This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
Moolar

Posted: 07 Sep 2006 10:30:34 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully someone can help me! I have a TI-89 and for some reason when I calculate any type of equation with an x variable, the answer comes out wrong. For instance y2+3y2=4y2 (the 2's are exponents), but when I type in x2+3x2, I get an answer of 16. Keep in mind that the period after the 16 is significant, because it comes up in every solved equation. I find myself using z and t for variables instead of x and y because my calculator does not compute the equations correctly whenever x is involved. Please let me know if this is fixable and how to do it, I tried setting my calculator back to default settings but it didn't help. Thank you!!
bukwirm

Posted: 07 Sep 2006 10:40:31 pm    Post subject:

You have a number stored in the variable x. Clear the alphabetic variables (the F6 menu from the homescreen, or just delete x from the vars menu) ant it should work properly.
Moolar

Posted: 08 Sep 2006 12:14:07 am    Post subject:

Thank you so very much!! Ever since I have been getting into 4 var. equations I thought I was screwed. Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement