This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 May 2007 09:36:48 pm    Post subject:

How about a screenshot for those of us who don't have a cable right now (and hope to buy a new one withen the week)?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 May 2007 10:13:03 pm    Post subject:

Fine. Be that way. Razz
Oh, yeah, make sure to get this group instead:[attachment=1457:attachment]

Oh noes! I forgot to fix a blatant bug when you shoot into a wall. It's fixed in the attachment above.

And for those of use who have a tendency to lose calc cables (shame on you), here's a couple of screens of me losing pitifully to Kraid. (He's really freakin' hard, especially on a keyboard!)
(They're invisible until ImageShack uploads them)

A couple of things I'm going to fix:
-- If you shoot while in the spike pit in Kraid's room, the spikes will disappear. They'll still affect you, but they won't be there.
-- Right now I have platform detection after player motion, so if you walk off an edge you go
X
@X
instead of
XX
@X
Does anyone think I should change this?

Last edited by Guest on 02 May 2007 06:08:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 01 May 2007 11:18:24 pm    Post subject:

*indulges self on invisible sreenies*
"Ooohhhhhhh..."
[/sarcasm]

No, I kinda like falling right away (aka don't change it).
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2007 06:08:43 am    Post subject:

Now you can indulge on the tastier screenies.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 02 May 2007 08:53:04 pm    Post subject:

Are the screenshots supposed to be connected like that? At first I though your calc screen was maximized by almost 200% Razz
Btw, the screenshots look almost identical to the basic version of metroid prime on ticalc...
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2007 08:54:19 pm    Post subject:

Um...basic version? That sounds like you think Metroid Pi is in assembly...I'm flattered :blush:

How do they look? I can't get past Kraid using a computer keyboard, so I can't show you the second boss.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 02 May 2007 08:56:37 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Um...basic version?  That sounds like you think Metroid Pi is in assembly...I'm flattered :blush:
[post="102692"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha! Very Happy
Well, after looking at this game: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/392/39284.html
I noticed that the only similarity is that the ground is the same, but nothing else. Your version has *way* better graphics, btw Smile
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2007 09:00:40 pm    Post subject:

And loads faster, and runs faster...

Thanks! Actually, the ground technically isn't the same, mine has a line around them. And I suppose that the similarity is a good thing, because Metroid Pi is a combination of Zoith and Pure.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 05 May 2007 09:48:03 pm    Post subject:

Well, tried for the tenth time to beat Kraid on it, five times so far when I entered the room with 100 health. I still haven't beaten him, probably because of the sluggish key detection and because I have a silver edition. In fact, it runs so fast on my SE, that every single enemy on the map is gray and I cannot see the start logo very well because the greyscale is so fast!
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 May 2007 09:55:24 pm    Post subject:

Sluggish key detection...ahh. I get used to it.

Yah, Kraid is hard. He does a lot of damage. The easiest way to beat him is to stand on the second block, and repeatedly jump and shoot when you are a block above his mouth. This way, you will always shoot at his mouth.

What fun are 3 bosses when all of them are pansies?
Graeli

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 May 2007 10:58:09 pm    Post subject:

I can't see the screenies, my browser screws up every time I scroll up to look at them!
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 May 2007 11:02:06 pm    Post subject:

...Well, they are huge screenies.

If you'd like, you can download them from here:
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6250/ptiani3ve6.gif
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/8172/ptiani2hx8.gif
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 May 2007 10:41:08 pm    Post subject:

No worries--progress is still being made.

So...I've been trying to come up with a third boss. It has to involve a Pi symbol, and because of this I have had a slight idea to revive my very first official calculator game--avoid the pi. (You ran away from a pi symbol) You would walk in the door, and the pi symbol would start chasing you, but the catch is it would randomly teleport (to random positions, of course) and randomly explode, hurting you if you are near it.

What do you guys think? Up to this point both bosses have been revised idea-wise directly from Metroid Pure (Kraid and Dark Samus?), so I have to inject something of my own into it. Should I change anything or do you have a cooler idea?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 08 May 2007 10:49:45 pm    Post subject:

Wouldnt that be kinda difficult? Chase games dont seem to work well for calculators(imho) because... well: It is easier to catch someone when you are both enclosed in a sdquare pen, then if you were out on an open field. Therefore you could get cornere by the pi. I assume you have to kill it? If you find a way to make it work than that'd be sick. Of course there isnt anything wrong with replicating metroid. Afterall you have used both bosses already.

I am down for anything though. Nice screenies btw. Smile
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 May 2007 10:58:02 pm    Post subject:

:lol:

Well, have you played the second boss, 'Dark Samus'? It chases you around, and has the same jumping engine. The only different thing is that it only moves sideways half as often as you (can). It also has a 1-frame reflex it takes for it to recognize that you've jumped before it does, so you can jump over it.

I'll probably take my idea all the way, but how to do so without making the boss impossible...

Hey, does anyone think that Kraid is harder than Dark Samus? If so, I need to make her a little bit harder.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 09 May 2007 10:27:54 am    Post subject:

Sigh...tried for the 25th time to beat Kraid, no luck. I brought him down to 8 HP twice and 4 HP once, but somehow, he shot my HP down from 56 to 0. The spikes are a bit unfair on an SE because the game runs so fast compared to key detection that you will spend ~3-4 seconds in the spikes before you jump up.

Still haven't reached Dark Samus yet, so I don't have an opinion about it. Cool
justusdude

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 May 2007 03:04:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Harrier, your intro program showed me how to do grayscale!

EDIT

Thank you DarkerLine! Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 09 May 2007 07:59:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 May 2007 03:44:37 pm    Post subject:

Thank DarkerLine, I found the grayscale text after skimming a topic he started.

As for Kraid, I too have been unable to beat him (Yeah, I know...). I think I'll tone his damage down a bit, and we'll be alright.

Last edited by Guest on 09 May 2007 03:44:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 May 2007 08:06:59 pm    Post subject:

Well, I've gummed Kraid down a little, smoothed out a few minor bugs...can you beat him now? [attachment=1496:attachment]

If you can't, I suppose I could slip a subtle hint...
Yeah, I know. So subtle. Anyways, you can beat him (It'll take a while, but it works) by standing on that platform and firing whenever you are level with his head. You have to have a little luck to beat him. ^_^
Delnar, when you say "SE" is this a 83+ or an 84+?

Optimizations and suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Guest on 09 May 2007 09:05:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 09 May 2007 09:23:57 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Well, I've gummed Kraid down a little, smoothed out a few minor bugs...can you beat him now?  [attachment=1496:attachment]

If you can't, I suppose I could slip a subtle hint...
Yeah, I know.  So subtle.  Anyways, you can beat him (It'll take a while, but it works) by standing on that platform and firing whenever you are level with his head.  You have to have a little luck to beat him. Laughing
Delnar, when you say "SE" is this a 83+ or an 84+?

Optimizations and suggestions are welcome.
[post="103535"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's an 83+SE, so it is faster. If you don't know why, it is because it doesn't have to check the USB port or update a clock every second.

Going to download in 5...4...3...2...1...*click*

Oh, and BTW, I was doing that ever since the first time I tried beating him. Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 09 May 2007 09:24:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 18 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement