This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 08:05:38 am    Post subject:

ok, i know that pxlchk has its 0,0 in the top left corner and the point on has its in the bottom left, is there a little boolean magic to turn this around? i wanna pixl check a dot and if it is 1 then return the coord so it is in the proper context for the pt-on command
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 08:20:01 am    Post subject:

i figured it out once... i dunno how i did it though Neutral sorry! i know i either added or subtracted 47 from 1 number, and 31 with the other... just mess with it and it may work.... what zoom? that also effects it....

Note: my suggestions will only work with the Integer zoom...

Last edited by Guest on 10 Sep 2003 08:20:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 10:00:20 am    Post subject:

If Pxl-Test(Y,X)
Pt-On(X+Xmin,Ymax-Y)

Example:
1->Xmin
1->Ymin
95->Xmax
63->Ymax

If Pxl-Test(Y,X
Pt-On(X+1,63-Y //You can replace 1 with Xmin and 63 with Ymax if you'd want to

You can optimize it of course, for example:

0->Xmin
0->Ymin
94->Xmax
62->Ymax

If Pxl-Test(Y,X
Pt-On(X,62-Y

Of course this only works with an x range of 95 and y range of 63. So if you're using a different windows setting, please say so and I (or somebody else) will think of something that works with your window setting.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Sep 2003 10:10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 11:47:54 pm    Post subject:

or just use the Pxl-On( insted of the Pt-On(.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Sep 2003 02:47:50 pm    Post subject:

after i posted i though of what darth is saying, and it worked! Thx for the suggestions, ill put it iall in a .TXT for future reference (so i dont repeat the post Laughing )
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Sep 2003 03:18:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad that Darth made mention of the fact that it is better to use pxl-on rather than point on when you want to test a pixel. The benifit is just that, the coordinates are the same and don't require extra code that takes up space and speed.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement