This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jun 2007 03:30:29 am    Post subject:

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopi...ndpost&p=106371

Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 09:37:37 pm    Post subject:

IRC wrote:
[19:29:08] <MetalRandomist> Who do I ak about how to getunbanned?
[19:30:02] <Weregoose> Send a PM to one of the staff and we'll review it.
[19:33:00] <MetalRandomist> I can't.  I'm looking for the message center and it's not there...
[19:35:13] <Weregoose> Okay, I'll make it known that you want to be unbanned. Anything in your defense you'd like to say here would be helpful.
[19:35:59] <MetalRandomist> Well... I wouldn't know what else to say besides that I'll keep my avatar and signature people-frienly now...
Since he hasn't received a suspension yet (we'll learn from that), I say
we call this like one and give him one final chance to participate again.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2007 09:58:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 01:55:01 am    Post subject:

Fair enough. He'll probably shape up now that he has his own project topic to maintain.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 12:10:37 pm    Post subject:

The old account is in shambles, but it's the one that should be restored of the two.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 02:54:29 pm    Post subject:

As he was logged on making things convenient, and there seems to be agreement on this issue, I unbanned him, and sent him this PM:
Quote:
You are about to be unbanned. I suggest you look at this as an opportunity to redeem yourself and act better in the future.

It might be of interest to you that forum rule #6 has been updated to forbid all profanity in user's signatures.

DarkerLine, on behalf of the United-TI Staff

Do we restore his warn level back to 0% from 75%? I don't think we do.

..isn't his name supposed to stop showing up in red at some point?

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jun 2007 02:56:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 03:09:22 am    Post subject:

I was wondering about that. And I haven't seen him post in the past two days.

Maybe we can lower the warning to 50 or 25. Enough to say "this is a new chance but not a clean slate."
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jun 2007 08:06:50 am    Post subject:

He's posted in that he's submitted programs to the archives, which show up as posts by him - I haven't seen him make regular posts either.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 11:24:57 pm    Post subject:

I warned Demon for linking to a .zip file containing ROMs in a recent post of his.

His warning level has reached 100%.

I'm prepared to send him this PM when he gets banned:
Weregoose wrote:
Message Title: Illegal ROMs, Forum Ban

Distribution of ROM files is illegal, and therefore prohibited in these forums. Because you were already given your last chance before this, you are hereby banned from United-TI. Hastily making poor choices instead of asking moderators or staff members for approval has led to this. Good luck in your endeavors elsewhere.

–Weregoose

If other people see "Banned" as Demon's member title next to his post, then it should make the message loud and clear that we do not permit this. Furthermore, I'm all for supplementing the Terms and Conditions accordingly: "You are not allowed to discuss extremely offensive topics such as but not limited to Illegal Activities (which includes furnishing illegal ROMs through the forums), … etc."

Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2007 11:41:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 09:21:47 am    Post subject:

We'll try again at 120%, I guess.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Aug 2007 09:22:36 am; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 12:09:10 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I don't really care at all that distributing ROM's is illegal. As long as we protect UTI by officially warning him and removing it, we're fine. Ban him if you want for not paying closer attention when he had such a high warning. There's no conflict of interest involved, so there's no need for a second opinion from another staff member.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 12:47:03 pm    Post subject:

Put simply: I can't ban. But I thought I should post that it happened, regardless.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Aug 2007 12:49:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 02:06:34 pm    Post subject:

Considering that we've already let it go for several days, I think we don't have to ban him, especially given that

• distributing ROMs isn't that serious an offense
  • we were going to lower his warning from 75% before banning him, but didn't
  • he does write good programs
However, the next time he does anything, whoever notices it should go ahead and suspend his posting ability after warning him, and send him the PM (or even better) as though he's been banned - whoever notices it with banning capability will do so immediately.

Also, I updated the terms and conditions.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Aug 2007 02:19:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement