This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 05:51:53 pm    Post subject:

Just so it doesn't come as a surprise: Click

Without a care as to where this leaves him, this will
allow me to speak my mind without being hounded.

If you think this is excessive, then know that it was simply my stepping forward
to eliminate a factor that is detrimental to my well-being—I'm flossing my teeth.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jun 2007 05:56:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 06:20:45 pm    Post subject:

Right off the bat:
Weregoose wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:
how does this work? you actually review them and give explanations for the posts that get denied or are you going to stick with the whole unconstructive silent/banning/leaving the chat approach?
When you begin to speak a language that is not English, not even remotely human with its noisy, convoluted gibberish, and then fail to answer any questions that I give you but instead retaliate with how inept of a debater I am, then it is perfectly nonconstructive to try to address any situation with you. You are unintelligible, uninfluenced, and have only wasted a grand amount of my time and strength, purely for the sake of an invisible concept that no one on this earth would be sane to found his existence upon and then attempt to find others to coexist with. That you fail to see where you are having any problems is probably a good indication that have them aplenty. Just don't make your problems my problems.

–Weregoose

If you'd like a recent IRC chat log (held in a private chat) revealing his unwillingness to be assertive about this situation, I can procure one.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jun 2007 06:21:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 06:43:44 pm    Post subject:

Now, I'm not sure what should be said for a member parading as a different member in order to avoid a restriction placed on the normal account.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 08:03:22 pm    Post subject:

So where's this "moderation queue" located?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 08:11:45 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
If you'd like a recent IRC chat log (held in a private chat) revealing his unwillingness to be assertive about this situation, I can procure one.  [post="107667"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Please do. Right now I'm not saying anything because I'm trying to figure all of this out.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 08:15:25 pm    Post subject:

I suspended the Paula account.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 09:21:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm taking a deep breath after this

Comments? Too much? Wrong analysis of either party?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 09:39:13 pm    Post subject:

I mostly agree with what you said and find that it reflects the facts better than what I previously saw as the situation. No one here holds the monopoly on truth but I think your post pretty much sums things up.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jun 2007 09:44:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 12:37:24 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
So where's this "moderation queue" located?  [post="107714"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
It'd be rather nice to know, considering we now look incompetent for not using it properly.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 06:01:27 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
Weregoose wrote:
If you'd like a recent IRC chat log (held in a private chat) revealing his unwillingness to be assertive about this situation, I can procure one.  [post="107667"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Please do. Right now I'm not saying anything because I'm trying to figure all of this out.
After aww and I were invited into a channel by Telroth to work things out privately: [attachment=1710:attachment]
Unless I am mistaken regarding his ability to recognize a true/false question, this is a continuation of his constant failure to address anything that I have asked him which would actually put him on the spot to justify himself. He has yet to agree or even disagree that he was getting on Zeromus' nerves in the first place – instead, he always instantly retaliates by either acting confused or making claim to my lack of qualifications or objectivity, and it is this deliberate, obstinate invulnerability of his to straight-and-sincere discussion that has driven me to use brute force. (His dodging of both IRC bans and forum constraints further shows this bad conduct and his lack of responsibility.)

Way back at the end of April:
Weregoose wrote:
The friction, as I perceive it, is his unwillingness to see or admit err in his
behavior, and he only clashes with me each time I attempt to address it.
The only thing that has changed since then is the tone of my voice, and only because
of the stillness between these happenings does it seem so loud and hectic suddenly.

alexrudd wrote:
DarkerLine wrote:
So where's this "moderation queue" located?  [post="107714"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
It'd be rather nice to know, considering we now look incompetent for not using it properly.
Click the and use the right-hand drop down menu at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 07:13:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:16:03 pm    Post subject:

Unless I am mistaken regarding your ability to deduce meaning without commas and with an extra "h", you're being as antagonistic as he is, at times.

Quote:
He has yet to agree or even disagree that he was getting on Zeromus' nerves in the first place – instead, he always instantly retaliates by either acting confused or making claim to my lack of qualifications or objectivity, and it is this deliberate, obstinate invulnerability of his to straight-and-sincere discussion that has driven me to use brute force.
Both of you know that when you provoke him like that he will respond like that. That doesn't excuse the response, but why would you force him into responding that way?

Quote:
The only thing that has changed since then is the tone of my voice, and only because
of the stillness between these happenings does it seem so loud and hectic suddenly.
That's part of the problem. Neither of you are willing to forget what's been done and said and start over.

There's no point in continuing confrontation. He is not going to change his personality, and neither are you. This can be resolved peacefully, but only if you leave past problems behind and start anew. I hope both of you realize you have made mistakes but will go beyond them.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:57:52 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
alexrudd wrote:
DarkerLine wrote:
Click the and use the right-hand drop down menu at the bottom of the page.
[post="107837"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
And the only way to tell an approved post from an unapproved one (that I've found) is that the latter's background is a slightly different shade of grey (that is, it's uniform grey rather than than the marble grey you normally see). Kind of annoying.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 03:01:49 am    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
I had a chat with him about his recent behavior, we should see improvement now.[post="104040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The aforementioned chat is attached to this post.

Let this be more evidence that he does not intend to improve at all, based on his behavior since this took place a month ago.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 04:38:51 am    Post subject:

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopi...ndpost&p=111207

I'll let AlienCC and/or Telroth fill you in as to why and how this happened.

Posting from the Burn The Witches account has been disabled.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Aug 2007 04:47:39 am; edited 1 time in total
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 11:22:05 am    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopi...ndpost&p=111207

I'll let AlienCC and/or Telroth fill you in as to why and how this happened.

Posting from the Burn The Witches account has been disabled.
[post="111209"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's highly annoying Mad FYI I placed a ban on the IP adress of the 'burn the witches' and 'tomorrow today' accounts.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Aug 2007 11:23:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 04:34:30 pm    Post subject:

THANK YOU for judging him based on current behaviors, although his IRC history has already been reprehensible for some time—that which the majority of this staff hasn't been in the right place to stomach. (If 90% of a person's life was spent helping people and after which he breaks a law suddenly—or in this case, repeatedly—then he should still be required to go to jail.) Were it most anyone else acting the way that he did and when he did, a ban would have been issued long ago.

And I'm tired of being encouraged to keep somebody who would cause problems merely for the entertainment value he gets out of it—that is, we should not entertain those who have minds to act all asinine and then expect to get away with it just because they've been with us for a while longer. While under the pretense of being helpful, all he really wanted was to stir things up a bit; it was foolish to use his lengthy posts as an excuse to perpetuate his membership in the light of his other traits.

Overall, I can't say that I'll miss the sex- and drug-related articles he's been posting in IRC on a weekly basis:
#unitedti wrote:
[02:01:43] <aww> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770
[02:01:44] <aww> lol
[02:11:39] <Weregoose> Inappropriate content for this channel.
[02:11:57] <aww> is that so
[02:12:13] <Weregoose> Take some time to review the channel/network rules, please.
[02:12:21] <aww> no

Speaking of which, I'd like to read a log of what happened in IRC yesterday.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Aug 2007 08:46:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 18 Aug 2007 09:53:04 pm    Post subject:

His forum account has been banned.

Along with his new account:
http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showuser=5335

Last edited by Guest on 19 Aug 2007 05:42:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement