This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Neostar

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 05:50:02 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I'm making a game shark, currently it only has all of my save file titles, Halo 83.5, Pove vs. Digi, and Stardust, anyone else want to donate there games and give me what the vaiables are used for so they can have a section in my gameshark... the "NeoGame Shark" for TI-83 and 83plus! So far I have codes like inf. HP, ATT, DEF, Weak Enemies, lots of cash, and other crap that would be suitable for the game. Because average TI-gamers that don't know how to prog, really don't know what they're doing and they are constantly asking me to implement codes, I do. But I tell them to go my site and download the codesbut they are too lazy. So they don't really deserve them, but since I'm a nice guy, I decided to make a GS, no codes neccesary!
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 07:27:14 pm    Post subject:

your such a nice guy... i always hated those a gamesharks... back in the day there were cool, but when they came out on cd i could never delete all the 100s of useless games i never played, or save a few games it didnt have.
in turn, please dont make it come with a cd drive and a cd full of code on it
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 03:44:45 pm    Post subject:

if you made it assembly with an interrupt, then you could have it just edit the assembly programs values during the game Smile
Neostar

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 03:54:55 pm    Post subject:

That's a great idea, and I'm pretty sure I could do that... if only my precious TASM compiler worked....
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 03:58:23 pm    Post subject:

the only thing is, you would need to know at what memory address they store the data... like what score defines to.
Neostar

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 04:06:10 pm    Post subject:

But if I had the source I could figure it out. Right? Well, I know I could interpret, but I think I would need to know what exactly they defined everything as... urg.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 04:15:52 pm    Post subject:

but that wouldnt be too hard, and you could store all of the info collected into an appvar! and you could allow them to add their own defines to that appvar Smile it would be awesome! 999 lives in Mario! Very Happy all someone would need to add one is the source of the program. SmileSmileSmile
Neostar

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 04:43:20 pm    Post subject:

okay, so can anyone get me that code and fix my compiler...
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 06:37:18 pm    Post subject:

i think it would be hard, since there are thousands of games out there. include something that you can make your own codes with, as in it will determine the life/lives/cash/ect and you input the number you want... but i dont know how possible that is... Confused
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 05:00:13 am    Post subject:

Shall I move this to projects or asm?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 11:36:45 am    Post subject:

ok, IF he is making it an interrupt driven thing, then it would probably be asm project lol
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 12:58:54 pm    Post subject:

you just want to be able to mod over another topic...

did my compiler help?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 01:08:02 pm    Post subject:

Darth Android wrote:
you just want to be able to mod over another topic...

Sorry?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 01:29:56 pm    Post subject:

he was talking to me... lol but i said asm Project Laughing hehehe so i was saying, i dunno, ask Neostar Smile
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 01:54:10 pm    Post subject:

If it is interrupt, there would have to be a "Apply Codes" button like ON+A. Would this still work with BASIC programs? MirageOS doesn't...
Neostar

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 05:43:30 pm    Post subject:

It was going to be BASIC, but if I can do it in ASM... then it will have basic and ASM code, so it'll have a sub prog, for ASM game editing.... so urg... should it be moved to ASM? Nah, move it to projects... well... it doesn't matter...
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 12:01:35 pm    Post subject:

Actually what you could do is have a 'searching mechanism' that would search the Ti's memory for certain values. It would work very well for unique values, but maybe it wouldnt work so well for stuff like lives. For example say your current score is '12432', you would then just search memory for that value. Once you find it, it is highly unlikely that this value would be duplicated anywhere else in memory so it is bound to be the correct address(even if it is duplicated, it wont be too often so a little testing will decipher which address is correct). However if you have '5' lives...and you search for '5' in memory, you will most likely find a whole lot of memory locations that store '5' (like thousands) for one reason or another. You will still come across the one you are looking for(where lives are stored) but you will have to sift though lots of others and do a bit of testing (and risk crashing the calc) to find it. But once you do find it you would just save it and everything will be great! Very Happy.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Sep 2003 12:04:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 03:04:30 pm    Post subject:

Instead of being like gameshark, it could be like game genie. Just input a code that says what to change and what to change it to, like:

4456H100 would put 100 (lives?) into 4456h.
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 27 Sep 2003 01:33:25 pm    Post subject:

i remeber the good old game genies... they were great, i second that idea for the game genie
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 27 Sep 2003 09:17:26 pm    Post subject:

in the MirageOS they built in a kinda cheat, On + ENTER + Y=, GRAPH, WINDOW and it will spead up a game, but now since people found out, all the new games have an anti-cheat in them (thinking of bubble bobble, not the APP, Fpheonix, etc.)

but this might be off topic
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement