This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 05:24:42 pm    Post subject:

Could you just have two extra bytes for each sprite's x and y coordinates instead of the G's?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 05:52:46 pm    Post subject:

I dont really see how, since the sprites will be put at different spots in the screen... I guess I could see about putting G#. to depict how many rows to go down, that might save a lil more memory, but I dont know what that would do to the speed of the displayer...
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 10:25:16 pm    Post subject:

The numbers on the bottom are for debugging, and they will be gone later... Smile
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 10:57:34 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
I dont really see how, since the sprites will be put at different spots in the screen... I guess I could see about putting G#. to depict how many rows to go down, that might save a lil more memory, but I dont know what that would do to the speed of the displayer...  [post="87020"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Let's say your sprite is in a list like this. It's not, but follow along for a minute
GGGGGG
GG1234G
GG5678G
GGGGGG{ <- these are already removed.

And your code is something like this (obviously not like this, but you get the point)
For(A,1,5
For(For,B,1,6
Text(y_pos+A,xpos+B, sprite_part(A,Cool
End
End

So make the sprite something like this:

and display it with an offset
1->C:2->D
For(A,1,5
For(B,1,6
Text(y_pos+A+C,x_pos+B+D, sprite_part(A,Cool
End
End

That half-code isn't what you're using, but do you get what I'm trying to say?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Aug 2006 07:19:10 am    Post subject:

Ah, you are talking text sprites. I am using hex to turn it into 4 pixels... But I do understand what you are saying about that sprite format. Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Oct 2006 01:21:25 pm    Post subject:

Here is a small list of things to do for the next beta release, for those that might be wondering...
    Battle system
    Equations for the stats of the pokemon to be put in
    Interior rooms of at least the first three towns
    World map up to Mt Moon (Cave)
    Sign text needs added
    NPC text needs added
    Events need to be added
    PC system to store items and pokemon need to be created
    Need to convert the 8 badges to black and white, and add them to the game
    Finish the Item system
    Create "Party Pokemon" screen and incorporate the interactions/menus
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 08:59:44 pm    Post subject:

And here are the screenshots:

This has 3 badges earned:

This has 5 badges earned:

This has all badges earned:

leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Oct 2006 12:01:45 pm    Post subject:

wow! nice graphics. I especially like the gym leaders.
But i might be bewtter to apply some dithering on the 1st, 4th and 5th badge.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 12 Oct 2006 04:33:28 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I might add to them a lil more later, right now though, it gives you an idea as to what it will look like. :)

Now, on to mapping!! Very Happy
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Oct 2006 06:05:40 am    Post subject:

That's pretty cool, I like the graphics.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 13 Oct 2006 08:58:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm no fan of Pokemon but that looks fun to play! (and graphics are nice)
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 13 Oct 2006 09:22:14 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys, workin on making the interiors correct, compared to events in the game, hard work..
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Dec 2006 10:57:28 am    Post subject:

Well, I have been working on a way to make the text displayer program skip through text and display the string line for line, for those impatient people who would like to hurry through the text scenes.

Currently, I have it recognizing "/" to go to the next line and skip that character, now I need to make it recognize the "+" symbol for pausing, and then "*" for end of string, and it will be ready. Smile I will try to put up a screenshot once I get that part completed.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 06 Dec 2006 10:23:54 pm    Post subject:

K here you go:

Please note 2 things:

There are no errors when being used on-calc.

The speed is fairly smooth on the 83+SE, which is what this game is being built on.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 09:36:09 pm    Post subject:

When erasing text make it start drawing the blank lines from the top. It is just a sugestion, but I think it looks better.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 09:45:11 pm    Post subject:

I agree with bananaman because the text in the bottom just appears and then it's erased. Having it erased after the beginning of the text would be better (in my opinion), as it would let people read the text at a decent speed, not in a hurry.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 11:42:45 pm    Post subject:

The text disappears because he's pressing a key to let the program know that he's done reading it. Wink
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 08 Dec 2006 10:49:16 am    Post subject:

Yeah, here is a deeper explanation of the text display program (prgmZTD):

The program loads a string to Str0, and then runs prgmZTD. prgmZTD then, as default, will display a character one at a time until it reaches a "/" symbol, and will skip that symbol, and go to the next line (X+6->X:4->Y I believe) It continues to do this until it reaches the "+" symbol. This symbol simply runs Repeat getKey:End and then erases the text. Pressing any key will leave the pause, reset where the text should start writing at, and then start writing again.

It quits the program when it sees the "*" symbol after that "+". You might say something about just having a loop go until it reaches Length(Str0, but because of adding the new system (Press a key while the text is displaying, and it will go to the second half of the program) I use my While loop idea, where it has a main loop, and sub-loops that it has to go through.

Now, when you press a key to speed up the text displaying like the original game boy version does, it goes to a spot where While W=4 I think. The first thing it does is search for the nearest instances of "/", "+", and "*" and starts comparing. It will then go through, and do line by line displaying, instead of character by character. It checks to see if the "/" symbol is closer to C than the "+" character is, and keeps checking until the "+" symbol is closer than the "/" symbol. It also keeps track of where the "*" symbol is, and if the variable storing the location of the "/" symbol equals 0, then it knows that there is a "*" at the end, and it will need to exit.

The program is fully dynamic in that regard... Would you like me to release a test program using that for you guys to look at and run the code through??
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 09 Dec 2006 03:04:59 pm    Post subject:

Well, I wanted to try something new, and get a scrolling menu of sorts for long lists of items, and I got it figured out. I just need to make it clear each line as it displays and I will be all set.

And if you want to dl the current version:

http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifreak8x/ABC.8xp

Edit:

I fixed it so the screen does not get garbled up with crap...

I will endeavor to release the newer program with a good readme in the next few days. :)

Well, I added a little bit to it, check the screenies:

Last edited by Guest on 10 Dec 2006 05:00:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 08:21:15 pm    Post subject:

That looks pretty good, smooth... Remember to number pokemons.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 13 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement