This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
lolje

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 10:24:51 am    Post subject:

Click here
...This is what happens when people start to be rude and unsocial to other users of a community. When people begin to complain about other users just because they're programming in basic or using xlib and other ASM-libraries.

Flamers decrease the number of our users and are a danger for (not only our) community!

In the last weeks two 'TI-Masterminds' (I think they are really able to call themselfe so) and many,many other users left (not only, but they did also) because of this crap!

We're very sorry for...
xlibman
CDI

and many other flamed users.

You see, flaming newcomers, basic, xlib and other programmers is a bad thing. Everyone of us should punish flamers and mobbers with ignoring and reporting flames.

United TI ; not Devided TI!

Last edited by Guest on 22 Apr 2006 11:21:58 am; edited 1 time in total
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 10:30:15 am    Post subject:

Well... they did step out temporarily, but I don't think it's the flames that made them do so; more like RL issues made them say "Maybe I'll lay off the forums for a while and try to fix the crap that's in my life.", as I understand their explanation. That is not to say that flaming people is genteel. We must all remember that each of us has their own sensitivities, and we would do well to keep those sensitivities in mind whenever we post in public forums.

*gets off soapbox*

thornahawk
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 11:43:59 am    Post subject:

Huh?

1) Neither quit UnitedTI today, but both did a while ago.
2) Not because of recent flames.
3) I can't even think of any flames on this forum this entire year.

Your message is a right one, but I do not recognize the issue you illustrate. : )

peace
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 11:49:15 am    Post subject:

I don't like flaming either. I think it is inappropriate and you should be warned for it. I support this message but I don't think the sole(or is it soul?) cause for them leaving UTI was because of solely flames.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 11:54:45 am    Post subject:

(yeah it's sole, as in single/one/only)

Do you think they didn't leave for the flames but that the flames are there, or do you think they didn't leave for them and/because there are none?
programmer_to_be

Elite

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 11:57:11 am    Post subject:

I think they left solely Very Happy because of real-life issues, BUT there were flames in there that helped finalize this. If you guys didn't know, CDI and Xlibman still get on IRC.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 12:31:26 pm    Post subject:

Correct, CDI still visits the Maxcoders and Omnimaga forums (and some others, I'm sure) and Kevin/Xlibman is focusing on Omnimaga.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 02:15:25 pm    Post subject:

Waaay too much drama for me.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 02:20:54 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Waaay too much drama for me.
[post="76337"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Don't leave! :'<
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 02:23:14 pm    Post subject:

Well, just the flame talk in general. These forums are way better than the ticalc discussions. Where everybody goes spelling nazi on each other.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 04:35:47 pm    Post subject:

That's 'spelling Nazi'. :D

I think we do pretty well at the no-flaming thing, because most (if not all) of the members are decent people who don't tolerate insults and mudslinging directed at their fellow members.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 04:38:27 pm    Post subject:

There is another thing that has recently been plaguing the TI Community in general:

1. The people that just won't let sleeping dogs die (read: MC vs UTI), and
2. The people that continually proclaim doom and "OMGZORS THIS IS TEH END OF TEH COMMUNITY11!1" / "OMGZORS TEH COMMUNITY IS DYING11!1" / "OMGZORS TUNAFISH11!1"

I believe this thread fits both.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Apr 2006 04:39:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 05:11:26 pm    Post subject:

Neither is merely a recent thing. : )
programmer_to_be

Elite

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 06:21:14 pm    Post subject:

Rezek, what's the link to the MC vs. UTI forum?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 07:03:49 pm    Post subject:

Try flaming here, and see your warn count pop some steroids. I don't think flaming has ever been a problem here.

I do agree, however, that flaming is a Bad Thing, which has sometimes reared its ugly head on other forums. Hopefully we can keep it out of UTI, and they can keep it out of theirs.
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 07:19:40 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, lets see..That was in February and hasn't broken out as of recently, so I think it is safe right now (you can put your guns away). Yes flaming is wrong, but some don't classify what they are saying as be flames, but just criticizing..
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 07:22:21 pm    Post subject:

And then lock your topic when you say that. ^___^
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 07:22:51 pm    Post subject:

If you ask, me a lot of community issues --like evening the news-- is over-dramatized. Somewhere between the speeches about member feuds and 1-page "retirement" rants I lost interest.

IAmACalculator wrote:
That's 'spelling Nazi'. Very Happy

It's a compound word that doesn't refer to the actual Nazi party, so it looses specificity and becomes an common noun. That's what I heard before defecting to the Allies.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Apr 2006 07:23:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 07:29:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Rezek, what's the link to the MC vs. UTI forum?

Uh, what? :|

Quote:
Neither is merely a recent thing. : )

Very true. By the way, (and I might be totally off base with this), you know you can disable smilies turning into images by just unchecking 'Enable Smilies' right? You probably already know that though Razz
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2006 07:41:30 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I remember that debacle. Remember when everyone though we were charging cash for membership? (Would make a good April fool's joke)
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement