This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
TheJester

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 12:52:46 pm    Post subject:

I was considering this, I have a SE, with the clear case. I also have a Iwata airbrush and was considering a light coat of orange paint from the inside to make a translucent orange. I was just wondering if anyone else has painted theres, and has any pictures or anything..
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 10:05:32 pm    Post subject:

my ti-83+ has the "NOS->" symbol on it

Wacko Wacko Wacko
flash sometimes thinks everything is nos injected
Wacko Wacko Wacko
TheJester

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 12:00:12 pm    Post subject:

you have just a sticker? or you painted it? I forgot, Hi, I'm new, and I don't know much, i just came here to learn some stuff.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 06:57:23 pm    Post subject:

if you want to learn some stuff about graphing calculators, you came to the right place!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 06:40:54 am    Post subject:

Flash wrote:
my ti-83+ has the "NOS->" symbol on it

Is that funny or something? What does NOS stand for?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 12:58:21 pm    Post subject:

i dont know.
"not a sucker" maybe?
Ben Trettel

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 02:05:07 pm    Post subject:

I think NOS is something that people put in their cars that is illegal. I think it makes your car more powerful by making it have more combustion.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 06:24:27 pm    Post subject:

then lets all give our calcs a combustion engine and some NOS!!! </Just Joking>

ive heard of chemical that do that...
NextPerception

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 05:22:48 pm    Post subject:

lets use nos to make illegal calculators with no waranty!!! Laughing
Drubu

Posted: 18 Sep 2003 08:09:19 pm    Post subject:

NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide. Its not illegal at all. They sell it in car shops all around. The only thing its basically used for is illegal street racing. Yet street racing is illegal, it does not make NOS illegal itself in any way. NOS is a gas that is used to increase your speed/acceleration. When it is burned in your engine, it gives your car an outstanding boost depending on how much you use. Usually there is a knob or whatnot used to control the amount used.

As for your one comment about putting it in calcs... that would probably make calcs work so fast that it would overheat and break your calc. If it was possible at all you would have to make a lot of modifications for it to work correctly I would suppose?
NextPerception

Posted: 19 Sep 2003 08:18:09 pm    Post subject:

my calculator has blue stripes in the indents where the cover slides on and a circular wave symbol thing i made up on the indside of the cover. I also sandpapered my cover to give it some texture(actually I was just really bored)
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 19 Sep 2003 08:37:35 pm    Post subject:

wow... lots of posts about my "NOS" stickers... for all of you that actually care:
Yes it is a sticker, and i got two of em
and i put them there because a friend of mine bought some (for no other reason but to stick them to things) i put two on my 83+. ever since then people who see my 83+ seem to ask me weird questions from "is that possible?" to "what you got runnin that thing?" (yes they were serious) most of the time i have them come to the concluesion that i got a modified nos injecte calculator. is there anything wrong with that? is it wrong playing mind tricks on people who clearly have no idea what a calculator is? i think not
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement