This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Oct 2006 08:15:07 pm    Post subject:

Well, some of you may have noticed my decreased activity of late,

anyway, I'm rapidly running out of free time. I'm taking a college class, working on my Eagle project, working starting a global challenge team, cramming 2 years of calculus into 1, being more social irl than ever, working on several large programming projects, and still trying to keep my grades up enough to get into a college like MIT or Olin. In short I no longer have the time to be an active member of the TI Community. This saddens me greatly, because you guys have been a huge part of my life of the last year and a half. Some of you I knew better than others, but I counted (almost) all of you as friends and I hope to stay in touch via IM with some of you, and Im sure Ill meet some of you at some point, since Ill be going off to college in 2 years.

I promise Ill get around to finish Strategic Conquest before I disappear completely.

Anyway, personal thank you's/goodbyes etc follow in no particular order, if I forget anyone, please dont be offended, just say something and I'll edit you in.
If I have any arguments left unsettled, I forgive you, please do the same for me.

xlibman: thank you for being there whenever I felt depressed, and for inspiring me to push Basic to its limits.

Kerm: thank you for being a friend, helping out whenever I needed help with something, and again for inspiring me to push Basic to its limits

Weregoose and Darkerline: for teaching me so much about programming, math, and for being the good people you are.

AlienCC: thank you for being a friend, I always enjoyed our late night philosophical discussions, jokes, and camaraderie. You're a great guy, keep it up.

Swivelgames: thanks for being me internet-brother. I could always count on you for support, friendship, and having a good time.

Arcane Wizard: we rarely agreed on anything, but I really enjoyed our debates.

Digitan, Jbirk, and the rest of UTI: thanks for keeping the community on its feet, UTI was like a second home to me.

To all of Cemetech: you guys are great, Ill still hang around on skype on occasion, and visit you guys on blockland.

Raster: for being the first one to support SFGP.

To the guys at Revsoft: thanks for encouraging my first forays in Asm.

Omnimaga: probably the friendliest and most supportive online community Ive ever been a part of, keep it up, and keep churning out those games.

To everyone else: for teaching me, learning from me, supporting me, and generally being great people.
chipmaster

Posted: 09 Oct 2006 09:26:12 pm    Post subject:

It's sad to see you go, man. I'll miss you.

I hope you still stop in now and then to catch up. It'd be sad to loose all contact with you. I for one, haven't been around as much lately either. I've been very busy working on college applications, working a full time job, and keeping up my grades with a demanding course load, but I still drop in when I can because this community means more to me than programming. I've met some very nice people here, and I have no intention of leaving at least until I finish college. I know that your situation is probably harder, and you have less time, but I really hope this isn't the last time I see you.

Whatever path you choose, I wish you the best: have a great and fulfilled life. Smile
Cure

Posted: 09 Oct 2006 10:15:29 pm    Post subject:

It's sad to see you go elfprince. You contributed so much to the TI community.

Hopefully I'll see you at MIT in 4 years, eh?

Good luck with your life, and if it fits your scheldule, come stop by once in a while.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 12:37:30 am    Post subject:

Best of luck with your future endeavors.

--AlienCC
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 01:15:36 am    Post subject:

Wow; Since you first joined, you've been proving yourself to be an excellent contributor and a helpful, enthusiastic person in this community. Stay spiritual, and don't lose sight of the important things in life. ;)

–Goose
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 01:43:48 am    Post subject:

Cya, good luck.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 05:28:12 am    Post subject:

Good luck in your life
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 09:26:03 am    Post subject:

I won't bother duplicating my long Cemetech post, but fairwell and bon voyage. It was a pleasure to have known you.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 10:37:42 am    Post subject:

chipmaster wrote:
It's sad to see you go, man. I'll miss you.

I hope you still stop in now and then to catch up. It'd be sad to loose all contact with you. I for one, haven't been around as much lately either. I've been very busy working on college applications, working a full time job, and keeping up my grades with a demanding course load, but I still drop in when I can because this community means more to me than programming. I've met some very nice people here, and I have no intention of leaving at least until I finish college. I know that your situation is probably harder, and you have less time, but I really hope this isn't the last time I see you.

Whatever path you choose, I wish you the best: have a great and fulfilled life.  Smile

thanks, I really love this community too, and I hate to leave, but I just dont have the time anymore. anyway, Ill probably still visit you guys on IRC, so hopefully you'll still see me.

Cure777 wrote:
It's sad to see you go elfprince. You contributed so much to the TI community.

Hopefully I'll see you at MIT in 4 years, eh?

2 for me ;)

AlienCC wrote:
Best of luck with your future endeavors.

--AlienCC

thank you. make sure you get a new humor and jokes moderator before too long.

Weregoose wrote:
Wow; Since you first joined, you've been proving yourself to be an excellent contributor and a helpful, enthusiastic person in this community. Stay spiritual, and don't lose sight of the important things in life. ;)

–Goose

thank you, it was great knowing, and learning from you, I won't lose sight of the important stuff.

Arcane Wizard wrote:
Cya, good luck.

keep up honing your debate skillz, and good luck.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 03:41:13 pm    Post subject:

Later. Good luck wherever your path takes you.

-=SilverCalcKnight|_=-
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 04:31:27 pm    Post subject:

Goodbye, you'll be welcome here whenever you choose to come back. And yeah, I'm sure all of us know how hard it is to manage both United-TI and personal lives.
Kuro

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 05:38:52 pm    Post subject:

So long, and thanks for all the fish. I mean, programs, discussions, etc. Smile Perhaps I will see you at MIT in the future.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 07:25:20 pm    Post subject:

So long - have fun whatever you choose to do! You certainly sound occupied with plenty of worthwhile activities.

Anyone want to start taking side bets as to how long it will last? Nobody seems to be able to stay away? Laughing
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 08:49:54 pm    Post subject:

I enjoyed having you around, you made some wonderful contributions to the community. Have fun with your life and stay devoted to God.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 10:46:37 am    Post subject:

(as Darth Vader) "Noooooooooo!"

Well, I guess you have to do what you have to do. Feel free to come back and visit us sometimes.
axcho

Posted: 15 Oct 2006 12:10:07 am    Post subject:

Sorry. Sad You may notice the same thing kind of happening with me... I don't intend to disappear completely though.

Good luck.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Oct 2006 02:27:15 am    Post subject:

See you around, elfprince Smile
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Oct 2006 02:56:27 am    Post subject:

I completely understand the importance of higher education, and encourage everyone here to pursue that option when the time comes, given the opportunity.

--AlienCC
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 16 Oct 2006 10:11:22 pm    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
working on my Eagle project
[post="89658"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Great for you! I have completed the rank of Eagle myself. If I have one recomendation for you it would be to do the write-up for the project imediately after you do the project. I skimed through what you wrote and this just stuck out to me.
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Oct 2006 01:12:32 am    Post subject:

Best of luck to you in your endeavors. Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement