This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
United-TI Archives -> Calculator Modifications

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
benryves

Posted: 01 May 2007 09:36:06 am    Post subject:

Hi, sorry for the delay.

The 08M doesn't have enough pins on it to control the VMusic2 player and the calculator; ideally use a 28X1 or 28X2 (which are new parts, not sure if they've been released yet).
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 May 2007 12:16:05 pm    Post subject:

Hey, no problem for the delay. I just checked back today(5-01-07), so it worked out. I figured the 08M wouldnt work, i just had to make sure. Im gonna order the 28X1 or 28X2 and the VMusic player ASAP, and when my parents let me. Thanks for the confirmation on that. Oh and Telnet doesnt work on my calc(yes i have the right version) it makes the whole screen flicker, and then i cant quit the program and have to yank the batteries, even "ON" doesnt exit it, but oh well i have calcsys and omnicalc.

List of supplies so-far:

08M PICAXE
IC prototyping board (from radioshack)
08M proto board
Connectors for the IC breadboard from radioshack

What im gonna get:

VMusic player
28X1 or 28X2 PICAXE

let me know if you think of anything else i need, thanks again.

--rcfreak0

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2007 12:17:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
benryves

Posted: 02 May 2007 07:19:47 am    Post subject:

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Look at the circuit diagrams in the PICAXE manuals for the 28X1/28X2 series and see what you're missing. Wink (Though IIRC the 28X1 and 28X2 parts have internal resonators, so you don't need an external one).

I personally tend to pad out my own orders with useful supplies (multipacks of resistors, voltage regulators &c).
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 May 2007 08:03:20 am    Post subject:

Oh, ok. Ill will probbaly order more than one PICAXE just because ill probbably fry one out. Ill let you know once i order everything.

--rcfreak0
benryves

Posted: 02 May 2007 09:50:33 am    Post subject:

As for Telnet 83+, the quit key is Graph. The MirageOS tasker is probably disabled.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 May 2007 11:34:34 am    Post subject:

Ill try it agian, thanks.

--rcfreak0
ForthReich

Posted: 05 May 2007 11:07:41 pm    Post subject:

Ben, you don't know me, but rcfreak0 does. I'm that friend of his that can code. Since I would have access to the calculator once he does the mods, I guess I will probably be the one stuck programming it. Basic would probably be to slow (yes?), but I am learning asm right now.

I didn't mention that the calc. was mine, got stolen three years ago, got in rc's hands, and now has the case from the geometry teachers calculator. Isin't that an epic adventure.

Last edited by Guest on 05 May 2007 11:09:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 06 May 2007 02:57:41 pm    Post subject:

ForthReich wrote:
Ben, you don't know me, but rcfreak0 does. I'm that friend of his that can code. Since I would have access to the calculator once he does the mods, I guess I will probably be the one stuck programming it. Basic would probably be to slow (yes?), but I am learning asm right now.

I didn't mention that the calc. was mine, got stolen three years ago, got in rc's hands, and now has the case from the geometry teachers calculator. Isin't that an epic adventure.
[post="103054"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Point? How was this relevant to the previous hundred-or-so posts? Sorry to be harsh, but that could be considered as an uneeded post Rolling Eyes
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 May 2007 02:58:16 pm    Post subject:

But fourth, did yoou mention thatyou GAVE the calc to me to use?
ForthReich

Posted: 06 May 2007 07:49:54 pm    Post subject:

[/quote]
Point? How was this relevant to the previous hundred-or-so posts? Sorry to be harsh, but that could be considered as an uneeded post Rolling Eyes
[post="103132"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
[/quote]
I should have been more clear. Rcfreak0 can do the hardware part, but he would take him twenty times longer than me to program it. My purpose of the post was that any information related to the programming should be posted so I can start working on it.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 May 2007 08:02:42 am    Post subject:

Well I do admit, as I have before, THAT I CAN NOT CODE! So, fouth, if you could help me code, it would be greatly appreciated. And a waste of a post, I think not. I would say you adding my name in everyone of you posts is a waste of time.\

--rcfreak0
ForthReich

Posted: 07 May 2007 09:59:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I would say you adding my name in everyone of you posts is a waste of time

I would be grateful if everyone could just excuse my obsession with rcfreak0. Anyway, I believe rcfreak0 should add an external USB port so that new songs can be sent to the calc w/o taking it apart.
benryves

Posted: 08 May 2007 06:35:26 am    Post subject:

Hmm? The Vmusic2 device *is* an external USB port. Wink The music comes from a USB flash drive plugged into it - and you can read/write files from/to the drive.

Glad to see rcfreak0 has someone to help with the software side, at any rate. Sending/receiving data over the link port is not something that's very practical in BASIC, hence the ASM requirement.
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 May 2007 08:35:40 am    Post subject:

Wait. I wanted to do this mod to *my* TI 83+. Now, in that last post it seems like i need to use my 84+SE. I dont mind if i have to, i just really rather use *my* 83+. So, am i right in that im gonna have to use my 83+? Please correct me if im wrong.

--rcfreak0
benryves

Posted: 08 May 2007 09:42:14 am    Post subject:

Now I'm confused.

I thought the aim of the project was to add MP3 playback functionality to a regular 83+? The Vmusic2 device is a USB flash drive interface with music playback capabilities, so there's your USB port.

[ USB <-> Vmusic2 ] <-> PICAXE <-> [ 2.5mm stereo socket <-> TI-83+ ]

I am not referring to the USB port built into the 84+ series calculators.

Last edited by Guest on 08 May 2007 09:43:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ForthReich

Posted: 08 May 2007 09:55:00 am    Post subject:

So basically rcfreak0 is going to cut a hole in the side of *his* calc, and wire a USB port from there to the MP3 player, if they cannot be put in the same location. Yes?
benryves

Posted: 08 May 2007 10:12:16 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure what the plans are for packaging the device.

Ultimately the unit will be quite bulky, given the size of the electronics involved (you can't really avoid this).
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 May 2007 11:41:28 am    Post subject:

Sorry for the confusion. Ben i misunderstood your post, my bad. It will be for *my* 83+ for sure(not a question, a statement). I dont thinks it will be all that bulky, im gonna take the Vmusic player out of its case, so that might help a little bit. The size really doesnt matter as long as its not 5 inches thick, and it stil somewhat fits in my pocket. Oh and fourth, hes i will probbaly "package" it that way.

--rcfreak0
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 May 2007 08:20:55 am    Post subject:

Just to let everybody know, i am still working on this, just really slowly. I have to catch up in school, and do the robocode graphics. Plus, i need more money to order the rest of the parts i need to complete the mod. Just felt like i should post an update, so i did (obviously).

--rcfreak0
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 16 May 2007 04:43:58 pm    Post subject:

rcfreak0 wrote:
Just to let everybody know, i am still working on this, just really slowly. I have to catch up in school, and do the robocode graphics. Plus, i need more money to order the rest of the parts i need to complete the mod. Just felt like i should post an update, so i did (obviously).

--rcfreak0
[post="104191"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Post some updates if you ever get it to work! It could be featured on ticalc as a new mod for a calc! Wink
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement