This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Nov 2004 07:58:33 pm    Post subject:

Let's just say I know good work when I see it. It's cool to see these high-end games hit it big. (Plus it's the first TI-82 game in months). I showed my non-calc friends the game and they couldn't beleive it.
b__

Posted: 30 Nov 2004 09:17:18 pm    Post subject:

I just played this and was really impressed. It was probably the best calc game ive played (with maybe the exception of mario). One thing that you could add though would be so that it says when you get a highscore and maybe lets you put in your initials, because i usually don't remember what the highscore was before or who got it.
CoBB

Posted: 01 Dec 2004 12:00:48 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I do not value this program at all. It could have been done much better... The general reaction towards it only proves how much people underestimate the capabilities of the calculator most of the time. I find that strange, since Gemini has been out for quite a time now, and it really squeezed out everything of the CPU, which Acelgoyobis did not. Nevertheless, while on this project, I always kept 'pleasant game experience' the topmost priority. I always asked the testers about their feelings and gameplay improvement ideas besides mere bug checking.

As for entering your name, I was contemplating it, but I dropped the idea, because it would make the executable much bigger without adding too much to the game (anyone who programmed a text input routine with custom font in assembly knows that). I left out other little features, because I wanted to release it at last and knew that I wouldn't have free time for a long time. The main replay value lies in the table editor in my opinion. Well, it needs some brains to handle, but it gives you a high degree of freedom, if I may say that.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Dec 2004 03:15:33 pm    Post subject:

CoBB wrote:
As for entering your name, I was contemplating it, but I dropped the idea, because it would make the executable much bigger without adding too much to the game (anyone who programmed a text input routine with custom font in assembly knows that).

True, initial highscores aren't that nice as they sound. I generally even find them annoying. Ztris has them, and i never have filled in anything else than LEOFOX or empty Neutral .
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Dec 2004 11:43:21 pm    Post subject:

Laughing Heh heh. CoBB, you modest son-of-a-gun!

Well, I guess what you say is true. Very few games that come to mind actually...I mean really push the TI hardware (except memory, which is no task). The only exceptions that come to mind are Defiance (3D) and Daedalus (3D) and a few others that involve sprite scaling and rotation and that sort of stuff. And there's two good reasons for that. It's hard and it takes forever!

It's a really big deal. Most people wouldn't come up with this stuff off alone even if they were getting paid! I mean, think about it; the early Gameboy games were made from teams of what? 10? 20? 30 people? (See where I'm going with this?)

Well, I'm guess I'm excited about it mainly because TI-82 gaming has been very stagnant the past few years, except for Dwedit's and Deus Makina's work. It's really cool to see 'business' picking up again. Cool
CoBB

Posted: 03 Dec 2004 05:13:24 am    Post subject:

If that makes you feel better, every calc project I intend to do in the future will involve the 82 as well. Smile Thank the unification project.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Dec 2004 05:21:54 pm    Post subject:

Can you send me the link to that page? I need it bad.

Er, one more question. How did you get Acelgoybis to appear in the 82 and 83+ directories at ticalc?
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Dec 2004 08:48:41 pm    Post subject:

http://etrange.paxl.org/?path=ti83/unification.html

Not much updating lately.

Sinclair computers? wtf? Speccies suck.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Dec 2004 08:53:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
CoBB

Posted: 04 Dec 2004 02:33:30 am    Post subject:

Upload comment: 'please link this file from the relevant directories as well; details in the readme'. Something like that. As for Death Rally I requested the links via e-mail long after the actual upload, so it can be done at any time.

Unfortunately linked files don't participate in the 'become top downloaded file in the directory' game, so I can't rule the SNG dir. Smile The real file is in the 83+ ION directory, and there are five links to it (for each of the 3 82 and 2 83 executables).
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 10:47:56 am    Post subject:

This has been pinned long enough.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 04:42:45 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
This has been pinned long enough.
[post="106275"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Does that mean youre going to delete this thread? I think it's one of the most important in this site, like Contra's Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jun 2007 04:43:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 04:57:31 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
Does that mean youre going to delete this thread?
Delete? No. Unpin? Yes.

[EDIT]

But not yet, it seems.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jun 2007 04:59:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 08:42:11 pm    Post subject:

No I'm not deleting it, just unpinning it. (When I remember to hit the [go] button, that is)
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 10:15:32 pm    Post subject:

bTW has there been any recent updates to this program because this looks cool but I couldn't tell what has all theri from reading the thread.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jun 2007 10:47:12 pm    Post subject:

TheStorm wrote:
bTW has there been any recent updates to this program because this looks cool but I couldn't tell what has all theri from reading the thread.
Released late 2004; news article here.

All this and more could easily have been found by typing "acelgoyobis" into Google.

As a side note, clean up your keyboardmanship a bit. It's a bit hard to read.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jun 2007 10:47:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 03:53:50 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
As a side note, clean up your keyboardmanship a bit. It's a bit hard to read.
[post="106351"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Is "keyboardmanship" a word? According to dictionary.com, its not. Razz
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 04:10:43 pm    Post subject:

It conveys meaning well enough, and is understood by anyone who reads it.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jun 2007 04:11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 05:48:32 pm    Post subject:

By me, for example.

So this is the thread of the famous Acelgoyobis...
I never really bother with threads with posts from 2004.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 07:40:16 pm    Post subject:

wow this is a cool game, to bad the levels have to be unarchived though.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 03 Jun 2007 08:59:39 pm    Post subject:

That's one of the things that brought down the game's popularity.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement