This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Apr 2007 11:31:45 pm    Post subject:

crap, ive got these icons that dont want to go off my desktop, ive gone into the registry and they arent there! ive done the delete on boot thing, but i go to specify the file and it says its invalid, i hate people using my computer. anyway, ill be uploading soon as i get this whole thing working
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 05:15:23 pm    Post subject:

Are you sure they aren't used by another program? because you have to terminate the program before deleting the files
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 08:49:16 pm    Post subject:

i thought of that, but it should give me that error when i go to delete them right? with these it doesnt do anything, and if i right click on them, i dont get i properties option ?!?
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 06:33:15 am    Post subject:

You could try using DOS to delete the files.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 10:21:56 am    Post subject:

Please post a screenshot of the icons and the lack of a properties item in the context menu and explain what you where looking for in the registry.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 10:23:29 am    Post subject:

If you can't click on them, view the properties window, delete them, and they they're not in your registry someone probably took a screen shot of your desktop and made it your wallpaper. Smile Funny.

I would check that first.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Apr 2007 10:25:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 11:21:31 am    Post subject:

I think that's it. Haha, classic.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 04:18:26 pm    Post subject:

Newbie wrote:
If you can't click on them, view the properties window, delete them, and they they're not in your registry someone probably took a screen shot of your desktop and made it your wallpaper. Smile Funny.
[post="101996"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I did that once to my friend's computer, and it took him an entire week to figure out what was happening Very Happy
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 05:20:05 pm    Post subject:

Haha, the best is when you take a screen shot of their desktop and turn of the "show desktop icons" option. Then, when they try to do anything with the desktop, it won't work Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 26 Apr 2007 05:20:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 05:56:39 pm    Post subject:

You forgot minimizing the start bar, an important part of that trick. Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement