This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Neon612

Posted: 03 Feb 2007 07:00:56 pm    Post subject:

I installed TiLP when i was having some downloading issues but now that they are fixed is there any way i can get the .8x files bacl to the way they were before i installed TiLP?

You know the way TI Connect has them. where you can just right click and Send To TI Device.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Feb 2007 07:13:14 pm    Post subject:

Try Uninstalling TiLp or (re)installing TI Connect.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 04 Feb 2007 11:28:02 pm    Post subject:

I have had the same problem, and i already uninstalled tilp/reinastalled ticonnect. I also made sure to delete tilp from program directory. The .8xp files are still unrecognized.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Feb 2007 08:38:02 am    Post subject:

You might be able to fix the extension problem on your own.

Just go to Tools, Folder Options, File Types. Then scroll until you find .8xp.
Click on it and press Change.
When it says choose a program you want to use to open this file specify TI Launcher Application (I have TI-Connect and that is what it says for me)

If you can't find the program in the list given, browse for it in the C:/program files/TI education/TI Connect/ directory (Sorry, just assuming that you are using windows since the problem seems like it could only arise on a windows based machine.)

If it worked correctly, when you double click on an .8xp file it should try to send it (I think)

Then again, you could use the Advanced button and press the new button
Then type this:

Action: &Send To TI Device...
Application used... C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI Connect\TISendTo.exe "%1"
Use DDE check
DDE message: blank/nothing
Application: TISendTo
DDE application... blank/nothing
Topic: System

Ok, it should work, at least it does for me and I just copy and pasted all that stuff in here.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement