This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Dec 2003 06:45:03 pm    Post subject:

one word: wow

that looks truly amazing for basic! i hope you have a fairly recent backup on your comp at all times, cause it would be terrible to lose a gem like that Wink
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Dec 2003 10:23:42 pm    Post subject:

Thank you man, looks like your Contra's one true fan Very Happy

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just backed it up today actually, And I have been doing so for a while. So no wrries there. Unless my comp crashes. NOOOOO Very Happy

But I will definetely need help, once the engine is completely finished, on level production. That one frame took about like 2 days to make it look perfect. And it hurts my head looking at a program full of 8 digit numbers repeating. So its definetely time consuming to make a full level. But Im sure the members of UTI and OLSoft would not mind helping out ! Very Happy

Oh and as far as everyone saying that I should add graphics... Frankly I think it looks great for a BASIC game and that its the tightest I can make the levels look, and smallest memory consumption i can use for them.

Its BASIC what do u expect Very Happy
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Dec 2003 10:25:40 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys... You think I should make Contra's own forum on the Board, that way I can keep all my stuff in one spot?

or do you think the project is not worth it ?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 12:14:40 pm    Post subject:

Bryan Thomas wrote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I just backed it up today actually, And I have been doing so for a while. So no wrries there. Unless my comp crashes. NOOOOO  Very Happy

Use a floppy, whenever you back it up on your comp, copy it to the floppy and put that somewhere safe (away from magnets and such Smile).

Quote:
Its BASIC what do u expect  Very Happy
Quite true.

Quote:
Hey guys... You think I should make Contra's own forum on the Board, that way I can keep all my stuff in one spot?
I definetly agree on this one, send a message to JBirk (or AlienCC??) and he'll probably set it up for you.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 04:48:36 pm    Post subject:

Well, I am admin, so I can do it myself Very Happy I will just make sure that the other admins do not mind.

Ok then, Ill have a forum set up pretty soon. Just watchout for it guys.

***And guess what. The enemies actually die when you shoot them now Very Happy I coded it and it didnt slow speed at all. YAY Very Happy ***
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 04:52:58 pm    Post subject:

YES!!! make it have it's own forum! Smile that is sweet that you added shotting the bad guys with NO speed loss! I think it looks way good for basic, and that was an animated screenshot which are usually SLOWER than the real thing! Wink Razz
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 06:35:09 pm    Post subject:

Ok I will, I wasnt sure if people would like it b/c the only progs there are ASM and are being worked on with other UTI members, however its time for change Very Happy
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 07:39:29 pm    Post subject:

heck, if your basic prog looks that good (with no asm subs) then you deserve the extra forum!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Dec 2003 10:13:25 pm    Post subject:

i could help port it to asm...then think how good it will look...

Last edited by Guest on 04 Dec 2003 10:13:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement