This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 06 Sep 2003 02:55:37 pm    Post subject:

ohh basic.. oh art thy be... (some other shakepear words i dont understand)
basic is great! using the wonders of basic i successfully got an 97% in trig without doing any work at all, except for making a few programs.
it all started when i realized i was lazy and probably wasnt going to do any homeowrk at all anyway, this last year i came up with a plan, a plan of acceptable, advantageous, admirable, agreeable, ussfulness that even a genious would think im smart (yes i did use the thesaurus for that, how else would i spell it right?).
my plan was to make formula programs (all in basic) for people in exchange for copying their homework. after about 2 weeks i had a group of about 3 people that did homework for each other and i made programs for em. this helped get my recommened hours of sleep, and get a passing grade. at the end of the year we had everybody confused (for getting better grade then them), me not learning anything.
This year im starting calculus, and cant wait to get back to sleeping Very Happy
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Sep 2003 09:06:05 am    Post subject:

*doh*! *slaps head hard Wink * why dont u just use the programs yourself? make them show their work, so u can just copy it down on paper, and then u finish before everyone, and they wonder what the heck, and ur not cheating or anything... but that is a great story Very Happy i like it!
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 07 Sep 2003 12:25:27 pm    Post subject:

i had to do that with a few of em... back when i took algebra 2 my teacher (i hated / still hate her with a passion) had to have everything done her way. it didnt matter if i had the right answer and showed my work, if it wasnt done her way it was wrong. thats what got me into basic, all my first programs would give me the answer and show work the way she wanted it done. Very Happy
NextPerception

Posted: 11 Sep 2003 05:22:40 pm    Post subject:

I create basic programs to do my work for me too...
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 03:04:36 pm    Post subject:

The general program theory of the majority of teachers at my school:
As long as you made the program, you can use it, because it's your knowledge that we're testing you on, and your knowledge made the program.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 09:48:19 pm    Post subject:

I made this really nice program for my geometry class last year,it was for area of lots of shapes, you just type in the variables,and it does all the work. It even shows you the work step by step.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 12:54:33 am    Post subject:

yes, those are nice. i have hangman rigged so that if the teacher comes around in class i hit a button and it looks like im doing work, then i hit it again, and i play some more! Cool Very Happy
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 10:26:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
yes, those are nice. i have hangman rigged so that if the teacher comes around in class i hit a button and it looks like im doing work, then i hit it again, and i play some more!

lol i should of thought of that... now that i know i can use my book/any other reasoures i want for my calc tests, i have no need to hide those kind of programs, there still very usefull for when you have to do a certain kind of problem alot of times in a row

Wacko Wacko Wacko
for flash, true knowledge is a remote controled microwave
Wacko Wacko Wacko
Matt

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 08:36:54 pm    Post subject:

Man . .my teachers go around and delete programs before class. . but then again they don't check if they are deleted cause I archive mine!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 07:55:51 pm    Post subject:

1 piece of advice : get a fake memory clear program... Very Happy
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Sep 2003 08:38:19 pm    Post subject:

yes... i have yet to try those, but if my teacher ever found id used one, id risk being explelled from geomatry

Last edited by Guest on 15 Sep 2003 08:38:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 19 Sep 2003 07:58:13 pm    Post subject:

locreat a prgm that makes it look like you cleared all your files, it could be done in basic, i've done a funny one... (it just says you suck, if you hit 2nd del, it says done, waits 1000 (for(1,1000)) and starts over, it is quite funny...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement