This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 May 2006 08:19:04 pm    Post subject:

I personally would like to see a category added for chess as it is such a great game and we could teach each other so much about the game. As well we could have a "pinned" board within the category with game requests.
chipmaster

Posted: 17 May 2006 08:32:38 pm    Post subject:

I think that that is too limited of a topic range. I think it may be a good idea to have a sub category under other interests that is about board/card games, but not an entire category solely devoted to chess. It's not that I don't like chess (I do like it), but I don't see a checkers category or a poker category etc etc...

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 May 2006 08:34:17 pm    Post subject:

I can see where your coming from.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 May 2006 08:39:22 pm    Post subject:

I love the idea but having a completly seperate topic isn't appropriate but having it as a subtopic for other interests would be good by popular demand.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 May 2006 09:29:01 pm    Post subject:

this is what open topic is for.

remember we are an calculator related forum, and we dont to end up as one of those "everything" forums where each subforum is its own isolated community.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 May 2006 09:31:44 pm    Post subject:

Gah, just lock the topic. This was obviously a bad idea. I understand this is a calc site and I honestly don't want this site turning into one of those "everything" sites.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 May 2006 11:12:35 pm    Post subject:

Create a topic in Open Topic, and if it gets popular we'll go from there.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 May 2006 01:55:07 am    Post subject:

I think it's a terrible idea. I love chess, but this is a calculator forum.

Last edited by Guest on 18 May 2006 01:55:29 am; edited 1 time in total
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 06 Jun 2006 02:54:10 pm    Post subject:

I would agree. If you're talking about programming a chess game, there's already a forum for that kind of stuff. If you want to find a chess forum, google it [or use any other search engine you want].
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement