This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 15 Dec 2005 05:54:06 am    Post subject:

[EDIT] - Tripod has shut down my account. Oh well. If you want it, I'll email it to you. Until I get the next release out, I won't bother hosting it again.

After reading through the Cave Story topic, and beating the game twice, I decided to have a little fun. I made a trainer for the game. Now, don't say this is cheating and stupid and ruins the game, it's just for fun. I've already beat it twice.

Right now, the trainer comes with options to toggle Infinite Health and Infinite Ammo while in the game. Simply hit F1 or F2 while in the game to toggle them.

The program is pretty ghetto right now. Basic GUI, basic trainer. Eventually I will add:

All weapons
All weapons at level three
All weapons keep their energy/condition/whatever
Change your skin
???

I have bundled the game, code for the trainer, and the trainer all together. The game can be located at:

Cave Story Trainer\Game\Extracted and Installed\dou_1006\Doukutsu.exe

The trainer at:

Cave Story Trainer\Game

I have included the game, extracted and patched to the English version (which is what you will run), as well as the original rars for the game and translations.

Make sure to run the game before you run the trainer. Just alt-tab out.

The whole package is located here:
http://icemanftp2.tripod.com/Cave_Story_Game_and_Trainer.rar

If it doesnt let you download it, just copy+paste the address directly into your address bar and hit enter.

Oh, and one last thing. There's a bug right now. Don't flip on Infinite Ammo when you're flying around or pressing 30 keys. Just flip it on while you're standing still or just running. Will fix that soon. This is just a beta.

[EDIT] - I haven't tested if it works if you run the config program and change settings, but I'm assuming it will.

[EDIT 2] - I should probably mention that it was compiled on an x86 machine with Visual Studio 6 Enterprise.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Dec 2005 01:59:06 am; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Dec 2005 07:17:07 am    Post subject:

I'll have to investigate that. The Cave Story engine isn't fully understood yet, so good luck! Oh, someone has made a level editor for Cave Story, so that may be useful.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 15 Dec 2005 10:32:54 am    Post subject:

Haha the engine is pretty a confusing so far. There's some easy variables to find and modify, then everything explodes. There's just one huge chunk of data that is evert stat and state for every weapon, and nothing stays the same from weapons to weapon. I have to get ever weapons and do tons of tests of every single weapon.
axcho

Posted: 15 Dec 2005 04:12:50 pm    Post subject:

In what sense is this a "Trainer" for the game? It seems like a cheat pack to me. I think it's easier to learn the game by playing it than by starting with the best weapons.

Aside from that, I think it is an interesting project.

I think it would be cool to make a really good freeware game like Cave Story, and then be really famous and mysterious like Pixel! Maybe some of us can work together on a project like that.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 15 Dec 2005 04:15:42 pm    Post subject:

A trainer ..... IS a cheat pack. That's what it is ...

And yes, you should beat the game first. This ruins the game. This is just for educational purposes and messing around.
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 04:09:41 pm    Post subject:

Be sure to beat the game all three ways. I guess this is what I get for posting a game on a forum full of computer geniuses...

Last edited by Guest on 22 Dec 2005 08:32:50 am; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 22 Dec 2005 08:35:49 am    Post subject:

I found a ton of hex values if you're interested. I especially like the Booster 2.0 code. I'm not sure if the Super Missile codes works with regular missiles, or if the Booster 2.0 code works with the Booster 0.8.

Booster 2.0 Fuel — 0049E6E8
Blade Energy — 00499C20
Blade/Nemesis Level — 00499C1C
Spur Level — 00499BCC
Spur Energy — 00499BD0
Super Missile Level — 00499BE0
Super Missile Energy — 00499BE4
Super Missile Ammo — 00499BEC
Fireball Level — 00499BF4
Fireball Energy — 00499BF8
Bubbler Level — 00499C08
Bubbler Ammo — 00499C14
Max Life — 0049E6D0
Nikumaru Counter Position — 0049E6F4

I may get around to doing the Machine Gun, Snake, and Polar Star sometime later, though the Spur codes may work with those.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Dec 2005 08:36:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement