This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Project Releases

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 01:33:44 am    Post subject:

Ok. I uploaded the game into the downloads database.
I wasn't sure how I should go about updating the game so I just submitted the whole thing with a sentence above the description saying please update. Laughing
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 07:42:26 am    Post subject:

Cool. I've been addicted to this game for a while. It even pulled me away from Metroid Pi for an hour or so, and lemme tell you, that doesn't happen often.

Just a quick question. How did you make the background scroll while keeping some things static?
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 08:08:22 am    Post subject:

Will the pics be loaded into the archive every time?
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 11:49:00 am    Post subject:

luby wrote:
Will the pics be loaded into the archive every time?
[post="98504"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The pictures are loaded into archive only when the app installs itself.
As long as list BG isn't deleted, it should only install once.

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Cool.  I've been addicted to this game for a while.  It even pulled me away from Metroid Pi for an hour or so, and lemme tell you, that doesn't happen often.

Just a quick question.  How did you make the background scroll while keeping some things static?
[post="98503"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

To make the background scroll I had to use 3 pictures in all.
One picture for the static graphics, one picture used as a mask, and one picture of the scrolling pattern.

This is the code for the scrolling title screen:

Code:
Repeat getKey
real(0,0
real(1,7,2,10,2,27,1,10,3,0,0
real(1,4-Ans,Ans-7,13,36,42,0,0,1,0,0
real(3,23,2
Ans-1+8not(Ans
End

real(0,0
clears the screen but doesn't update the display yet.

real(1,7,2...
XORs the mask onto the screen without updating the display

real(1,4-Ans...
ANDs the scrolling background onto the screen without updating. It is shifted up and to the right by the current value in Ans. It will only display on the black pixels of the previous mask sprite since it is using AND logic.

real(3,23,2
ORs the static picture onto the screen and updates the display. It doesn't overwrite any of the previous scrolling background since it is using OR logic.

Ans-1+8not(Ans
increases the number in Ans by 1 until it reaches 8, at which point it resets back to zero.

Here are some example pictures that I have taken from the secret project will help show how the logic works:
Static: [attachment=1565:attachment] Mask: [attachment=1566:attachment] Scrolling background: [attachment=1567:attachment]

So that's basically how the scrolling background trick works :lol:

After submitting the game to ticalc, I sent them a nice email asking them to consider featuring the game on their website. They have added it to their archives, but it looks like they're not going to feature it. Sad I was hoping that they would find the game featurable, but after looking through their archives, it's difficult to say what they consider featurable.

Last edited by Guest on 21 May 2007 10:17:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 08:09:11 am    Post subject:

Cool, I kind of get it. The OR's XOR's and AND's kind of confuse me. Anyway some tips I have for you.
1. Make a cost to enter the tournament. In real life these things aren't free.
2. If someone presses clear, you should know about it. You could have an extra spot on you list that is 1 if they are in a tournament and 0 if they aren't. That way, you can get those cheaters who get to the tenth frame, realize they lost and exit out, either through ON or clear.
3. add an animated screen shot(on ticalc.org) of actually bowling in a tournament. That is the best part!
4. (not a tip) what does speed have to do with your trajectory and pins falling?
5. [EDIT] Add a touch of randomness to the pin fall, or try to rework it. I have had some weird pin setups and the same ones time after time. Does your algorithm account for flying pins?

It does look good though. I like it a lot.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Mar 2007 08:37:21 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 10:40:39 am    Post subject:

File updated! Everyone rush to the program archives!
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:21:24 pm    Post subject:

luby wrote:
Cool, I kind of get it.  The OR's XOR's and AND's kind of confuse me.  Anyway some tips I have for you.
1. Make a cost to enter the tournament.  In real life these things aren't free.
2. If someone presses clear, you should know about it.  You could have an extra spot on you list that is 1 if they are in a tournament and 0 if they aren't.  That way, you can get those cheaters who get to the tenth frame, realize they lost and exit out, either through ON or clear.
3. add an animated screen shot(on ticalc.org) of actually bowling in a tournament.  That is the best part!
4. (not a tip) what does speed have to do with your trajectory and pins falling?
5. [EDIT] Add a touch of randomness to the pin fall, or try to rework it.  I have had some weird pin setups and the same ones time after time.  Does your algorithm account for flying pins?

It does look good though.  I like it a lot.
[post="98553"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1. I could make a cost to enter the tournaments, but if you don't have any credits, then do you have to start a new game?

2. I will add that. Thanks! (so the cheaters thinks they can get away with it... ) Razz

3. I do have an animated screen shot, but it doesn't show very much of the actual bowling.

4. The speed only effects the spin. The more speed, the less spin. The less speed, the more spin. The spin however effects both the entry angle and path, which in turn effects the number of pins knocked down.

In the animated screen shot on ticalc, I show one way you can get a strike. You have to have all the same items and you have to put the same amount of speed and spin on the ball if you want to get a strike that way though. If you were throw the ball faster or slower, you probably would not get a strike.

5. There is a small bit of randomness in the angle the ball is thrown, but you can adjust how much that varies with the shoes you pack. The algorithm sort of accounts for flying pins. If you were to hit the 10 or 1 pin with the right amount of spin, you could knock down the entire back row, but none of the pins of previous rows will be knocked down. I could add a bit of randomness to the spin of the ball, which would effect the game just enough to keep someone from getting the same pin configurations.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:25:07 pm    Post subject:

Jeez. This is WAY more in-depth than it seems...

Oh, and about your sprites. What did you use to make them, or did you have to draw them with your own prog or [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]Pen
?
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:27:16 pm    Post subject:

1. make the local tourny free and the rest at 10-20% of the 1st place winnings
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:35:07 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Jeez.  This is WAY more in-depth than it seems...

Oh, and about your sprites.  What did you use to make them, or did you have to draw them with your own prog or [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]Pen?
[post="98566"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I used a little program that I had created. It manages sprites, maps, and pictures all created with xLIB. I don't have any documentation so if you are wondering how to use a particular feature just ask me.

nstudio:[attachment=1356:attachment]

luby wrote:
1. make the local tourny free and the rest at 10-20% of the 1st place winnings
[post="98567"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Alright. Thanks! :biggrin:
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:36:39 pm    Post subject:

One more thing, Could there be an open bowl mode, no games, just you bowling to get used to the equipment and controls?
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:43:47 pm    Post subject:

I could do that. Would you get to test out any of the equipment of just the equipment you own?

It would be way easier to test out the equipment you own, because I could just add another 'tournament' to the list that lets you free bowl.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:45:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It would be way easier to test out the equipment you own, because I could just add another 'tournament' to the list that lets you free bowl.

That's what I was thinking. maybe make it cost 50 credits?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:50:57 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I've been looking for an xLIB sprite editor thingie. I used to use Pyro's Sprite Editor, but until I got around to drawing near the bottom. It always erases the bottommost line of pixels, which is really annoying.

Yours is a little simpler. To be honest, I don't like it, but hey, to each his own, right?

Great idea luby, but he should make it cost something.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 01:00:39 pm    Post subject:

I will have to remove Fastlane and Speedway for sure, if I am going to have enough space in the app for all of this.

Maybe I will have enough room after adding everything to put in Blackjack. Smile

@ Harrierfalcon: I would be willing to create another sprite editor. Just list all the features that you would like to see implemented.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 01:02:12 pm    Post subject:

What is Blackjack going to be like?
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 01:14:11 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I'm not really sure.

I could have the AI be the dealer. The AI would first bowl 2 times to setup what you would be playing against.
The player would get to bowl until they want to stop or until they bust.
Depending on what you bet (and bowled), you would win or lose credits.

As for multiplayer, I am still stumped.

What do you think the Blackjack should be like?

Last edited by Guest on 10 Mar 2007 01:15:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 02:00:25 pm    Post subject:

Here's the features I think would be nice:
1. Copy-and-Paste of sprites
2. Something like ZoomEdit
3. Something to draw Pics with, like line, rectangle, features, like Draw 'n' Map
4. Copy-to-another pic
5. Vertical sprite flipping
I know I'm asking a lot. Maybe make it a forum-wide project? Really the only thing I need is for Pyro's Sprite Editor to stop erasing the bottom line. And just so there's no confusion, I do mean Pyro's Sprite Editor, not PyroEdit. I'd attach my changed version, but that'd be illegal. You know, distributing modified copies and all that.

BlackJack sounds sweet, nitacku. It's fine just the way you suggested.
Multiplayer? Make the AI bowl first, then have all the players go. Thanks for explaining the scrolling background, I have yet to use the XOR,OR, and AND stuff properly.

Oh yeah, and what did you use the archive the xLIB pics?

Last edited by Guest on 10 Mar 2007 03:25:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 03:36:31 pm    Post subject:

For BlackJack as a whole, I think that you shouldn't know what the dealer's first bowl is and you get new pins each roll (i.e. first roll is an 8, second roll is a strike (10) ... ). Oh and if you get just the 10, or just the 7 pin down, it is 1 or 11.

For multiplayer with one (or more) computer(s), one computer is dealer and rolls his two (first one hidden) bowls and everyone goes in order, first humans, then computers.

Everyone starts (if there is more than one human) with 1000 credits and must bet before they go. [if there is one human, they can load a profile and use the credits from that]. you get double your bet if you win and 150% if you get a strike and the 10/7 pin.

If there are no computers selected, one human can be dealer.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Mar 2007 05:10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 May 2007 10:50:56 am    Post subject:

I'm going to be updating Bowling soon.
I've already got a list of changes that I'm going to make:

* Automatically pack supplies when purchased
* Foul if you let the velocity bar reach the max
* New title screen (it's pretty cool Smile)
* Possibly a progress bar when calculating trajectory
* Make getting strikes a bit more challenging
* Optimize even more
* And a few minor graphic tweaks

I am considering removing all the arcade games except Perfect in order to make room for Blackjack. If this sounds good, please let me know. I don't want to remove something and ruin the game.

If you have any suggestions, please share them.
I'm going to be going over the entire game. It will be much easier for me to implement any changes right now than later. I'm hoping that I only have to go through the 1400+ lines of code once. Razz
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement