This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2003 10:06:04 pm    Post subject:

OK - I decided to get back into ASM programming (I've been out of it since I made my SBIKE game in ASM that never did get released before it got deleted... BUMMER), and as a start I compiled (w/ TASM) the mouse program from ASMGuru (yes yes, I know, not the best tutorial). Well, it compiled fine but now won't run on VTI (which I am using right now as my calc is out of commision temporarily). It gives me the clssic "INVALID:" error message. Can anyone help?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The eye of the ninja shines upon those who help their fellow friends...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 01:35:55 am    Post subject:

Well, all I can say is "don't use vti for testing asm" if it works at all you probably won't get the result you'd get on a real calc.

Just compile it, type the hex codes into your calc and run it on your calc.
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 07:11:32 am    Post subject:

Don't dare you use it on the calc, break Ti's Flash Debugger calc and save money!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 11:11:52 am    Post subject:

well, were u using the TI83 or 83+ emu? cause asmguru is for the 83... i will help, other than just critisizing the emus that actually DO work *hem, hem*... if it wont work on the emu, chances are that it wont work on the calc either!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 12:07:16 pm    Post subject:

Adm.Wiggin wrote:
if it wont work on the emu, chances are that it wont work on the calc either!

[my experience] Actually you've got them mixed, most assembly programs don't run at all on vti and if they do you get some random screen effect with 90% of the programs. If you type in the same program's hex codes into the actual calc it runs fine. Have a look at my thread in the old cirrus asm forum asking about a problem with vti, now know that I discovered a couple of months/weeks ago that the same program's hex codes typed into my calc worked fine. [/my experience]
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 12:12:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If you type in the same program's hex codes into the actual calc it runs fine.

Not for me! Wink I think there's some 'special' compilier for the VTI, but I'm not sure, at least I know theres one for ION
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 08:06:00 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... That would explain why I almost always have trouble with my ASM development using VTI. My calc is currently out of service and miccing in action all in one, so I am probablly gonna splurge on a new one soon. As for experimental stuff, I'll try and keep it as simple as possible and throw it on an emulator first. Thanks for all the help!

Ninja attire is not complimentary to calculator carrying.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2003 08:06:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Aug 2003 12:05:38 pm    Post subject:

i have had no trouble with VTI... but i dunno... i would just use Flash Debugger or something...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement