This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
Jeffrey

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 05:42:34 pm    Post subject:

I am making a program that will block different menu's from access, such as the mem menu and the link menu (to prevent the overwriting of the Mirage password file). I have the keyhook and blocking part done, but I need a password screen so that when someone does go to these menus it will display a password screen.

Problem lies therein: how do I take a custom password from a user and store it in memory, then later compare it to input from the user? My choice APPVAR, but cant find any tutorials.

Also, I only know direct input with _getkey and stuff, so is there another input routine that I could use??? PLEASE GIVE EXAMPLES!!!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 06:22:31 pm    Post subject:

i dont know much asm, but since appvars and prgms have the same format, store the pw to a prgm with invalid characters (so it wont show up in the prgm menu) and then convert it.

my $0.02 Very Happy
Jeffrey

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 08:05:24 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, but I dont know how to recall the info from the appvar to make it useful, any thoughts?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 09:36:33 pm    Post subject:

if you can read from a prog, just convert it back to a prog...
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 09:40:04 pm    Post subject:

or, just skip the convert, and just read an av the same as a prog! just a different starting token...
Tyraniek

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 12:12:41 am    Post subject:

Store it IN the program with SMC (Self Modifying Code).
I think it's in day 24 in "learning asm in 28 days".
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement