This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. NimbusOS => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> NimbusOS

» Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeBeatYou

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 05:14:53 pm    Post subject:

Is this project dead? I've been waiting for the final release because when I tried to download the beta from an e-mail link, it told me i had no access Mad

So, Is this finished and I just missed it, or still in progress, or discontinued? Also, i was wondering what EXACTLY the final will include if there is one.

I was thinking something along the lines of:
Hide\Unhide Progs from exec menu
Protect\Unprotect Progs from edit menu
Password functions (I personally like the password for the MEM button on Krolypto)
The grayscale lib is a nice add-on :biggrin:

No idea what else, I had a lot in mind when I started this post, but I forgot half way through :ninja:
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Dec 2005 12:07:28 am    Post subject:

Last I knew David was overseeing this project. Perhaps he can provide some insight into the progress?

--AlienCC
CompWiz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Dec 2005 08:13:48 pm    Post subject:

I have noticed the lack of posts here. I would have expected a release or at least news. However, Maybe David is just busy with something else right now.

MeBeatYou: Want me to PM you a link to my uploaded copy of nimbus? If you got the e-mail with the program link, I guess you're approved to have it.
katmaster

Posted: 07 Dec 2005 11:36:26 pm    Post subject:

Isn't it just going through some beta testing?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Dec 2005 12:45:31 am    Post subject:

Oooh, I wouldn't mind that beta-testing link either..
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Dec 2005 08:51:22 am    Post subject:

I have the beta, I'm just not sure if I'm allowed to post it here without permission. I haven't been able to test it because my 83+'s linkport is broken, and I haven't rom dumped it yet.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Dec 2005 10:00:32 am    Post subject:

I think it would be legit for you to share. Smile
MeBeatYou

Posted: 08 Dec 2005 04:48:26 pm    Post subject:

well ANYWAYS, besides your ROM dumping problems ( Rolling Eyes ), I was wondering if there could possibly be a List hide list also. I've found that I use lists for a lot of things and I wouldn't want them personally edited by people. I need a way to edit the List menu, Like when you first click List button and it shows all your lists. That is the one thing i havent seen in an OS yet and i would find it to be very convenient.

If anyone would like to fill me in on the progress (because I need a new OS because I totally hate Mirage), I would appreciate it. And, someone who has the beta, can you tell me what the current features are?
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Dec 2005 06:04:45 pm    Post subject:

lol, yeah... I signed up for beta testing too.

It's awesome, imho.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Dec 2005 10:05:26 pm    Post subject:

@ kermmartian

It would not be legit to share as David specifically had people sign up for the task in question. Only those who were approved by David are to have a copy.
katmaster

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 01:24:54 am    Post subject:

Any idea as to how long until a public release?
MeBeatYou

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 01:54:15 pm    Post subject:

Well I was not asking for the beta, I just would like to know when the finished product will be released to EVERYONE.
rivereye

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 02:42:48 pm    Post subject:

now, if I am so new here, why did I get the beta? I mean, if they had to be approved, I wouldn't seem fit for the job.
CompWiz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 05:52:57 pm    Post subject:

MeBeatYou wrote:
If anyone would like to fill me in on the progress (because I need a new OS because I totally hate Mirage), I would appreciate it. [post="63741"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Try CrunchyOS. It's by DWedit. It has a lot of features that make it better than MirageOS, from leaving the programs archived to play(prevents wearing out archive) to preventing crashes from clearing the ram or corrupting the program. It even supports running compressed programs, so they take up less space on your calc. (compressed programs can be half as big as the original) It has, of course, full compatibility with all mirage/ion games.

At the very least it will hold you over until NimbusOS comes out.

rivereye wrote:
now, if I am so new here, why did I get the beta? I mean, if they had to be approved, I wouldn't seem fit for the job.
[post="63851"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm kind of new too. I think that anyone who requested it according to David's instructions got it. If you missed out, it probably won't be that long a wait until the final release anyway. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 09 Dec 2005 05:53:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 06:56:13 pm    Post subject:

CompWiz wrote:
It has a lot of features that make it better than MirageOS
[post="63878"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, like a built in version of Chu Chu Rocket! :biggrin: I still miss Save the Whales and MirageOS's interrupt tasker, but CrunchyOS is generally better.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 07:17:27 pm    Post subject:

Crunchy OS doesn't support all Mirage/Ion commands though. If you try TVF it won't work on crunchy because some command is used that isn't programmed in.

Crunchy has chu chu rocket built in? Where? How? When? Why? To what extent?
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 07:23:22 pm    Post subject:

Well, mine did I think. It's the same version of Chu Chu rocket found here, with the standard level pack, and I think Dwedit decided that there was too much extra space on the APP, and threw it in. For me, it was the first entry in the program list. That may have been an old version, though.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 07:29:44 pm    Post subject:

Mirage runs from Archive too.
katmaster

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 09:00:35 pm    Post subject:

Really? I thought it unarchived, copied, then re-archived......or just unarchived, then archived upon exit....
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Dec 2005 09:04:52 pm    Post subject:

It copies without unarchiving if I remember correctly
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement