This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
The Dragon Master

Posted: 17 Aug 2006 11:55:18 am    Post subject:

I was wondering if any of you here program for the Nintendo DS or any other handheld gamming system. I recently started making programs for the Nintendo DS (in asm, too Wink). It's pretty cool. But I was thinking, people in the DS Homebrew community, don't know how to sign programs yet... They all (We all) use a "Passthrough" method. How much effort does it really take to figure out how to forge digital signitures on programs? The TI comunity has Wappsigner.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Aug 2006 04:13:48 pm    Post subject:

TI released their app signing program, and from that Jim e was able to make wabbitsign, iirc. Not sure though, I just know that the app signer was released to the public so people didn't have to go through them to sign apps.

I'd like to give GBA dev a shot, but I don't know where to start, and a lot of the tutorials and tools/applications I found look like they might be unsecure adn virus-prone. just my opinion though. If someone sent me some tools that are NOT illegal, perhaps I'll look into it.
Cure

Posted: 17 Aug 2006 06:33:53 pm    Post subject:

I have a DS. Is it possible to download an homebrew programs VIA the download option on the DS?
threefingeredguy

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 10:20:35 am    Post subject:

The Dragon Master wrote:
I was wondering if any of you here program for the Nintendo DS or any other handheld gamming system. I recently started making programs for the Nintendo DS (in asm, too Wink). It's pretty cool. But I was thinking, people in the DS Homebrew community, don't know how to sign programs yet... They all (We all) use a "Passthrough" method. How much effort does it really take to figure out how to forge digital signitures on programs? The TI comunity has Wappsigner.

If it existed, you'd hear about it on DS forums, not here.
Liazon wrote:
TI released their app signing program, and from that Jim e was able to make wabbitsign, iirc. Not sure though, I just know that the app signer was released to the public so people didn't have to go through them to sign apps.

I'd like to give GBA dev a shot, but I don't know where to start, and a lot of the tutorials and tools/applications I found look like they might be unsecure adn virus-prone. just my opinion though. If someone sent me some tools that are NOT illegal, perhaps I'll look into it.

AFAIK, there are no tools that AREN'T legal. Perhaps you are under the impression that emulators are illegal. This is not so.
Cure777 wrote:
I have a DS. Is it possible to download an homebrew programs VIA the download option on the DS?

Yes. Why not just look that up?
The Dragon Master

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 10:27:31 am    Post subject:

Cure777 wrote:
[post="86484"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, using wifime. But you have to have an old firmware version. Oh! If you want something that's ensurably not virus prone, use datel's "NoPass" method. (Wierdly enough people group it under passthrough methods.) I use datel's Media Launcher, and it has never failed me. It's great. I even got a compiler for the DS, so I can write small programs on-the-go.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement