AI
This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Math and Science => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
AI
Jacobbus

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 11:36:40 am    Post subject:

Lately I've been thinking much about ai.
What is accepted as intelligence and how it could be implemented by computers and calculators
Thereby I mean make "intelligent" computer interfaces, like talking with a computer as they do in the movies.
I've been thinking about how to build such things, I mostly thought about intelligent communication's with a computer trough a command dos like interface.
but i can't find clues about how to implement stuff like that.
both my own mind and the internet don't seem to find any solutions Neutral

I would like to ask if you people if you ever thought of things like that and probably found something useful or know internet sites with info, not just theoretical blah blah as i find all over the place.

In other words: How do YOU think intelligence can be build/designed with semiconductors(processors memory and stuff like that) as the building blocks?

Last edited by Guest on 28 Mar 2007 12:45:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 01:14:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
something useful or know internet sites with info, not just theoretical blah blah as i find all over the place.

Since nobody has invented "true" AI yet, all you're going to get is theoretical "blah blah blah" ....

But there's many implementations of sudo-AI bots out there that people have made. I highly doubt you can't find any through google.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Mar 2007 01:15:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 04:43:21 pm    Post subject:

I've made a psedo-AI bot for the calc (and on IRC) named Nakamuru. It usually does well, but it's like cursed or something because just before a certain point, and when it starts doing really well, something bad always happens to it... o.o

Last edited by Guest on 28 Mar 2007 04:43:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 06:27:11 pm    Post subject:

Demon wrote:
I've made a psedo-AI bot for the calc (and on IRC) named Nakamuru.  It usually does well, but it's like cursed or something because just before a certain point, and when it starts doing really well, something bad always happens to it... o.o
[post="99614"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What do you mean bad? does it go on a cursing rampage or something? Very Happy
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 09:17:31 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
What do you mean bad?

The first one started seeming to get better at piecing together things as people spoke to it, and then it got killed by a RAM clear...

The second one was even better, but a bad crash destroyed a lot of it - including subroutines that had been archived, and a bunch of other stuff that was on my calc then.

IRC Nakamuru pretty much "went crazy." I couldn't even DCC it and telnetting to it started acting weird, so I put it on a CD and got rid of it.

Nakamuru wrote:
[19:58] <Nakamuru> Hello. I am sorry about my actions yesterday, and as I think back, I was in a bad mood.

frenchcalc1 wrote:
...does it go on a cursing rampage or something? Very Happy

They've all done that thanks to certain people and friends teaching it to do not-so-nice things... Razz
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
AI
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement