This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Dragon OS => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Dragon OS

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 12:07:43 pm    Post subject:

DragonOS update:
just finished adding the .gdb extention and coding the grahing prgm. ill upload it somewhere soon so ppl can test it. it is stand alone for the most part, but if you decide to press any of the number buttons while it's running have Str5 and prgm(theta)DATA defined or it will give ou and error.
features:
you can "pan" around the graphscreen by using the arrow buttons
[mode] set the calc into high speed, inaccurate graph mode (good for panning)
[X,T,(theta),n] set the calc into normal, accurate graph mode (good for studying the graph, while not panning around)
[2nd] standard graphing window (Xmax & Ymax = 10, Ymin & Xmin = -10)
[Trace] same as normal
[+] zoom in (zooms by 125%)
[-] zoom out (zooms by 75%)
if it is run from DragonOS:
any number button pressed while you are at the standard graphing window: recalls set windows settings for that number
any number button pressed while you are NOT at the standard graphing window: sets window settings for that number
to be added:
Y= editor
custom setting of window vars (decimals)
normal zoom menu
stat plot graphing

also: i have found a logo for the splash screen, but dont like it too much, so im working on another. ill upload a pic of the current one soon.

another thing: if someone has enough free time, i could use 1. a prgm that can tell me if the prgm specified in Str1 is basic, nostub, ion, mirage, or TSE. this way i can keep the user from trying to run a mirage prgm bcuz right now, DragonOS only supports basic and nostub.
2. a prgm that has the ion libs, and can run the ion prgm whos name is in Str1, so that i will be able to add ion support to DragonOS Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 23 Sep 2003 12:13:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Trettel

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 03:36:08 pm    Post subject:

Reverse Engineering is figuring out how something works by opening it up/looking at it or studying it.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 05:49:05 pm    Post subject:

Darth, i thought of how to make the requested interrupt... should i have it run it with the getKey program? (install it i mean) or separate? oh, it would have to be separate, nm lol. what combo would break instead?
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 08:07:40 pm    Post subject:

I was trying to make nested folders once... worked pretty well, but took up 2 strings. How are you making it fit into 1?
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 08:15:39 pm    Post subject:

10->C
For(A,1,length(Str1)
inString("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURTUVWXYZ().:(space)",sub(Str1,A,1->B
C/B-B->C
End

ABCD

10 / 1 - 1 = 9
9 / 2 - 2 = 2.5
2.5 / 3 - 3 = -2.166666667 (rounded as the calc would)
-2.166666667 / 4 - 4 = -4.541666667

(-4.541666667 + X) * X
For x = 1 to whatever step 1
(Ans + X) * X
Next X

hmm... Seems pretty good, if you can even follow this Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 23 Sep 2003 08:17:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 09:46:50 am    Post subject:

Darth Android wrote:
about the [on] thing: i mean like, an interupt so if the [on] is pressed is simply doesnt stop execution of DragonOS and if another predefined combo is pressed it jumps to the location in memory where it would usually go if [on] was pressed, trigering the tios error handler

What I meant is that it should never get to the error handler, or you will thuroughly f*ck up your calc. Set it up similar to a ctrl+alt+delete thing to avoid problems. pressing the chosen combo give a screen that asks "are you sure?" and then it will safely shut down.

IntrnalDsK: Welcome back!

Last edited by Guest on 24 Sep 2003 09:47:13 am; edited 1 time in total
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 06:25:49 pm    Post subject:

can I have that routine? I'll work on trying to figure out how to fix the password routine...

All I can say is that making the length of the password matter might help. Say if you did C/A-A->C when you were done with the loop? Or 10/Length(Str1)-Length(Str1)->C before the loop starts, or somewhere in the middle, say after the first letter? Or do C/A-A->C durring each loop cycle? or maybe C/(B+A-1)-B instead of C/B-B. These should throw those few things I made up off. But I'm not sure whether they will affect decryptability. it doesen't take much to throw my system off, but I want to be sure that doing it won't throw your protections off. It should remain unhackable as far as I can tell, and I'm prety sure these should shatter my pairs that produce the same results, but I'll try to check. I didn't trust yours, and I don't trust mine.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 08:26:45 am    Post subject:

1. ill add the length to the pw prgm today
2. want i want with the [on] thingy is for it to be disabled so DragonOS can have its own error handler for the [on] button

intrnaldsk:
string looks like this: " desktop.fol: my calc.fol network.fol recycle.fol[4 spaces]test.mp3::"
i put " desktop.fol" into str2
i have a prgm that searches str5 until it finds str2+":"
then it searches from after the location of str2+":" until it finds "::" and it returns all that is in between:
" my calc.fol network.fol recycle.fol[4 spaces]test.mp3"
the names are always 8 characters, with spaces on the front if they arent. they have a . and a character extension.
it will then disp the text " my calc" at a certain position, run a search like b4 for (thelittle"i"thingyabovethedecimal)fol, and feed that as str1 to the sprite prgm adm.wiggin made for me.
it repeats for length(Str2)/12 Smile thats how Cool

Last edited by Guest on 25 Sep 2003 12:12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 12:19:33 pm    Post subject:

JACstudios_ceo wrote:
Darth Android wrote:
about the [on] thing: i mean like, an interupt so if the [on] is pressed is simply doesnt stop execution of DragonOS and if another predefined combo is pressed it jumps to the location in memory where it would usually go if [on] was pressed, trigering the tios error handler

What I meant is that it should never get to the error handler, or you will thuroughly f*ck up your calc.

acctually, im making it so that it can shut down from anywhere as long as its not deleting from the hd, which it does quick and is very hard to TRY to press [on] at the right time.
how DragonOS works: it is divided into minisections, each designed to not need any variables other than Str5 when it is done, so that if you run a basic prgm, not much has to be cleanedup when it is done. Cool
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 05:44:12 pm    Post subject:

erm... im barely keeping up with school, so progress is as a minimum if at all Sad Sad
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Oct 2003 12:02:51 pm    Post subject:

ah! i finally got those projects done for school, so im starting work on DragonOS again.
if someone good with asm can make a prgm that can run ion prgms (the name of the prgm will be in str0)
if someone can make a mirage emulator too that would be very nice
(credit posistions are open, just include your forum name in the email, my email is darth_android@unitedti.org)

edit: im sure if i made this clear or not: DragonOS is a BASIC prgm with asm subroutines

Last edited by Guest on 14 Oct 2003 12:15:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 02 Nov 2003 05:19:49 am    Post subject:

Darth Android wrote:
well, im still waiting for someone to "reverse engineer" the pass i said above (-15.117743764172) Smile

"Dragon" would be the password.
Also, you didn't get that on the calc, because it has too many decimal places.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 02 Nov 2003 10:15:24 am    Post subject:

actually, it is possible to get that from the calc, which keeps track of 14 places, meaning that by subtracting 15.1177 from the originally displayed number and multiplying the answer by 4 you can see the last few digits.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 Nov 2003 10:16:53 pm    Post subject:

JacobdeHaan wrote:

shoot man, he's good you have to admit...
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 12:01:03 am    Post subject:

JacobdeHaan wrote:
Darth Android wrote:
well, im still waiting for someone to "reverse engineer" the pass i said above (-15.117743764172) Smile

Also, you didn't get that on the calc, because it has too many decimal places.

1. yes, tell me how you got it (guessing doesnt count, but tell me anyways)
2. it does. it only displays so many, but it calculates it furthur Razz
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 12:50:55 am    Post subject:

I've become interested in your project and am willing to contribute if you want my help. I know you are more than aware of my asm programming capabilities. If you wish for me to help please contact me.

email: biggamer99ca@yahoo.com
msn: biggamer99ca@yahoo.com
AIM: AssasinSnpr
YIM: justin_wales2003
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 02:20:46 pm    Post subject:

i am glad you are offering your help and it will be much appreciated. some of the things i could use:

on breaker:
disables/enables the [on] key break during basic programs
x=0 disable
x=1 enable

Str2AppVar program:
converts a string to and appvar and back
Str1 the name of the appvar to be created/to read from
n # of the string to use, cant be 1
x=0 String -> Appvar
x=1 Appvar -> String

program lister:
returns the names of programs, doesnt return hidden programs though
Str1 name output
x=0 returns total # of not hidden programs on the calc
x>0 returns program x
eg:
if "DRAGONOS" was the first program and x=1, Str1 would equal "DRAGONOS" after the program was done

list program:
interacts with lists
x=0 retrive data from element
x=1 store data to element
Str1 name of list to use
n=0 returns deminsions of the list into variable N
n>0 element # to use

first line:
returns the first line of a program (if it is basic)
str1 name of program, puts the line into str1 when done
eg:
if the beginnig of a prgm looks like this:
:DOS111A566B4D88FD3C
:Disp "Welcome!"
:Pause

then the program would return "DOS111A566B4D88FD3C"

executer:
runs the program in Str1
Str1 name of program, can be hidden
support for ion,nostub,and basic (maybe mirage in the future)
if the program is archived, "copies" the program out of archive, runs, preforms writeback if needed, deletes copy

hider:
hides/unhides programs, works with program above (executer)
x=0 unhide
x=1 hide
Str1 name of program to hide

all i can think of right now, if you or anyone else can help, let me know, and email the final programs to me (darth_android@unitedti.org). please include the source (with plenty of comments) to help me learn more asm
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 08:30:39 pm    Post subject:

OK I'm starting work on these programs right away. I will finish them as soon as possible. Because of school and my own project I will have to balance them all.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 11:04:04 pm    Post subject:

ok, thx man. you are in the credits. anything in particular you want your line to say? (if you cant keep it under 23 chars, thats fine)

also, put school in front of this on your list of things to do. school is more important.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Nov 2003 11:07:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Nov 2003 09:18:00 am    Post subject:

also, JWales, i hope you are still apart of the DragonOS team when i decide to port DragonOS to pure Asm. Laughing
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement