This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 08:53:19 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather have speed than (fairly useless) numbers.

However, having an asterisk by Pokemon you've caught would be nice (but also slower)
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 10:27:28 pm    Post subject:

Well, keeping track of the numbers would be easy, as it would only have to keep track of 2 variables as it moves around...

I am still not sure how I want it to show whether you have captured it or not... maybe if you have, it allows you to see its sprite, otherwise, it doesn't? Something else to think about...
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 11:40:20 pm    Post subject:

Just use (-) or * after the name. It should be simple to integrate with the spaces at the end.

"_____
If captured
"(-)_____
Text(1,2,name+Ans
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 06:37:29 pm    Post subject:

Bummer its so hard to use greyscale, make all the pokes u havent caughten grey.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 10:25:38 pm    Post subject:

Greyscale is impossible with the limitations that I have set on myself, which means that this game is in almost pure basic... I am thinking out all my options before choosing one. If nothing else, I will make some screenshots, and post them, and let you all decide Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 28 Jan 2007 10:40:36 am    Post subject:

I know it isn't much, but I have the borders done on the pokedex, and am currently working on pokemon selection.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Feb 2007 02:15:35 pm    Post subject:

I have gotten the pokedex system up and running, here is a download for you all:

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/pokedexbasic.zip
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Feb 2007 04:06:30 pm    Post subject:

I was looking at the source code and noticed that you could save a ton of memory if you left the ->Str4 off at the end of the hex codes and put a Ans->Str4 at the end of the sub-program
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 01 Feb 2007 04:21:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if this has only happened to me, but the sprites are drawn in the logo area of the pokedex, instead of the area of where they should be drawn :confused:
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Feb 2007 08:38:13 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I screwed up, download the newest version at the same link:

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/pokedexbasic.gif

I forgot to add two variables that were important...
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 02 Mar 2007 08:44:10 am    Post subject:

I spent some time yesterday, going through the programs for Pokemon, and writing down on paper how each program called to eachother, and what the values were for the while loops in each program.

With this information now on paper, I can finally integrate and test the Pokedex system into the rest of the game.

My next step is to work on the rest of the pokemon data; the equations, the lists, and the pokemon party menu.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 07:59:15 am    Post subject:

With the help of the BASIC God known as Weregoose, and Iambian for his Celtic program, I have a way to save the save data to programs, instead of eating up all that memory in lists. It will still take 30+ lists for the "live data", but there is nothing I can do about that.

Right now, I am in the process of rewriting the New/Continue/Save functions of the game.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 07:47:12 pm    Post subject:

Do you have the equations done for the battles and stats?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 08:36:15 pm    Post subject:

I have all the equations on paper, just not on the calc yet.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 07:37:42 am    Post subject:

Thanks to Iambian, because he is so awesome, he created a program to convert a list to a string almost instantly! This will drastically reduce the time needed to save a game.

Also...
Save system is going together fairly smoothly. I have the first 8 lists saved into a program, which takes roughly 5k in the program. The lists were normally 13kb, but when sent to the program to be stored, they are only 600 bytes, give or take a couple bytes. Wink And this is if they all have 3 digit numbers stored in the list. The smaller the numbers, the less room it will take in the save programs, to be sure.

Once I get the program to save all the lists, and recall them, I will see about setting up an indicator bar of sorts, to show saving and loading progress. This way, the person doesn't think the calc has frozen on them or anything...
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 02:21:35 pm    Post subject:

I read about the list to string program. a usefull program, but to bad it doesn't work with negative or fractionel numbers.

from 13k to 5k is great. but isn't it easer to store it to a appvar, or are you running the program to load the data instead of reading it line by line.

it would have been great if you could do it in basic with lists, but if this is really better, than you should go with this. and using celtic does open some other possibility’s.

you are using 4 asm routines now, right. titlescreen, resource, celtic and list to string. any other planned?

good luck with this
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 03:54:10 pm    Post subject:

There are not really any other planned, an I am thinking about dropping the titlescreen program, and just sticking with the pic. Currently, it has the wrong address on it anyways.

The only other asm program that I *might* consider is one to allow linking with other players, and possibly linking with the flash version that is in development by a member of maxcoderz.

As to the Appvar, I thought about an appvar, but since I am unsure how to view the contents of said appvar to check to see if data is being moved correctly, I think I will forego that ide for now.

Here is my current to do list for the next beta release:

I need to make a dynamic scrolling map engine
I need to create the interiors of the first 3 towns
I need to create the map to the first cave, this is where the beta will end, for the time being
I need to set up a battle system
I need to create a party screen
I need to finish the items menu, and integrate it so the party screen can use it
I need to finalize the pokedex program
I need to make it so you can encounter wild pokemon
I need to install the equations, and make them usable via the lists
I need to add in NPC Non trainers
I need to add in the sign data
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Mar 2007 08:51:37 pm    Post subject:

did you need help with this, or is this a public to do list?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 26 Mar 2007 12:25:40 am    Post subject:

This is what I am going to get done before the next release, and sadly, unless you live within 10 miles of Seymour, IN, I don't think you will be of much help. -.- A good part of that list I have barely thought out, so I am unsure what I will be doing to implement it. Just get to it when I can, I guess...

Update:

I have found and killed a bug that was causing problems in the text display, when it was sped up.

Also, the status bar has been created for the save system, though I sort of forgot to program in the save detection, so, that is what I will be doing tomorrow, to add that in and see what happens. :)

Edit:

I programmed in the save data detection, I just have not tested it yet, which I will hopefully be able to do in a few hours.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Mar 2007 11:14:08 am; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Apr 2007 08:24:35 am    Post subject:

I have finally gotten the save system itself to work, but I need to work on getting the previous save detection system working. Shouldn't be too hard to make it work.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 13 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement