This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 10:49:39 am    Post subject:

File Name :: StarCalc 0.2 Beta
Author :: Fallen Ghost
Category :: Ti-83plus Asm Games
Screenshot ::
Description ::
Here it is! StarCalc 0.2 Beta!

This game is intended to be a remake of Starcraft: BroodWar, here at it's current features:

-Map exploration on a 128*128 map
-127 unit types, 127 building types, 127 static types
-Minimap
-Collision detection
-Save Games
-3 races (Protoss, Terrans and Zergs), each one with it's unique utility bar

And there's even a more!

View File

Please take note: Version 0.2 has bugs in it that can probably RAM clear or alter your memory. I recommend you to be careful with it. Those bugs have been fixed for next version.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Mar 2007 07:04:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 11:08:12 am    Post subject:

I'll dl this when I get home and let you know...
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 03:58:36 pm    Post subject:

An objective and goals would be nice. A better readme. I can't figure out what I am supposed to do. nice main menu though.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 05:17:55 pm    Post subject:

Nice engine, but distinguishable sprites would be better. I recognize the Zealot, but where's the Probe?
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 06:38:59 pm    Post subject:

Ok. First, as it is Beta 0.2, there is no goal. Just so that I can have feedback from people.

@Luby: A better readme? Ok, but more precisely? I know there is no goal now (it's just a WIP), but that'll be included in 0.3.

Distinguishable sprites: I'll do some a "Stats" option in the main menu where you can see the unit and see it's stats. (and maybe even a link from in-game).

The probe is the little fly thingy. My friend does my sprites, and they are somewhat strange sometimes, but I use them because I cannot draw better ones.

I shall also ry to re-modify my sprites.

Any other comments?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 06:43:59 pm    Post subject:

If you don't mind, a smoother scrolling routine? That would make it much better. The mouse is too sensitive for my taste, but why not make that an option in the final version? Some rotated sprites would be cool, but would probably add some unnecessary size.

Are you doing fog of war as a greyscale sheet, while unexplored areas are totally black?

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jan 2007 06:46:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 07:02:32 pm    Post subject:

What I will release in Beta 0.3 (or 0.4 if i find 0.3 to be an internal only):

-The mouse will change to a select box moving by tiles in order to save alot alot and alot time so that it goes faster (and adding things like combat)
-Moving animations -> finally Smile
-Combat : Force targetted (right click on the ennemy) and look-around targetted (within a range of the unit)
-Buildings (at least that they are in there)
-"Stats" Option I talked above and an in-game pause menu (instead of quitting upon pressing clear)

And if I have time: Fog of war, unexplored areas black and fog 01010101,10101010 patterns (basically like a chess board)

This will be February 26-27 (I know the date because that's when I will give Starcalc as my school project).

The current version of StarCalc takes 7215 bytes (according to ZDS), so I still have the space to add things.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jan 2007 07:04:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 07:07:04 pm    Post subject:

Could you make the corners of explored and unexplored areas more rounded? This would only show up in the corners, and just adding or subtracting a single pixel would be enough.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 07:55:22 pm    Post subject:

Cool stuff, no real terrain but thats probably a good thing since pathfinding would take too much time. I like the titlescreen too Smile.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 08:01:16 pm    Post subject:

Yep, but that will come after the most important thing: Combat!!

Anyway, I'll try to re-model certain sprites. Here are what each of them are, please tell me if they look of what they are:

Click the thumbnail and then save the full-view pic (or just copy it) into any image editor (paint, Microsoft Picture Editor, Photoshop, etc.). Builgings are bigger so they are much more easily recognizable (but they are not in this pic).

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jan 2007 08:04:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 08:07:32 pm    Post subject:

this looks complicated. I need a very descriptive guide book. I am slow like that.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 08:50:50 pm    Post subject:

i have to say those sprites are uber cool though
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 01:25:01 am    Post subject:

This looks very promising, great job so far.

--AlienCC
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 06:22:30 am    Post subject:

@Luby: Thanks for the comment, the guide book will be more appropriate than what it is now. For now, the only things you can do is select the unit and move it to explore terrain.

Thanks guys for comments. I'm working on adding targetting and ennemies now.
Cure

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 03:32:42 pm    Post subject:

*Borat voice* Very good how much?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jan 2007 03:32:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaNNeRedNaGa

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 04:08:46 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, btw these sprites aren't really official, trying to focus on buildings right now Smile
They are the real fun Wink
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 04:16:27 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so here is MaNNeRedNaGa, the guy who does the sprites (I draw very badly).

I code, he draws. The only thing he knows about TI calcs is how to play with them and how to draw on them.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 06:51:21 pm    Post subject:

I think they're pretty good. I've never played the original so I don't know how close they are to the real thing.

Either way, awesome sprites.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 07:25:22 pm    Post subject:

IMHO, the sprites that need improvement are:
-All Terran infantry: they look waaay to similar to each other
-Goliath (looks like...I don't know what!)
-Science Vehicle (looks like an alien mask thingy)
-Probe (looks like a house fly)
-Shuttle, Arbiter, Broodling, Infested Terran, and Scout (hehe, I hate blank sprites)
-Queen (looks like a turret)
-Scourge (looks like some random sprites)
-Hydralisk (looks like an old man with a cane)

my question is...how would you implement the RTS of the original game? Because if you find a way, people are going to spend more time playing on their calcs than being on the computer (no, really)!
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 08:22:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the sprite improvements (I'm serious)

For the RTS part, I would first implement the combat, then add buildings and then add air units. Then it would be only matter of AI and visual beautifulness (fog of war, greyscale, alert messages like "base under attack" or such, pathfinding (a real one, like in the real game), cliffs) ->all of them in order I need to do them.

I pretty much want to implement the RTS part in 0.4 or 0.3.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement