This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 27 Jan 2006 11:36:34 pm    Post subject:

Looks fine in FX for me, although I only glanced quickly. When I get the chance I'll see how it comes out in Dillo and Lynx. :)

Three times sounds about like the number of times I've started and stopped learning asm because I had to give my friend's link cable back. Maybe this time it will stick, especially with such a great tutorial.
koolmansam375

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 12:04:50 am    Post subject:

I saw that you shifted from NoStub to Ion compatible this time. Seems to me like a good choice. You going to focus on game making for the z80 in this version?
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 11:12:00 am    Post subject:

koolmansam375 wrote:
I saw that you shifted from NoStub to Ion compatible this time. Seems to me like a good choice. You going to focus on game making for the z80 in this version?
[post="68129"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

In that case, I'll continue printing the old one because I need a better understanding of the calc first.

Though game making advice would be good because I have little experience in making one.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 06:55:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
While the TI-83 Plus has been around for about three years
Keep the ASM Guru rant in there though, rants are fun. :)

Quote:
A series of 28 tutorials about assembly programming, augmented with a few examples programs and quizzes
Quizzes sound good. (quiz 1: find the typo)
bukwirm

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 07:23:00 pm    Post subject:

One thing I would suggest is that you keep the old version avalible for people who want to learn with TASM.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 07:28:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Too, on the very first page, he says

...I found the typo, Alexrudd! (from the asmguru rant)

Quote:
So, with such a coruscating résumé, you would naturally have the impression that the Z80 best use of silicon until Pamela Anderson?

Funny, but shouldn't it be 'that the Z80 was the best use...'?

Quote:
Both of these we’re
Were.

That Hello World source made me laugh... feeling cynical now Sigma? That being said, the biggest difference I see is that it's leaning more towards what CoBB's guide is.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2006 07:39:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 08:36:08 pm    Post subject:

I like having more examples. Example code is great if you are writing a routine, but if you just want to test your understanding of how something works, its nice to have a full program to read.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 10:48:55 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I disagree. I find it easier to digest a programming concept if it's given to me in pieces. Otherwise I'm overwhelmed by the pages of code.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 11:28:37 pm    Post subject:

Rezek wrote:
Quote:
Too, on the very first page, he says

...I found the typo, Alexrudd! (from the asmguru rant)
I didn't mean that typo or the few of other typos that I found scattered: try looking at what I actually quoted. It's even bolded for you.

As to having programs vs. examples, why not have examples for each day but a program incorporating the major ideas after each week or something.

For which compiler to use, how about a checkbox somewhere that changes the formatting of the examples from one to the other? Only if you really have spare time, it's not needed but would be impressive.
koolmansam375

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 12:47:20 am    Post subject:

Code:
.include "memmap.h"  <----- what is this/what does it do?
.include "ti83plus.h" <----- it changed from a ".inc" file to a ".h" file?

.orga   $9D95   <---- wasnt it $9D93 before?
<----- what happened to the "t2ByteTok,AsmPrgm" ($BB,$6D) stuff?

I think you should have a page for people who previously used TASM or started learning/learnt from a previous version of the guide, and tell them the structuring changes from TASM->WLA.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 06:00:52 am    Post subject:

Liazon wrote:
Actually, I disagree.  I find it easier to digest a programming concept if it's given to me in pieces.  Otherwise I'm overwhelmed by the pages of code.
[post="68201"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I like example code. Copy+paste into my source anyone ? Razz
koolmansam375

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 06:18:30 am    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
Liazon wrote:
Actually, I disagree.  I find it easier to digest a programming concept if it's given to me in pieces.  Otherwise I'm overwhelmed by the pages of code.  [post="68201"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I like example code. Copy+paste into my source anyone ? Razz [post="68217"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Heh Smile . I copy+pasted the fast ClearScreen code from the guide (which was changed in version 2 so that it doesnt zero out the GraphBuffer, but instead AppBackup).

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jan 2006 07:39:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Jan 2006 10:26:24 am    Post subject:

but version 2 had very little code that I considered long. Now the technoplaza C tutorial on the other hand... *faints*
threefingeredguy

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Feb 2006 06:22:21 pm    Post subject:

Hardly anything is working in safari.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Feb 2006 08:42:35 pm    Post subject:

Ranting is okay; I actually enjoyed some of it in version 2 because it helped me better understand the ASM concepts a bit.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 05 Feb 2006 05:05:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I didn't mean that typo or the few of other typos that I found scattered: try looking at what I actually quoted. It's even bolded for you.

I know that, I'm not completely retarded, I was making a bad joke off of you.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Feb 2006 06:53:37 pm    Post subject:

threefingeredguy wrote:
Hardly anything is working in safari.
[post="68564"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the only problem I noticed in my version of Safari was the escape codes....have you run it through the w3c validator yet?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement