This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 02:51:35 am    Post subject:

No problem. You can assume it's your favorite variation of that food. For example, I'm lactose intolerant, so when it says "milk," I'm imagining soy milk. It's just a question of which food in general gives you the most energy.
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 04:04:25 am    Post subject:

Thanks for clarifying. If it's my favorite food, I would have to go with fish. Get some breaded fish with tartar sauce, and you have yourself one heck of a meal Smile
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 07:47:56 am    Post subject:

I would say bread because it has a lot of carbohydrates. But, then again, Apples sorta do and have more vitamans. If we substitute Apples for "Fruit of My choice" then I would probably put half a vote, no make it 3/4 vote for that. Bread stays right now. (maybe even a sandwich)
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 09:07:34 am    Post subject:

I say (Fuji) apples with peanut butter. Unless that's against the rules. Wink
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 09:11:01 am    Post subject:

I'd have to go with apples. Bread only makes me energetic when it's the kind of bread that's mostly sugar. Fish is also a good choice. I don't drink milk so I wouldn't know about that one.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jun 2007 09:11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 11:29:56 am    Post subject:

Apples, then fish.

Fish would probably be more filling, but I don't like it; whereas I do I like apples. Very Happy
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 03:13:34 pm    Post subject:

For me I vote bread. Then fish, apples, and milk. Basically any kind of grain does it for me. With it taking longer to chew, I tend to get the idea the bread portions are larger than they are too.
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 06:23:08 pm    Post subject:

if you get the order wrong, I'm not playing your game. thx
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 08:03:18 pm    Post subject:

Hehe, Spencer, I think I read that somewhere before...
Anyways, for my vote, I think either fish or milk is the most filling. Bread kind of leaves you with an empty stomach because of all the fluffy texture. As for apples, they are only really a snack so it will only fill you up as much. In fish vs. milk, I have to say fish fills you up more because of the oil and protein, so the order, from most filling to least, IMHO would be: Fish, Milk, Apples, Bread.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 08:21:37 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps it can be dependant on what area you are in ... like fish for Oceanside, bread (or toast Razz) for the firey parts (Grand Cove?) etc.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 01:39:43 am    Post subject:

New Poll: "Equipment Expiration"

Background: Okay, so in the game, you can collect equipment items that give you special powerups. Unlike food --which you use once-- equipment stays in effect as long as you keep it in your backpack. So far, there is equipment for boosting your attacks, running faster, jumping higher, etc. You can hold 6 equipment maximum.

Right now, equipment lasts forever. Once you buy it, you can't loose it unless you sell or drop it. And it never becomes obsolete. But it kind of makes the game a little too easy because you don't have much reason to upgrade, sell, or trade. It also isn't the most realistic. Here are some other options...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Option 1: Equipment Expires after 60 minutes:
Under this plan, items would expire on a "real-time" basis. A number next to the item name will show you how many minutes are left. When it runs out, the game says "Your item expired."

Option 2: Equipment Expires after 10 Level-ups:
Under this plan, equipment has a number next to its name that tells you how many level-ups it will last. New equipment starts out at 10, goes down by 1 when you level-up, then disappears at 0. When it runs out, the game says "Your item expired."

Option 3: Equipment lasts forever:
This is what I'm using now. Items don't leave unless you drop or sell 'em.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Mar 2008 01:45:14 am; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 07:58:37 am    Post subject:

I'm going with the levels because at some point, it will be very hard to upgrade and after an hour, you are out of luck.

If I may make a suggestion to this part, how about if the user can buy the item at "stock" and it lasts for 5 levels, and pay a bit more for a 7 level and 10 level item?
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 08:02:23 am    Post subject:

I like Luby ideas but how about something more like ou buy it at full price once and then every time it expires (10 levels) for a lower price, maybe half of the original price.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 09:27:23 am    Post subject:

I vote for a variation on the first option: it only gets "used up" when you keep it in your backpack (I assume there's some sort of storage area you can put things you're not using?)
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 10:44:52 am    Post subject:

I typically play games quite slowly, so I like the option of 10 level ups.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 02:11:34 pm    Post subject:

luby wrote:
I'm going with the levels because at some point, it will be very hard to upgrade and after an hour, you are out of luck. 

If I may make a suggestion to this part, how about if the user can buy the item at "stock" and it lasts for 5 levels, and pay a bit more for a 7 level and 10 level item?
[post="121156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

One similar thing I could try maybe having some kind of item that makes your equipment last longer than normal. Maybe something like those Gel Bags that make clothes last longer.

TheStorm wrote:
I like Luby ideas but how about something more like ou buy it at full price once and then every time it expires (10 levels) for a lower price, maybe half of the original price.

*Adds to notepad*

Darkerline wrote:
I vote for a variation on the first option: it only gets "used up" when you keep it in your backpack (I assume there's some sort of storage area you can put things you're not using?)

That's a good plan. Maybe I could add a kind of shop (Public Storage/Post Office?) specifically for storing items.

bananaman wrote:
I typically play games quite slowly, so I like the option of 10 level ups.

*Adds to notepad*

Last edited by Guest on 07 Mar 2008 02:12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 05:11:49 pm    Post subject:

So is it that you pay a starting price and after 10 level ups you have to "renew it" at lower price and if you store it the level counter stays the same?
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 05:12:38 pm    Post subject:

I like Darkerline's suggestion.

Also, I can't imagine playing for 60 minutes. I guess it kind of depends. How hard is it to level up? cuz if it doesn't take to long, then 60 min can be a long time. That being said, I'm guessing equipments aren't necessary for beating the game?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 05:58:13 pm    Post subject:

TheStorm wrote:
So is it that you pay a starting price and after 10 level ups you have to "renew it" at lower price and if you store it the level counter stays the same?
[post="121166"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Pretty much. Once an item starts to wear out, you can sell it in any shop while it's still good. They'll refund you a little money which you can use to buy a replacement. If you store it in Public Storage/Post Office, you can return at any time and it will be just like it was when you left it. We might want to make storage cost a small amount of money too.

Liazon wrote:
I like Darkerline's suggestion.

Also, I can't imagine playing for 60 minutes. I guess it kind of depends. How hard is it to level up? cuz if it doesn't take to long, then 60 min can be a long time. That being said, I'm guessing equipments aren't necessary for beating the game?

Level-ups aren't coded in yet, but I think most players will level up maybe 8-12 times while visiting each stage. So pretty much, items would need replacing each time you beat an area.

Keys are required to open doors, but all other equipment is 100% optional. In fact, you can beat the entire game knowing only the "jump" skill. That would be a near-impossible feat of course! :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 07 Mar 2008 06:01:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Mar 2008 08:03:58 pm    Post subject:

I think it would be a good idea for there to be various times for the equipment to expire. Depending on the item, it may take more or less time for it to expire.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement