This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Mar 2006 09:17:09 am    Post subject:

sexybear979 wrote:
the mascot should be the giant plushie of the common cold rhinovirus.
[post="73174"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
And that would have what to do with uti exactly?
SonicBoom95

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 11:49:26 am    Post subject:

Jacobbus wrote:
What if we simply use these few pixels:

You can put it somewere on your title screen or in the credits.
It doesn't look like much but you can simply draw it, both in basic and asm.

And it isn't a mascot, bu it could be some kind of trademark, so in a few months everyone know its a good program if it has this tag somewere. Neutral
[post="66194"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree.

Necropost Successful! +152 EXP!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 12:37:30 pm    Post subject:

There's another 200 exp for anyone who can convince me not to delete that.
angel14995

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 02:38:04 pm    Post subject:

Umm... You're feeling nice today?

Actually, since there is no real UnitedTI works collectively, and I can't see why we would have them, it would be essentially pointless for the programs. As for just a general mascot, sure, would be fine with me. Nothing uber-cute though.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Oct 2008 02:39:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 02:50:26 pm    Post subject:

most ppl will omit it to save space /time
-.-
SonicBoom95

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 03:50:07 pm    Post subject:

But...but...we are a community! We must...aw, screw it. Sorry, Digitan. Fire away.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 03:58:45 pm    Post subject:

angel14995 wrote:
Umm... You're feeling nice today?

UTI's anti-spam policy applies to all levels of membership. And having a 3-years-dead topics revived by mini-sentences...sort of spoils the whimsy of it all. Now, if someone wants to contribute to an old topic, that's all gravy. Just don't make our mascot an owl. They're kind of creepy. Neutral Seriously.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 04:43:12 pm    Post subject:

Say, isn't it getting to be that time of year anyway?

If you want to put a UTI emblem in your program, this simple one will do:

For(A,1,13
    Text(10,A,sub("8888QQQ44YT░░",A,1 // ░ = 1 space, and that's a Q (as in glutamine), not a zero
    Text(5,A,sub("8░Q░86░68░8[░",A,1 // Left square bracket
    Text(0,A,sub("8888666▫▫/.░░",A,1 // Two box plot marks, a division sign, and a period
    End
    Text(5,15,"United-TI
    Text(57,35,"www.unitedti.org

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jul 2010 05:16:11 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 07:04:53 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking the same thing. Usually it's right around when the leaves start falling for some reason.

I'd vote to a mascot if I saw a good one. As well as...

* More games
* Cracking the Nspire
* More games
* New graphics libs
* Did I mention more games?

Last edited by Guest on 09 Oct 2008 07:06:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 10:13:04 pm    Post subject:

we at revsoft discussed a mascot when we first started...it just didn't seem important. A logo is different though...we still dont have a uniform splash
SonicBoom95

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 07:45:26 am    Post subject:

Well, Goose's UTI emblem is awesome. It never fails to amaze me how people do text sprites. Was that trial-and error?

I'm not sure that any anthropomorphic animal is really going to represent UTI accurately. Maybe not so much a mascot as...well, I dunno. The UTI pixel design struck me as something we could do to say,
"I am a part of UTI. I know you don't need a new line after a DelVar. I make necropost jokes at the poor fools who make the necroposts. I bow down to the admins (most of the time). And I know how to freaking program."

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 10:03:38 am    Post subject:

Were we not suppose to get an icon for topics that have been revived from the dead? If not I think we should. A nice arm clawing it's way out of a grave would be cool. Very Happy
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 01:15:34 pm    Post subject:

SonicBoom95 wrote:
Well, Goose's UTI emblem is awesome. It never fails to amaze me how people do text sprites. Was that trial-and error?

I'm not sure that any anthropomorphic animal is really going to represent UTI accurately. Maybe not so much a mascot as...well, I dunno. The UTI pixel design struck me as something we could do to say,
"I am a part of UTI. I know you don't need a new line after a DelVar. I make necropost jokes at the poor fools who make the necroposts. I bow down to the admins (most of the time). And I know how to freaking program."
[post="127770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I say we brand/tattoo every animal we get our hands on with the uti logo...

if PETA reads this I Apoligize for raising your hackles.
SonicBoom95

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 01:39:55 pm    Post subject:

Newbie wrote:
Were we not suppose to get an icon for topics that have been revived from the dead? If not I think we should. A nice arm clawing it's way out of a grave would be cool.  Very Happy
[post="127772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Does Invision do that? It should.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 10:15:36 pm    Post subject:

i dont think a mascot is a neccesity most sites dont have a mascot but i just joined
Bronco

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 10:19:35 pm    Post subject:

Um, I really see no point in a mascot, other than for joking purposes. After all, UTI IS a PROGRAMMING site Razz
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 11:47:02 pm    Post subject:

My 2006 still stands. I mean, I'm not against a little counter-productivity if it helps motive and what not. But let's get some extra projects out there to put behind the symbol.
holmes221b

Posted: 31 May 2010 04:13:02 pm    Post subject:

I am fully aware that I'm necro-posting this thread, but this bloody thread has been pinned, so it's not like I'm bumping it up from the dark ages or anything of that nature...

At the present time, I do not see a need for a mascot, however, I do think that at some time in the future, UTI may have a need for a mascot. Actually, a mascot could help foster a stronger sense of community among the members of UTI, so perhaps there really is a need for one at the present time....you really do need a logo to replace the "IPBoard" image at the top of the page, though. Something that would say to a person that they are on the forums of United TI and not Google (for example).

If UTI were to have a mascot, though, it would be best to chose one that would logically represent UTI, such as an anthropomorphic graphing calculator, for example. I don't see where the requests for UTI proposed mascot to be an owl come from, but then, I'm a new-comer to UTI.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement