 2007 01:41:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 May 2007 02:16:18 pm    Post subject:

About how much space does this take to run? Would there be enough free RAM to have [name of secret project] and Artistic unarchived at the same time?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2007 02:28:26 pm    Post subject:

The noshell version is 6626 bytes, and the subroutines are ~900. I don't remember how big [name of secret project] is, but it should have enough room.
lafferjm

Posted: 28 May 2007 09:51:50 pm    Post subject:

I have an idea you could put into v2 if there is one. Make it so you can chose if you want to make an 8*8 or 16*16 sprite.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2007 10:06:26 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, later versions will probably support bigger-size sprites and bigger tilemaps. But for now, it's 8. If you were making a symmetrical sprite, you could flip and transpose, then paste for each of the 4 rotations.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement