This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 May 2007 09:37:23 am    Post subject:

baorder54 wrote:
Recursive Acronym wrote:
It would be nice if it had an undo option.  Even better, it could have the contents of the screen stored as objects, so you could move them, put them in front of and behind other objects, and also delete them without affecting other areas of the screen.
[post="103068"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have been thinking about undo even though it isn't on the list. Smile I am not sure how I will do it. And your other idea is basically copy and pasting isnt it? I am thinking about that too. But otherwise I dont really understand.
[post="103070"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
For undo, couldn't you do something like this:
Code:
     ld hl,plotsscreen
     ld de,tempscreen
     ld bc,768
     ldir
to save the screen before the change, and revert to this screen if the user wants to undo?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 06 May 2007 01:05:46 pm    Post subject:

Fallen Ghost wrote:
Greyscale support someone?

Even if greyscale is a hell of a pain to do, it still could prove useful (looks at my crappy drawgrey program).

Anyways, 16k is pretty easily filled out. How are you going to store your drawings? pics 0-9, so we can use them other than in picasso? appvars?programs?

Will there be a hex compiler that compiles image into a bunch of .db $XX,$XX statements?
[post="103073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well I plan on pics 0-9 exportable, meaning you draw them in picasso, and export them so when you recall pic 9 in a basic program it'll be there.

Nitacku said he had a greyscale drawer that I could reference maybe, or your grey draw. There will be extra pic files too. I am already reading the source code of stopic, some asm program on ticalc that allows you to store more pics than there really are.(you can't make an animation with 10 pics right? Smile )

There will difinetly be an appvar to store preferences such as cursor sensitivity, and other stuff. and as to programs? When you make an animation it will export it as an asm program that flips through the pics. These programs would be used with by basic programs wanting to make an intro movie or something.

Harrierfalcon wrote:
baorder54 wrote:
Recursive Acronym wrote:
It would be nice if it had an undo option.  Even better, it could have the contents of the screen stored as objects, so you could move them, put them in front of and behind other objects, and also delete them without affecting other areas of the screen.

I have been thinking about undo even though it isn't on the list. Smile I am not sure how I will do it. And your other idea is basically copy and pasting isnt it? I am thinking about that too. But otherwise I dont really understand.
Code:
     ld hl,plotsscreen
     ld de,tempscreen
     ld bc,768
     ldir
to save the screen before the change, and revert to this screen if the user wants to undo?
[post="103078"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is a good idea, Smile like just save the screen to a buffer after you change the screen... right?

Last edited by Guest on 06 May 2007 01:06:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 May 2007 01:12:40 pm    Post subject:

baorder54 wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:
baorder54 wrote:
Recursive Acronym wrote:

Code:
     ld hl,plotsscreen
     ld de,tempscreen
     ld bc,768
     ldir
[post="103078"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is a good idea, Smile like just save the screen to a buffer after you change the screen... right?
[post="103098"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Exactly. Just a buffer that has the previous screen, one before the changes.

:lol:
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 06 May 2007 01:18:15 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Exactly.  Just a buffer that has the previous screen, one before the changes.
Laughing
[post="103100"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good. That is a lot easier than I thought it would be, and for a redo button, I can just save the screen before I revert back to it(undoing). Perfect! I think copy and paste will be hard though. Maybe talking to Demon will help though, also sketchy has that feature so it can't be that hard. Unfortunately no source code to learn from though... Sad
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 May 2007 05:26:42 pm    Post subject:

To know the cold truth, CTRL+A will enlighten you.
Demon was banned. Why, I don't know.

But anyways, I think a copy-and-paste feature would work well. In the sprite editor, Demon utilized xLIB itself--since the "canvas" is a picture, he simply pasted the sprite from the picture to the picture. Make sense?

I don't know how you would do it otherwise.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 May 2007 05:33:17 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon, his avatars were considered insulting and after several warnings to use new ones he chose to replace them with just as insulting one. A similar thing happened on cemetech as well (banned fom using avatars).
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 May 2007 05:36:01 pm    Post subject:

Ahhh...I thought something like that, or the extensive set of profanity I repeatedly saw in his sig. He should have just stuck with the paintbrush animation.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 07 May 2007 09:04:04 pm    Post subject:

Whew, you scared me HF! I though you were going to "dare" me to read a letter of how a certain someone is awesome ast basic and programs better than people whoi have been programming for 3 YEARS!! Very Happy you know I am playing. I though you might be saying this project was too hard for me too.. I was wrong though. too bad for Demon. Sad
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 May 2007 09:17:26 pm    Post subject:

Nah, you can do it. You know more Asm than me anyways.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 07 May 2007 10:17:01 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Nah, you can do it.  You know more Asm than me anyways.
[post="103265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Definietly False. I didn't even know about multiple key press, and I have never made a game, only half of Oregon Trail, which lays in the freezer.( I plan to thaw it out one of these days and cook it) Smile
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 May 2007 10:19:55 pm    Post subject:

...Well, I'm sure you do. I don't know all that much--I only learned multiple keypresses so I could make cooler games.
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 07 May 2007 10:49:09 pm    Post subject:

Isn't that how we always the reason we learn things: to use them sometime in our life?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 11 May 2007 10:26:29 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE: Main priority is the multiple key-press routine, which apparently is not as easy as I first imagined. But first I want to get your guys opinion.

Should I either have 2nd toggle the pen and alpha toggle the erase, OR have it like a mouse(namely calcGS) where holding 2nd will draw until you let go of 2nd. you would be able to move while pressing 2nd(same with alpha which would erase) What does the majority want?

Btw: I will need multiple key-press help(help with the code) because 2nd and alpha and the arrows are in different groups. Is this even possible?

Last edited by Guest on 11 May 2007 10:27:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 06:43:40 pm    Post subject:

I've figured out a way to enable just the two groups, but that still leaves the problem of having multiple key combinations returning the same value. I'll see if I can get rid of this somehow.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 07:05:21 pm    Post subject:

Update: Tiho has joined, and is now helping in the project.

@ Tiho: I pmed, Iambian asking about it, but he hasn't logged on yet(like 2 days). He might have a solution. Anyways, good job on that part. Although it sounds difficult if they are all going to give the same value.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 07:18:23 pm    Post subject:

Man... I wish I knew ASM...

Anyway, what do you have done?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 07:32:50 pm    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
Man... I wish I knew ASM...

Anyway, what do you have done?
[post="103990"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not much. I am really stuck on the sprite routine and that is a priority right now, since it is basically the drawing engine. I have a very small routine for inverting the entire screen, the getkey routine for main menu is being worked on, and I am using sigma's circle algorithm, so I need to make a program a lot like circdemo(comes with the dl) but to fit our needs better.

Basically, not much. The splash screen was done, but that's not really important anyways, just got bored in class. Razz
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 May 2007 08:14:35 pm    Post subject:

Well, I'm guessing you'll be happy soon. Iambian's on.

I'm willing to help. I can do something...not much, but something. Small routines, screen scrolling, blacking parts, inverting parts...I can do it. (I hope.) I won't be able to do much since I'm occupied with my secret project and Metroid Pi, but...
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 08:38:22 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Well, I'm guessing you'll be happy soon.  Iambian's on.

I'm willing to help.  I can do something...not much, but something.  Small routines, screen scrolling, blacking parts, inverting parts...I can do it.  (I hope.)  I won't be able to do much since I'm occupied with my secret project and Metroid Pi, but...
[post="104005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...and he's back offline. It's ok, he'll get to it at his own leisure and I wouldn't want to hurry him anyways. I DO want him to help me afterall.

Lol, we may have to have a credits page! Or atleast an about page like Sketchy. Well any help is appreciated. How should we go about coding this? I have never worked in a group before so do we post code? Distribute the work and work independently and after compile it?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 May 2007 08:46:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't really know myself. I'm currently involved in...one group project. It's interesting to see how it works out.

I think, one person does majority (as in ~50%) of the work, and the others sit on the sidelines, yell stuff out, throw bits of code, jump in occasionally...I really don't know.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement