This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
albisher

Posted: 15 May 2006 03:16:53 am    Post subject:

Neutral

hi friends

i am facing new problem here ..!

it is when my screen is not enugh to display all the line!!

i do not see the arrow appearing there so i could move here and there! :confused:
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 May 2006 06:40:52 am    Post subject:

Could you be a little more specific? Is this in PrgmIO, or the homescreen, or in a program, or in what?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 May 2006 08:08:23 am    Post subject:

If you use the Pause command (works on homescreen) it will allow you to scroll left and right before you have read it and hit enter.

If you want to use Disp, Output(), or Text() then you can put the string to display through a loop and devide it into showable lengths (homescreen: 16, graphscreen seems to be about 22 depending on what exact characters you are showing) using sub().
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 May 2006 08:30:37 am    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
(homescreen: 16, graphscreen seems to be about 22 depending on what exact characters you are showing) using sub().[post="79324"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
You do know that this is in the 68k calculator basic section? You can't do text in the homescreen from a program.
Ray Kremer

Posted: 15 May 2006 01:12:07 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
You do know that this is in the 68k calculator basic section? You can't do text in the homescreen from a program.
[post="79325"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Same idea though, outputting stuff to the 89 family's I/O screen works on the same principles as outputting to an 8x's home screen.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 May 2006 03:46:27 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:
(homescreen: 16, graphscreen seems to be about 22 depending on what exact characters you are showing) using sub().[post="79324"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
[post="79325"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
No I didn't notice, I didn't even know we had a 68k basic section. And I never claimed you could do Text on the homescreen.
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 May 2006 05:04:41 pm    Post subject:

Sorry about that. I meant text, not [font="courier new"]Text.

Ray Kremer wrote:
Same idea though, outputting stuff to the 89 family's I/O screen works on the same principles as outputting to an 8x's home screen.[post="79345"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Fundamentally, yes. It doesn't use the 83+'s font-grid thingye. It acts more like the [font="courier new"]Text command.

Back to the topic, could you please specify where the problem occurs?
ShadowBlade

Posted: 31 May 2006 05:28:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm having the same problem. My cubic equation solver that I'm currently working on always has a result larger than the screen can show without scrolling. I use [font="Courier"]Disp to output to PrgmIO. Is there any other method that breaks the output at the edge of the screen or allows you to scroll (like on the home screen if you have a long answer)
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 May 2006 05:29:47 pm    Post subject:

You know how wide each letter is, so you can figure out when to break the text yourself, no?
ShadowBlade

Posted: 31 May 2006 05:31:15 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
You know how wide each letter is, so you can figure out when to break the text yourself, no?
[post="81366"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sorry, I guess I don't know how to do that.
bukwirm

Posted: 31 May 2006 05:36:04 pm    Post subject:

Pause, I believe, will allow you to scoll.

How are you getting answer longer than the io screen? You can fit 26 charaters on it!
ShadowBlade

Posted: 31 May 2006 05:41:01 pm    Post subject:

bukwirm wrote:
Pause, I believe, will allow you to scoll.

How are you getting answer longer than the io screen? You can fit 26 charaters on it!
[post="81368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks, pause does let you scroll.
And my program finds all possible answers to equations in the form of ax^3+bx^2+cx+d=0 for x
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 May 2006 05:44:23 pm    Post subject:

In that case, just do
Code:
seq(mid(str1,26*i-25,min(26,dim(str1)-26*(i-1))),i,1,ceiling(dim(str1)/26))
where str1 is the string you want to output. Replace 26 by some other number if you have a TI-92/92+/V200. The output will be a list of strings, just display each element one after the other and you should be fun.

Oh and see if you can't figure out how the above line of code works.
Ray Kremer

Posted: 07 Jun 2006 12:51:54 pm    Post subject:

ShadowBlade wrote:
And my program finds all possible answers to equations in the form of ax^3+bx^2+cx+d=0 for x
[post="81372"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Even if you don't have the polynomial solver flash app, it's easy to duplicate the poly() command.
negativezero48

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 31 Jul 2006 02:50:32 pm    Post subject:

do you want the 3x3 font I made? I think that someone else on this forum made one too if i recal.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Jul 2006 03:01:23 pm    Post subject:

1. What font?
  2. Who requested it?
  3. Why are you asking a dead thread?
Three good answers or this thread will be closed.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 Jul 2006 03:22:55 pm    Post subject:

hold on weregoose, I have a suggestion as to why the text can't scroll.

For those of you who don't know, the 89(ti), 92+, and v200 all have the same sized VIRTUAL screen. That means the same amount of space is allocated to store which pixels are on/off. However on the 89(ti), only a section of that space is sent to the LCD, and is displayed correctly.

From experimenting with TIGCC, I've found that basic string drawing functions, that are typically almost entirely TI-OS ROM calls, do not cut off/scroll text until the amount of text takes up the entire v200-sized screen width. So text can be greater than an 89(ti) screen but still not trigger scrolling.

Can someone confirm this? I've found that using DrawStr() with a really long string will start overwriting the next pixel down from the left, if and only if that string width is greater than the v200 screen width.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement