This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 01:10:10 am    Post subject:

Over the past 3 years my time with United-TI has been interesting, the community has grown significantly, many incredible projects were released, and overall the community seems much more mature. Many members have left in the pursuit of other things, while many more, and newer members have come to join us in this our hobby, our past-time, and our community. The members of this community have helped me in more ways then I can mention, and I hope my influence has reached out to inspire at least one during my time here.

It is hard for me to do this, but the time has come for me to step out of the lime-light, and let our new staff members who were recently appointed to step up and show their valor, letting the United-TI dream become more of a reality then it was during my time. Contrary to popular belief over the last 3 years I have read almost every single post ever made on these forums, but my time of doing that has passed. I am leaving the forums mostly in the hands of all the other active staff members, as I trust they will do a better job then I did. My departure is for a worthy cause, after all these years I am finally pursing a college education, unlike many of you I will have to work fulltime to pay my way through, and living expenses as well which really cuts into any spare time I would normally have to be here.

With all of that being said I will retain my staff duties of server maintenance, and subdomain hosting. As well, continue working on the new UTI website which has yet to see the light of day, until it is time to roll that out. In addition as time permits I will continue working on all game ports that I have committed to for the Ti-85, and Ti-86. Otherwise you will only see me here at the forums on rare occasions in the future.

Thank you everyone who has supported me in the past, and continues to support my pursuit of an education, please give the new staff members the chance they deserve, farewell for now my friends.

--AlienCC

Last edited by Guest on 12 Aug 2006 01:12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 01:15:16 am    Post subject:

Thank you for everything you have done for us.

Please don't be a complete stranger. Just be like me in college and check in every week or couple weeks. Just a post here or there to let us know you are alive and well.

We would appreciate that.

I would also like to thank you for all that you have done for me personally as well. For instance, I learned almost everything I know about Linux/BSD from you. You have always steared me in the right direction in answering my questions.

Take for instance my most recent Linux question.. Thanks to you, I am browsing the web, using wireless networks, printing, working on office documents, playing music, playing videos, using memorysticks, getting photos off of my digital camera et cetera. And all on Linux.

You have among other things lessened my Microsoft Dependancies.

I would like to thank you for that and all of the other stuff you have done to help me.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 01:17:47 am    Post subject:

I'm not about to make this a "goodbye forever" message, because I don't believe that would be appropriate here. Nevertheless, I would like to recognize the subtle yet important fact that United-TI just wouldn't be the same today if it wasn't for AlienCC. For those of you who happen to know a fair amount of what he has done here—which shouldn't be too hard to find out considering it's probably more than the rest of us—then please share with him your utmost appreciation and wish all the best for him, for he deserves it greatly.

AlienCC, thanks for bringing life and leadership to this community!

–Goose
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 12 Aug 2006 01:47:07 am    Post subject:

I hope you have a good life, and we will see you when you make your return^^ *hugs*
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 11:50:22 am    Post subject:

yay Omnimaga spambots finally found UTI...
http://omnimaga.dyndns.org/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8303531

welcome to ban land phsum07 (and post delettion) (FYI right between tok post and mine there was another nice spambot post)

sad to see you go alienCC Sad

Last edited by Guest on 13 Aug 2006 02:35:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
rivereye

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 12:34:10 pm    Post subject:

don't know much on you, but it is always sad to see a person leave.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 06:43:40 pm    Post subject:

AlienCC, you have been just like a brother to me. You've cheered me up when I was down. You explained the meaning of the universe to me when I was too blind to see beyond my own nose. You guided me into *nix, and I've been happier ever since. It has been my honor to be your friend.

Good luck in college, and best of wishes. Maybe I'll see you around. ;)

-Tianon
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 07:33:59 pm    Post subject:

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in all your endevours AlienCC. You're a very influential person around UnitedTI and the community and your presence will definately be missed. Its sad to see you take a step back, but it is something that most of us will do eventually.

Please be sure to check back when you can, and thanks again for everything Smile.
Cure

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 08:01:28 pm    Post subject:

Farewell AlienCC. From what I've seen in my short time here, you have been a great asset to this community. I wish you luck with your education. Be sure to check in from time to time!
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 08:34:49 pm    Post subject:

Im sad to see you stepping back from the community. You've been the primary administrator of UTI during my more-than-a-year here. you did an excellent job, and Im proud to be able to count you among my friends. I hope we are able to continue our late night discussions on MSN despite your increasingly busy schedule. fairwell (for a while at least), and I will pray for your success in college and in the rest of your life.
elfprince.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Aug 2006 04:59:00 am    Post subject:

It's sad to see you leave for a while, but it looks like you'll be coming back for check-ups Smile

Hurry back, ACC... you'll be missed.
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2006 12:43:07 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for all your efforts with United TI over the years, AlienCC.
Remember the doors is always open here, if you wanna... Smile
Good luck with you future plans! :biggrin: I'm sure you made the right decision, even though it's sad to say goodbye.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2006 12:43:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Aug 2006 12:35:48 am    Post subject:

AlienCC, I can't even begin to imagine what UTI would be like had you not been Glen's host those years ago when redelf existed. I'm UTI would have existed, a host would have been found, but it wouldn't be UTI. Usually a host is paid to keep a server or website up and running; You're the first host that I've seen who originally had nothing to do with the site become not just a person who resets the server should it go down, but a person who's an active part of the ever-changing community that exists here. UTI will be different after you leave, no matter how much the other staff and I assume the work you previously completed. You have a style of posting that no one here can emulate and I know I will miss it.

I owe a lot of knowledge to you; 99% of everything I've learned about security, I've learned from you. I've had people say your security practices are paranoid; I say you're just trying to make up for the people like me who run Windows without firewalls or antivirus. You seem to radiate information like the sun. Sometimes it's relative to the current topic. Other times, it's a random tidbit of information that while irrevelent to the current topic, is nonetheless profound.

It's good to know you'll stop by from time to time to make sure we haven't wrecked the place. I hope you'll still maintain the hours you have been on IRC as I always enjoy our conversations where you share your seemingly limitless advice and knowledge with the people arguing in channels or simply idleing in the channel. Please keep me up to date with how things are going for you.
Cure

Posted: 17 Aug 2006 02:15:23 pm    Post subject:

:EDIT:

Nevermind, thanks for deleteing the post Goose.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Aug 2006 02:15:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Aug 2006 02:16:49 pm    Post subject:

Someone used the report button; the post has already been removed.

Thanks for the gesture, though. :)

–Goose
shadowing