This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 May 2007 02:56:58 pm    Post subject:

In my computer science class each student must make a final project in Java. I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do for it, and I'm sure no matter what it is I don't have the experience. Anyway, I plan on going in a bit over my head and making something useful not just to me but hopefully others. Any ideas on what I can make? By the way, I have only two weeks to do it.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 10 May 2007 04:09:45 pm    Post subject:

Well we need to know how much experience you have, what you know. Have you worked with guis at all? Make like a .. graphical calculator or something like that.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 May 2007 04:11:44 pm    Post subject:

I have not worked with GUI's but intend for this project to get me some experience there I have a few freinds who are really good with Java and can help me out if I get stuck, right now I'm just clueless on what to attempt.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 May 2007 04:17:45 pm    Post subject:

Make N! MAKE N!!

It's really close to The Game, but I have no idea of how you would do this.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 May 2007 04:18:50 pm    Post subject:

Eh, I have only two weeks to do it. It would be to much, plus I'm looking into something more like an application.
Taricorp

Posted: 10 May 2007 08:32:07 pm    Post subject:

GASP!! N!! That game owns.
/me goes and wastes several hours at it.

Minesweeper?

Last edited by Guest on 10 May 2007 08:32:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 10 May 2007 08:54:09 pm    Post subject:

Some kind of solver? Rubiks cube comes to mind because of a recent topic on that but, you could do mathematic solvers, puzzle solvers...
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 May 2007 08:34:14 am    Post subject:

The rubics cune solver would come in handy, i could never figure those things out. Im with baorder54 on this one, make a puzzle solver. :)

--rcfreak0
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 12 May 2007 11:37:44 am    Post subject:

1) Make a small RPG with only one or two levels, with minimal graphics. That's what my friends in comp.sci did last year.
2) Tetris!
3) OOOOHHH! N! (I know, it migth be kind of difficult Rolling Eyes )
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:06:40 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
1) Make a small RPG with only one or two levels, with minimal graphics. That's what my friends in comp.sci did last year.
2) Tetris!
3) OOOOHHH! N! (I know, it migth be kind of difficult Rolling Eyes )
[post="103784"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Super Speler wrote:
Eh, I have only two weeks to do it.  It would be to much, plus I'm looking into something more like an application.
[post="103633"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

He already said he is not going to do the N game. Why does everyone like that game anyway? Its all about unreal flash ,and endless war 3 cmon guys!!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement