This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Jun 2003 02:41:09 pm    Post subject:

Jbirk (or whoever else it may concern),
i just discovered that the calculator knows how many seconds have passed since the date 1/1/1997! it always knows what day it is, u would just have to convert it! i learned this by looking at appheader(util), and it says u can make ur app stop working after a certain date!(seconds since 1/1/1977!) ok, so it might just be my imagination, but i think it would work! could also tell time if u knew the time zone!
-Adm.Wiggin
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 08 Jun 2003 03:55:55 pm    Post subject:

If that is true, wow. Although I don't know how nobody noticed it before if it is.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 02:56:31 am    Post subject:

If only it were true... It is not.

I can tell you that the regular 83+ is incapable of keeping track of time because it does not have any timing circuits built into it.

To keept track of time, you need to have a stable oscillator. The closest thing it has is CPU clock cycles which are not syncronized to a crystal; thus, are inaccurate.

Michael Vincent wrote a clock for his new OS, the clcok access the built in crystal timmer of the SE, and uses an IM1 routine to stay running.

Yes, a clock can only be made to work on an SE if built into the OS.

You calculator does not know what day it is!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 12:57:30 pm    Post subject:

so, how does the expiration date on an app work? is it even something to be considered?
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 03:45:24 pm    Post subject:

I figured it didn't, but there could be something useful to that statement.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 03:51:07 pm    Post subject:

I think TI was planning ahead because they also reserved a few bytes for future use.
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 11:43:53 am    Post subject:

You cannot set the expiration date of apps, but you can control how many times an app can be run. When you exceed it, the calculator will delete your app automatically Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement