This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 12:26:38 am    Post subject:

There are teacher models of the 82, 83, and 83+ SE that have a port on top to hook to the ViewScreen for overhead projectors. Presumably this port cannot read data and may even be wired directly to the LCD so that whatever appears on the display automatically is on the ViewScreen. That would make it so that the OS could be a normal one and the OS would not have to handle outputting to the viewscreen. I have never looked close, although I have seen a teacher model 83+ SE. So, mabey there could be an asm program that outputs static to the screen but the data going to the linkport would control an attached device. Really obscure calcs, but it is an idea. See the calcs at datamath.org.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 12:49:06 am    Post subject:

Those models churn through batteries at least twice as fast as normal TI's, without hooking them up to said projector.

--AlienCC
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 05:32:24 am    Post subject:

I imagine that the viewscreen output is mapped to the LCD. This just my guess however. If anyone wants to try some experiments, I have a 82 model that has the viewscreen port. It's technically "broken" but I think the port works.

Since they already have a large bulge from the port, it makes me wonder why TI didnt expand the case and allow it to use AA batteries.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement