This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2006 07:21:20 pm    Post subject:

It's day 15 since the knee issues and I think I'm ready to practice again. Anybody have flipping tips so I can practice over the summer?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Oct 2006 10:15:00 pm    Post subject:

Tripple-post for the win! Tripple post for the win!

Ahem. Well I finally got my knees xrayed. There's no sign of permanent damage. But the inflammation is intense enough to show up on on an xray. They're giving me an anti-inflammatory that should help me get back to pre-Parkouring level this month. Until then, more insane footage:

* Kong Tutorial
* Wall Spin Tutorial
* World's Greatest
* Enter the Zanshin
* Oops! Police Confrontation in Canada
* Gun Kata from District 13
* Just for Fun. I LOLed!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Oct 2006 12:14:15 am    Post subject:

Are you doing anything specific to get in shape? Program? Gym?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Oct 2006 11:08:14 am    Post subject:

Yep. They said to try a leg extension machine to get the front quad muscles in shape so the knee cartilage won't wear down again. I've never done a lot (or any) weight training other than crunches so I should probably get into it to avoid other injuries I haven't thought of. Before the injury, the runs were 4 miles in 28 minutes. Depending on how well the new meds work it might take a couple months to get back to that rate.

They also started an "Extreme Sports" club on campus yesterday. I'll have to check and see if anyone does Parkour over there. I know there's at least 1 other runner, but he goes out at like 4 or 5am.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Oct 2006 11:38:52 am    Post subject:

Nice
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Oct 2006 04:23:55 am    Post subject:

Weight training is fun, I highly recommend it.

--AlienCC
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Oct 2006 04:49:43 am    Post subject:

Resistance training without weights is also fun.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Oct 2006 08:22:31 am    Post subject:

biking owns.

18 miles a day, 3-4 times a week.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Oct 2006 09:58:55 am    Post subject:

My dad did 50-75 miles a day when he was in College to train for a race X].

I don't really do any excercise like weight training, but I do play alot of sports like football and basketball afterschool with my freinds so...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Oct 2006 12:28:27 pm    Post subject:

Funny story I found today...

SupaFly @ urbanfreeflow.com wrote:
I was training today around my town, I decided to take a run. I was running down a road in my high street when a police car cut me off at the end. Thinking that it had nothing to do with me I slowed down my jog to a walk, then stopped and started stretching. 2 Police officers got out of the car and began walking towards me.

"Can I help you officers?" I said when they got close to me

"Why were you running?!"

"What do you mean? I'm keeping fit!"

At this point I described my sport bla bla bla the usual

"We had a report of you being on a old roof so we went to tell you to move on and you sprinted passed our car, immediately we thought you had done something so we turned to chase you....That was an hour and a half ago! You kept dissapearing, now that you've mentioned your sport I understand why, but you just vanished!! Then we would get a report of cameras seeing you streets away from where we last saw you!

"To be honest with you, if you hadn't stopped here I think it would have taken a long time to catch you. You could have murdered someone, or robbed a bank for all we knew and we couldn't catch you!! This sport should be banned!"

At this point I was just grinning, basking in the glory of losing the police, then he took down my details and said.

"If we catch you training or doing anything to do with this again we shall put you to court!"

"On what charge?!?!" I exclaimed.

"Conspiring or Training for Theft or Terrorism!"

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?"

"Goodbye."

And they left....just like that, my glory shot down in flames...

He may have been joking because he seemed that type when he was talking to me......I bloody hope he was joking...

I told him he could change his name to 'batman' after that disappearing stuff. :biggrin:
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Oct 2006 07:53:14 pm    Post subject:

That's pretty funny.
I'm a runner, and the most extreme thing that's happened to me is that I almost got hit by a car when crossing an intersection. (People need to look before they turn left). My teacher actually got hit by a car in chicago while running, but luckily he wasn't hurt, but the car now has a nice dent in the hood.
threefingeredguy

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 04:53:20 am    Post subject:

Haha, I recognized every location in the original post.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Oct 2006 10:42:03 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah, I think that other guy on campus goes by "hyetou." Apparently UT Austin, UTSA, and UTD are pretty good campuses for freerunning. They're also working on this new building way on the end of campus (3fg knows what I'm talking about) that looks interesting.

bananaman wrote:
I'm a runner, and the most extreme thing that's happened to me is that I almost got hit by a car when crossing an intersection. (People need to look before they turn left). My teacher actually got hit by a car in chicago while running, but luckily he wasn't hurt, but the car now has a nice dent in the hood.

Speaking of UT Austin, I saw a biker get hit by a car over there once. Two girls were having some kind of conversation in this sedan and they plowed right through a stop sign. The biker was okay, but looked really shocked of course. Weird part was, a lot of on lookers played it off like that happens every day. Cool
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Oct 2006 09:00:38 pm    Post subject:

!!! I was just doing this youtube search and I found one from on this campus! The shots pretty much cover all of the north/central parts of campus (my route was mostly on the south/southeast end probably explaining why I never saw anyone). I was starting to think this place was getting dull for a while.

Freerunning at UTD
Second UTD video

LOL! Jumping out of apartment in first vid! :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 19 Oct 2006 09:07:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
chipmaster

Posted: 22 Oct 2006 07:40:41 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
!!!  I was just doing this youtube search and I found one from on this campus!...UTD[post="89985"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You go to UTD? I have a friend who goes there. You don't happen to know one Jack (John) Crowley, do you (he'd be a sophomore this year)? I know that several thousand students go there, but I figure I'll ask anyways.

Who else thinks Digitan has to make a video? Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2006 10:22:24 am    Post subject:

I don't know him, but his name comes up in the Behavioral Sciences directory. There was another ticalc guy supposed to be here (besides 3fg and Nextperception) but he went inactive. Anyways, I'll have to look everybody up.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 May 2007 12:29:17 am    Post subject:

Whooooo! Summer's here again! Screw summer classes I'm going nuts again!

I might get pictures of my favorite locations this week. Who knows, this place could become the next hotspot for local freerunners. This place needs more antics!

* Texas Parkour: San Marcos (south)
* Texas Parkour: Kerville (west)
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 16 May 2007 04:26:44 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
* Texas Parkour: San Marcos (south)
* Texas Parkour: Kerville (west)
[post="104176"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh, your a fan of Parkour too?!? I love it! Especially the ones that are taken in France (they have way too many obstacles) Wink

Last edited by Guest on 16 May 2007 04:26:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 May 2007 05:32:08 pm    Post subject:

Yeeeeah!! :biggrin: It's the coolest thing ever! The French cities seem to have more interesting obstacles than the major US cities. I guess it's just a matter or urban design.

Nothing beats starting a summer morning like grabbing an iPod and going outside for some random stunts! Has a real sense of adventure to it.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 17 May 2007 06:51:32 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Nothing beats starting a summer morning like grabbing an iPod and going outside for some random stunts!  Has a real sense of adventure to it.
[post="104248"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You should see the bloopers, though. I saw this one where the guy tried doing a flip over a railing, and instead fell straight on a place very sensitive to males Very Happy That has adventure written all over it (and bravery)!

Last edited by Guest on 17 May 2007 06:52:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement