This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
chooch

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 11:57:25 am    Post subject:

...I have a question.

If I store a value for a variable using STO, is there a way to unstore that value (e.g., if 4 is stored as the value for x, is there a way to go back and have x = x)?

The only way I've found do do this is to delete all memory, which is a totally absurd.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 12:04:35 pm    Post subject:

First, yes, this is a TI forum. Welcome to it. It's called United-TI. ;)

To remove the value stored to a variable, use [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]DelVar
(in the PRGM CTL menu). Although, TI-Basic works a little differently. After it's deleted, displaying the variable or using it in a calculation will automatically recreate it and store [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]0 to it. I think you're talking about TI-Basic, anyway. If you are, and once this thread is moved to the TI-Basic subforum, I'll change the title to something more... well, catchy, at least; and then we'll use the description field for something descriptive. In the meantime, do you have any more questions? :)

–Goose

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2006 12:09:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 12:38:41 pm    Post subject:

(could be moved to the TiBasic subforum)
chooch

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 02:32:33 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, that totally answered my question... I'm obviously not knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff, which explains my confusion when I first visited the forum.

I don't have any other question right now, but, as I use my 89 more, I'll probably generate more...

Thanks again.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2006 02:33:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 03:28:48 pm    Post subject:

Okay. The language for the TI-89 is different from the z80 models, as I did assume that you had one. If you don't already own a copy of the TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator Guidebook, then I suggest paying even up to five dollars for that—it's well worth it if you want to get to know the inner workings of your calculator better. This thread might also be useful (I threw in the forum rules as an added bonus). All in all, we hope to hear some more of your questions if you become stuck, but feel free to help others where they might be stuck if you feel up to it! :biggrin:

(Could someone give it another shot with moving this thread in the right place? Arr.)

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2006 03:31:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 06:15:45 pm    Post subject:

If your a little low on budget, you can even find it online (pdf version) on education.ti.com
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 08:11:41 pm    Post subject:

Fallen Ghost wrote:
If your a little low on budget, you can even find it online (pdf version) on education.ti.com
Or in bullet number five from the link I posted. Wink
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 08:27:00 pm    Post subject:

Shhhtt! (lol)

number 5??
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Jul 2006 07:00:34 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
First, yes, this is a TI forum. Welcome to it. It's called United-TI. ;)

To remove the value stored to a variable, use [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]DelVar (in the PRGM CTL menu). Although, TI-Basic works a little differently. After it's deleted, displaying the variable or using it in a calculation will automatically recreate it and store [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]0 to it. I think you're talking about TI-Basic, anyway. If you are, and once this thread is moved to the TI-Basic subforum, I'll change the title to something more... well, catchy, at least; and then we'll use the description field for something descriptive. In the meantime, do you have any more questions? :)

–Goose
[post="84464"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
That's on the 83+. The TI-89, which I think is the model chooch is using, doesn't automatically assign 0 to variables. However, DelVar still works. Or you can select Clear a..z from the default toolbar.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement