This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Sep 2003 08:32:50 pm    Post subject:

Hello , there are endless number of games out there for TI, how about making a useful app instead of a game?

Maybe a spell checker, thesaurus , etc........
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Sep 2003 08:47:31 pm    Post subject:

The problem there is that using the 83+ for word processing is cumbersome and irritating - I think we otta get together and make some schematics for a cheaply-sashioned keyboard for the calc (like the one TI offers, but that could be made from an old PS/2 keyboard). Then we could make an ASM prog that would listen for input from it and an APP that could be a really cool word processor. Maybe even have the possiblity for an external storage device built into the keyboard? Seems like it would be really cool.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninjas like keyboards, in more ways than three.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 03 Sep 2003 11:04:30 am    Post subject:

word processor? why, there is already one
FYI, there has been one that you can sync with microsoft word and its free from TI
Matt

Posted: 04 Sep 2003 04:26:32 pm    Post subject:

Well . .here ya go . .
Quote:
there is a word prossesor called qwerty that has the configuration of a key board [just turn your calc to the side and its really nice! I've made it to 30 words a min and it can send *txt file to your calc and it can receive them from you calc.]
go here to get QWERTY http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/filei.../213/21313.html

Quote:
And there is an app that:
checks spelling
puzzle solver (like so: fi?teen and it out puts fifteen)
Anagram maker
and word families.
(to get DAWG go here http://www.detachedsolutions.com/dawg/ )

Btw I'm makin' an X solver and I'm coming up with a code that is an app in it creats a basic program I'll post it p when I'm done!

Last edited by Guest on 04 Sep 2003 04:33:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Sep 2003 07:55:43 pm    Post subject:

Word processing is the easy part.

Spell check would not be easy/possible on a regular 83+ because there is not enough memory to hold every word in the English language.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 04 Sep 2003 08:03:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, we need one that can be made with old PS2 keyboards. And an app that doesen't use shift. (caps lock would be a good alternative...or if it was customizable)

Last edited by Guest on 04 Sep 2003 08:06:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 05 Sep 2003 05:25:11 am    Post subject:

no not that word processor

the official release from Texas Instrument is called Notefolio i think
Drubu

Posted: 19 Sep 2003 08:21:52 pm    Post subject:

There is a spell checker... Ive had it on my calc for like 5 months now. I got it from... TICALC.org. Its called DAWG. Its accually pretty cool. It can even spell check whore, bitch, penis, vagina, etc...
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Sep 2003 02:34:22 am    Post subject:

I am not surprized. Do you know who wrote it?
Drubu

Posted: 20 Sep 2003 11:11:00 am    Post subject:

Um... Kirk Meyer I think was his name. The Auther of Graph3 or whatever
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Sep 2003 12:14:20 pm    Post subject:

it is at detachedsolutions.com it is one of their creations Smile which is WHY it is so good... lol
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Sep 2003 04:35:19 pm    Post subject:

Matt wrote:
Btw I'm makin' an X solver

there is already one in the tios. [math]+[0]

solves for any variable.
if i wanted to solve 3x+2=5x-6
then:
0=(3x+2)-(5x-6) would be the equation to enter
to solve press [alpha]+[solve](above the enter key)
Matt

Posted: 20 Sep 2003 10:15:22 pm    Post subject:

Yeah . . . but mine does: < , > , < (and = to) , and > (and = to)

So thats why I'm making it
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Sep 2003 06:57:46 am    Post subject:

here's a cool program i made a few months ago, called probio, its biology on your ti, i just made it for a reference guide, its kinda big.....
also, i might still continue on my idea on making a math program that shows the solutions............ it depends if i have time
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 08:48:59 am    Post subject:

I have a suggestion, an image creation program.
This is what we had for project at Cirrus long ago, but it's still a good idea. One could make a picture editor that allows you to draw things faster than the tools on the draw menu. It should also have the opportunity to save the pics as compressed appvars.
John Barrus

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 03:41:34 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, there are plenty of basic versions out there (all crap) but I haven't seen any in asm (let alone app format). That'd be an interesting project.
b__

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 05:39:08 pm    Post subject:

It should be able to draw in 4 or 8 level grayscale too.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 07:56:10 pm    Post subject:

4 level grayscale would be a viable option as there is a great 4 level grayscale routine out there. (Diederik Kingma's grayscale dev kit)

As far as I know there are no good 8 level grayscale routines. They are just a flickery mess. Also 8 level grayscale would not be an overall good decision as the mass space it would take for each picture.

4-level grayscale in itself requires 2, 768 byte buffers (1536 bytes). Even with a good compression routine that results in huge files.

A paint program would rather easy to achieve in an app. Yet you would need to double buffer it. (2, 768 byte buffers for balck and white) (4, 768 byte buffers for 4 level grayscale)

This would be so that routines wouldn't mess up the picture.

ex.drawing a line from 2 points on the screen. Placing the first point then dragging the line overtop of the rest of the pic to place the second point. Like you would in a windows paint program.

I say this because it helps to see the exact layout of the line whiel you're drawing instead of choosing two points and hoping it works.
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 08 Nov 2003 10:17:39 pm    Post subject:

Micheal Vincent worked on that job of making an old ps2 keyboard plug into a Ti-83 plus. I've actually been planning on doing it for a while, but I can't figure out how to follow the schematic on his website (i'm not too good with them). Anyways I've got all the parts. Unfortunately, the keyboard doesn't work in the OS (i think), and the word processor he wrote is only for the silver edition 83 plus. That is why I haven't been motiviated to finish it. If any of you guys could check out the schematic, and if someone could get the word processor to work with the plain old 83 plus, I would appreciate it.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Nov 2003 10:17:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 10:42:04 am    Post subject:

here's the perfect educational app.......
why not make flashcards, i know they have one in Ticalc... but why now make flashcards on TIcalc
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement