This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2008 01:31:47 am    Post subject:

Heh heh. Trust me, the craziest features are still on the way.

Since the game passed the halfway mark this week, I made the official announcement today on Maxcoderz. Be sure to check out that thread because it mentions some story elements, and the all-new level!
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2008 09:10:57 pm    Post subject:

that looks great! its hardly fare for MC to get the first dib on good news though!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2008 10:25:04 pm    Post subject:

It's cool because a lot of the 1st graphical ideas came from the Maxcoderz legends like Desolate and The Verdante Forest. For the rest of the project, I think UTI will probably receive the polls and progress reports, while Maxcoders receives the character bios and strategies.

Now in Progress: JET Fortress Stage

As hinted previously in 2007, the 4th setting is dominated by metal-themed enemies. JET Fortress is part firing range, part war factory, part hyper-computer.

Two basic kinds of metal enemies are being developed for this stage. Military types and scavanger types.

Last edited by Guest on 02 May 2008 10:32:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 May 2008 04:10:04 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
JET Fortress is part firing range, part war factory, part hyper-computer.
I wonder if you can work in an Easter egg location within JET Fortress – TI HQ. :biggrin:
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 May 2008 09:12:10 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
stage
[post="123156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Does it imply this RPG is stage/mission based, meaning you do each areas one by one, and when one is finished you immediately move to the other and cannot go back or something? Or is it just an expression in the game and you can still wander around areas and go back to previously explored areas, villages and such stuff?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 May 2008 08:26:15 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
DigiTan wrote:
JET Fortress is part firing range, part war factory, part hyper-computer.
I wonder if you can work in an Easter egg location within JET Fortress – TI HQ. :biggrin:
[post="123161"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

An excellent idea! I always thought it would be cool to have a giant "homescreen" at some point. Or a mini-game with ASCII art. Maybe even bigger Easter eggs for the flash version.

Quote:
Does it imply this RPG is stage/mission based, meaning you do each areas one by one, and when one is finished you immediately move to the other and cannot go back or something? Or is it just an expression in the game and you can still wander around areas and go back to previously explored areas, villages and such stuff?

Perhaps stage isn't the best description. They're more like regions. The game stops being linear after you reach Grand Grove, and at that point, you can jump to any region of your choosing. For the most part, there are no obstacles to prevent one from jumping in and out of regions as they please.

Last edited by Guest on 03 May 2008 08:26:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 04 May 2008 12:08:54 am    Post subject:

Don't forget about that super-intelligent AI! After all, every single super-cyber fortress-like structure has a super-intelligent AI that you must confront, from Deus Ex, to System Shock 2, to Portal. Wink
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 May 2008 10:28:43 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps stage isn't the best description. They're more like regions. The game stops being linear after you reach Grand Grove, and at that point, you can jump to any region of your choosing. For the most part, there are no obstacles to prevent one from jumping in and out of regions as they please.
[post="123178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So more like dungeons in Zelda games?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 May 2008 12:01:35 am    Post subject:

A little. For the most part, you can travel anyplace, anytime. But there are some event that--when triggered--you have to complete in order to backtrack.

Also, since enemies are free-roaming, there are random "lock-in" battles where you have to defeat the opponent within a fixed space. That's sort of what keeps the player from simple avoiding all the enemies. They really do the same thing in Subspace Emissary on Smash Bros.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 May 2008 12:14:06 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Also, since enemies are free-roaming, there are random "lock-in" battles where you have to defeat the opponent within a fixed space.  That's sort of what keeps the player from simple avoiding all the enemies.  They really do the same thing in Subspace Emissary on Smash Bros.
[post="123236"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

but that should only happen once right? Then after you clear that "lock-in" battle, it should be cleared for good?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 May 2008 09:28:42 pm    Post subject:

It's sort of a periodic feature. Every few dozen battles, the screen will stop scrolling and you'll see a countdown flash across the screen. You have 4 seconds to prepare for battle before a pack of enemies spawns in the area. When you beat them all, everything goes back to normal. Cool
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 07 May 2008 02:29:45 am    Post subject:

4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ........ It's on like Donkey Kong!

I like it Smile.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 May 2008 08:17:52 pm    Post subject:

Yep! When it triggers, you'll see the 3...2...1... across the screen. That feature's gone mostly by the wayside since early 2007, but it's already been added to the game. There's even a short one shown near the end of the Oceanside video.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 07:05:25 pm    Post subject:

New Progress: Community Photos

First update in almost a month here. Basically, I've been filling in the time with a photography experiment for the game. Since the game now includes grayscale postcards as part of the story, I've set out to find which lighting conditions produce the best on-calc images.

Getting pictures from the digital camera to the calc is basically a matter of scaling it down to 96x64 in Gimp, importing it to Graphics Studio and exporting it in the ".db" assembly data format. Even after quite a few adjustments, some photos simply turn out better than others, which is what I've been testing this month. These test pictures were photographed locally or found on the web...

How does this help the game? Well, last month's news revealed the 6 in-game postcards are worth cash in story mode. But you can also upload additional photos as external TI files and sell them in the game for new rewards.

In the upcoming week, I'll post a general list of photography tips so UTI members can contribute photos to the project. All participants will receive credit in the game manual/website. And the clearest pictures will go into a photo album mod that will unlock cash and secret rewards in the RPG! :biggrin: So to those out and about this summer, be on the lookout for photo opportunities because they just might make it into the game!
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 07:17:27 pm    Post subject:

Haha, I liked the "Famous Objects" bit. Very Happy
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 09:42:45 pm    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:
Haha, I liked the "Famous Objects" bit. Very Happy
[post="124548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And me. Very Happy
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 11:07:36 pm    Post subject:

Yep. Favorite calculators are a welcome addition to the photo album (especially when they involve custom bling).

Also in the progress department, the code was converted last month for compatibility with the Spasm assembler provided by Spencer at Revsoft.org. With all the incompatibilities gone (mostly case sensitivity issues) the game is one step closer to being a full-fledged 83+/84+ App.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jun 2008 11:20:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 12:03:15 pm    Post subject:

Great to hear about the progress, what major things are still left to be done?
El Jaque

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 04:27:24 pm    Post subject:

nothing to say besides keep up the great work, its really amazing, you have pit a lot of thought into this!!!
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 04:39:51 pm    Post subject:

considering the high resolutions and color in the originals, those are pretty nice conversions. the "famous objects" being obviously the best lol
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 21 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement