This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
magus57

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 10:41:59 pm    Post subject:

After the first time was unsuccessful (due to my lack of knowledge of programming and lack of support from other users), here I am again, and along to help me is Harrierfalcon. If you've never played Crimsonland, here is a link to the official download (it's a free trial, but it's worth it):

http://crimsonland.reflexive.com/?menu=downloads

Here is what we're trying to do so far:

1. Use xlib
2. 8-way direction-facing (or 4-way if 8-way turns out to be too hard)
3. Character and enemies scroll slowly but smoothly
4. The map of each level is 3 screens wide and 3 screens long
5. Enemies spawn a set # of times at set locations, increasing per level
6. No powerups except for nuke and slow-down (insta-kill all enemies on screen and slow enemies while character still fast)
7. No upgrade/experience system
8. Small # of levels, each with one or two bosses
9. No special effects (like blood or terrain)
10. Enemies dissapear upon hitting them the amount of times needed to kill
11. Character can only get hit a set # of times before dying
12. Use 8x8 sprites for character and enemies
13. Only set # of enemies can be at screen at time to prevent major slowdown

And as for the weapons:

1. Pistol (basic)
2. Shotgun (spread)
3. Sniper (power)
4. Machine Gun (or flamethrower) (fast)
5. Rocket Launcher (power, large explosion area)

Keep in mind, were going to try to program in TI-BASIC, and we need all the support we can get. I have some 8x8 sprites, but I don't know how to convert them to xlib format, so if anybody knows how, or wants to help out in general, please post here.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 10:48:18 pm    Post subject:

I have to say, the shotgun will be pretty hard.

I think max # of enemies should be 4.
HP should be 15.
Enemies HP grows as levels progress.

Powerups:
Nuke
Freeze

Magus57, I think it would be faster if we omitted scrolling. Just one 8*12 screen.

I know exactly how we can make the game slow down with the char still moving fast.

Code:
:Repeat HP=0
:For(theta,1,A //difficulty
:[moving goes here]
:End
:[Enemies move here]
:End

So to make them freeze, simply store some insanely low number (the lower, the longer) into theta. Simple.
magus57

Posted: 16 Dec 2006 02:14:53 pm    Post subject:

I see. Everything sounds good. Now there's probably less slow-down because of this. As for the shot-gun, it could just be a thicker pixel, so that you have to aim less to shoot.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Dec 2006 02:18:49 pm    Post subject:

Could just be that it fills the entire 8*8 sprite square, or something along those lines.

I'll start on some sprites and get them up ASAP....are we doing 4-way or 8-way facing? I think it would be better to do 4way for now, then if it works, add 8way later.

Btw, instead of having about 4 enemys onscreen, how about have one huge hard boss?

EDIT: Magus, could we have your priority list on completion of your games? I think that Crimsonland shouldn't be first, so then you have more things to get experience from.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Dec 2006 02:23:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
magus57

Posted: 16 Dec 2006 04:15:30 pm    Post subject:

Well, I think I'll put "TI-Bully" on hold for now, only because there's still so much left to do that I don't know how to do. "Oregon Trail" is much easier, and I can easily finish the entire game, with the exception of making sprites/pictures (with xlib) and the hunting game. Until I learn how to do either, it will be entirely text-based (except for the rafting game at the end, which will be easy), so we probably aren't going to start this until at least Oregon Trail is finished. Then I'll be able to do this better (because the hunting game will be very similar to this game).

Last edited by Guest on 16 Dec 2006 04:16:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 08:42:25 pm    Post subject:

so i guess u dont need me to make sprites?
magus57

Posted: 21 Dec 2006 08:02:26 pm    Post subject:

Probably not, and either way, this project won't take off for at least another month or two.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 22 Dec 2006 03:29:28 am    Post subject:

i was talkin bout oregon trail sprites. sorry but i just read my post and realized its quite ambiguous but im talking bout ot sprites, not crimsonland.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement