This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 07:31:51 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: MineSweeper
Author :: Harrierfalcon
Category :: Ti-83 Basic Games
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=252[/img]
Description ::
Yes, another minesweeper. But this one features a fully customizable interface! It includes several skins for mines, your cursor, and flags. You can also select whether or not to reveal the board when you lose.

And of course, the standard custom field size (4*4-8*16), custom number of mines, and a psuedo-auto-uncover. All preferences are saved upon quitting as well, saving you the trouble of re-configuring it every time you want to play).

All of this thrown together makes this one of the best (if not, the best) minesweeper games out there! Also, it's only a little (as in, less than 100) bytes bigger than 3000. :D

More screenies in the zip. :D

As a side note, I've noticed that in other minesweeper games, that sometimes the numbers shown are not true, as in incorrect. This version does not have ANY glitches.
WARNING: THIS GAME IS VERY ADDICTIVE! I HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY INCAPACITATED BY THIS GAME (at least 3 days) AND WILL THEREFORE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILED CLASSES.

View File
trigkid213

Posted: 19 Dec 2006 11:41:24 pm    Post subject:

looks good, i'll download it.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Dec 2006 11:43:12 pm    Post subject:

Tell me what you think of it. I was thinking about shrinking the mine size, but I won't waste my time on doing something that nobody will appreciate.
trigkid213

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 12:11:57 am    Post subject:

Nice. Why shrink the mine size? I only have a few improvements:

1: Include a readme, and let the user choose his controls in the options menu.
2: Display the "Loading..." screen before you display the mine field, and add a progress bar.
3: When a blank section is cleared, get it to clear all of the blank space, and display all the numbers around it.
4: Pressing alpha twice should put a question mark on the square, like the real game.
5: Add a timer for high scores.
6: This would take some work, but add the functionality that pressing both buttons does in the real game, where it automatically "clicks" all the unmarked mines in the surrounding seven squares.

Overall, very nice job. You've come a long way since "Gravity Cave."
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 07:17:02 am    Post subject:

trigkid213 wrote:
Nice. Why shrink the mine size? I only have a few improvements:

1: Include a readme, and let the user choose his controls in the options menu.
2: Display the "Loading..." screen before you display the mine field, and add a progress bar.
3: When a blank section is cleared, get it to clear all of the blank space, and display all the numbers around it.
4: Pressing alpha twice should put a question mark on the square, like the real game.
5: Add a timer for high scores.
6: This would take some work, but add the functionality that pressing both buttons does in the real game, where it automatically "clicks" all the unmarked mines in the surrounding seven squares.

Overall, very nice job.  You've come a long way since "Gravity Cave."
[post="93089"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1. Wouldn't be so hard. Would have to make the list bigger though, and make a secondary options menu. What's wrong with the controls?
2.a) That would be easy, but Cool the progrees bar would take some work, due to the varying amount of mines/tiles it would have to go thru.
3. You mean, like in the Windows Minesweeper, how clicking on an empty space clears ALL of the area up until it hits a number? Because that would be very hard and is probably one of the biggest obstacles i nyour suggestions.
4. Would take a little work, and I would have to remove the ? from the flags section.
5. That would be hard, because there are A LOT of possible sizes and mines. It would have to be a percentage of some sort, to get all scores on the same table.
6. What exactly would this do? It would also add a significant size to the game, and without a proper compensation of gameplay. I played Windows minesweeper and it just depresses all the boxes except for flagged ones. Also, this would require Minesweeper to have an external subroutine (ASM) to register multiple keypresses.

trigkid213 wrote:
Overall, very nice job.  You've come a long way since "Gravity Cave."

Thanks! I admit, I though Gravity Cave was one of my biggest accomplishments back then (in the good ol' days). The biggest feature I liked was the incredible speed! Though if you actually look at it, the engine for Minesweeper isn't that big either.

EDIT: I just remembered, the one in the archives is fully updated, and I don't want to bother DarkerLine with even more submissions, so I'm waiting for the newer download system. Darker said it should be up soon anyways. Anyways, all I think I did was change a few mine patterns. Razz

Last edited by Guest on 20 Dec 2006 07:32:42 am; edited 1 time in total
trigkid213

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 05:27:22 pm    Post subject:

3. Even though it would be hard to fix, this is probably the biggest annoyance in your game.
6. When you left and right click on a square in the real game, it first checks to see if a) it has a number (e.g., not a blank spot or unclicked square) and b) that the number equals the number of flags in the surrounding seven squares. If both of these are true, then it automatically clicks any box in the surrounding seven that is both unflagged and unclicked. It is basically just to save time, and it's really convenient. You have to be careful that you flagged the right ones, though. And seriously, it's just a TI-BASIC game. You wouldn't have to get multiple keypresses; just let Mode do the same thing.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Dec 2006 06:07:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 05:34:34 pm    Post subject:

3. Hah! Annoyance? It's considerably more than an annoyance.
6. I still don't get it.

Btw, I was thinking about adding a AutoWin feature, but I have no clue how.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 06:01:19 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
6. I still don't get it.
Minesweeper: Strategies and tips wrote:
If you have marked all the mines around a numbered square, you can uncover the remaining squares around it by clicking the numbered square with the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously. If not all mines surrounding the numbered square have been marked, the remaining covered or unmarked squares will appear to be depressed (or flash) when the numbered square is clicked with both buttons simultaneously.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 06:04:24 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I get it now. Eureka! Thanks 'Goose.

@Trig: It'd be easier to make Math do that, than pressing 2 keys at once. This would eliminate the need for an external ASM prog Smile
trigkid213

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 06:08:02 pm    Post subject:

Or Mode, like I said. Read the whole post.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 06:08:27 pm    Post subject:

he already said that, exept with mode instead of math.

trigkid213 wrote:
You wouldn't have to get multiple keypresses; just let Mode do the same thing.
[post="93136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Harrierfalcon wrote:
@Trig: It'd be easier to make Math do that, than pressing 2 keys at once.  This would eliminate the need for an external ASM prog Smile
[post="93151"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

edit: to late, trigkid213 was first

Last edited by Guest on 20 Dec 2006 06:09:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 06:12:55 pm    Post subject:

Shhhh! Nobody needs to know that!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement