This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Nov 2006 01:10:37 am    Post subject:

I have an idea for future contests.

In the furture, we are planning on having an assortment of prizes. I.e. memory stick, calculator, printer, nice keyboard... something like that.

We will show the prizes before the contest is created. At which point, we will ask a contest coordinator to step forward. That person will with our authority create and administer a contest. That person will write the requirements, answer questions, accept people who apply to take part in it, and judge the entries.

The coordinator will give forward the name of the winner of the contest at which point, United-TI will ship the prize of the winner's choice. The coordinator/judge will only see the numbers of the entries submitted not the addresses or other personal information, which do not have to be submitted unless they win and wish to recieve the prize.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Nov 2006 01:49:55 am    Post subject:

This sounds like an enjoyable venture for members who wish to get involved in managing.

Should it happen once every two months, and have its own subforum?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Nov 2006 05:17:16 pm    Post subject:

In the future I was going to have the winner choose from the assortment, and have the prize shipped directly to them from the vendor we buy it from. This way we only have to pay for shipping once, and we don't have to buy extra prizes that may or may not get used.

--AlienCC
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Nov 2006 05:42:03 am    Post subject:

Agreed.

Next question is what do you think about having a regular forum member create and run a contest? A contest in which United-TI backs with a prize?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Nov 2006 03:28:09 am    Post subject:

Some contests I have no problem with that, others I do.

--AlienCC
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 Nov 2006 09:08:57 am    Post subject:

I might be able to pick up a $4 1GB flash drive today for a prize. Wink
(fingers crossed)

EDIT: Nope.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Nov 2006 10:04:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 07:14:22 pm    Post subject:

Alright, that makes sense. Anyway, my question has been answered.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement