This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Dec 2005 02:16:05 pm    Post subject:

Actually some of you might not know yet but EPS is dead, most staff voted for disbanding so far because no one post here anymore due to forums problems and such. When I saw it was dying I started thinking about starting a new team, however I dont want to start with a forum only site from scratch, seeing how hard it is to start up so instead I plan to start a programming team on Omnimaga forums. So far the forums are into a activity outburst, getting between 55 and 90 posts a day so its alerady going pretty well.

I am looking for good z80 and 68k programmers for any language (BASIC, ASM, C, ETP, etc). I am not only accepting RPG programmers but programmers for any game genres/programming tools as well. Basically Omnimaga will have a download section for RPGs from the community as well as one for staff programs/games. I am looking for active staff.

If you are interested PM me on the forums with the following info:
-Programming languyage you know
-Current project under developpement and screenshots or demos if possible
-etc

:)

Last edited by Guest on 06 Dec 2005 03:11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
axcho

Posted: 02 Dec 2005 03:33:13 pm    Post subject:

I have been thinking of joining a programming team, but I don't know which one I should choose, or if I should join one at all. What is it about your team that makes it better for me than another one, or the UTI and MC communities? What is involved in joining a team? Why do you want to create a team instead of joining an existing one?
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Dec 2005 03:38:34 pm    Post subject:

UTI and MC aren't programming teams. They're forums.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 02 Dec 2005 04:18:20 pm    Post subject:

Well, I would join, except I program under my own 'banner' already... Smile Tho if you want to get technical, I am a frequent visitor of Omnimaga already, and have my projects in the Featured projects section... Razz

Last edited by Guest on 02 Dec 2005 04:19:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
axcho

Posted: 02 Dec 2005 04:20:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes, I am aware of that, which is why I wrote, "or the UTI and MC communities?" to distinguish them from the programming teams. To make it clearer, I might ask, "What does a programming team have that a forum doesn't have, and what does your programming team have that other teams don't?"

Last edited by Guest on 02 Dec 2005 04:22:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Dec 2005 07:22:02 pm    Post subject:

UnitedTI is actually the result of a merger between several programming groups.

--AlienCC
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Dec 2005 04:07:45 am    Post subject:

Brazucs wrote:
[post="63032"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
MaxCoderz is a programming group, they have members like tr1p1ea and Joe Pemberton, and they make some games every once in a while.

I consider UTI a programming group too, we have the UTI members thing, and projects.

Can i be a member of 2 programming groups? Razz

Last edited by Guest on 03 Dec 2005 04:08:09 am; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Dec 2005 09:50:53 am    Post subject:

actually I dont care if people are member of two programming teams at once, providing they are active in both. Only thing is that apparently if you are MaxCoderz staff you are no longer allowed to join any other teams (thats why I decided to reject my MC staff application). Its apparently one of their policies. EPS didnt had that though: bram tant was member of Electroshock as well and I was in z80 revelation and now I am admin at TIfrakware forums and TI-Jon. It mostly depend of your time I think. Some people only visit one forum and others have time to visit 7 or 8 forums everyday . I personally mostly visit Omnimaga, Revsoft, UTI and whenever I have the time TIfreakware, Calchaven and Cemetech.

I would say if you are alerady in another team (besides MaxCoderz) and feel you have the time to contribute to another forum feel free to apply, otherwise dont :)

EDIT: I accept PC programmers as well, there was some interest for this on other forums. It will be more game oriented though and not necessarly for calcs

Last edited by Guest on 03 Dec 2005 10:46:08 am; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 04:09:36 pm    Post subject:

I am pleased to welcome CDI, necro, dragon__lance, Ranman and BCturk to the team. You can check for their projects on the forums.

I am still hiring though and some staff still need their approval (or register on the omnimaga forums). If you are interested in joining pm me.

I also changed the banner slogan (which is the same than the topic title here) Smile
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 05:30:21 pm    Post subject:

Do you have a name yet? Gotta do something inventive and short, possibly an acronym.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 05:38:35 pm    Post subject:

N-Qua.

N-Qua → NCUA → New Coding Utopia Awaits

Ignore me. Rolling Eyes
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 06:04:18 pm    Post subject:

Brazucs wrote:
Do you have a name yet? Gotta do something inventive and short, possibly an acronym.
[post="63498"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The name is still Omnimaga Rolling Eyes the slogan was "Your Calculator RPG Headquarter", now it's "A New Coding Utopia Awaits" Smile http://omnimaga.dyndns.org

Weregoose wrote:
N-Qua.

N-Qua → NCUA → New Coding Utopia Awaits

Ignore me. Rolling Eyes
[post="63500"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Neutral Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 06 Dec 2005 06:10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 06:11:35 pm    Post subject:

I've been using OPG (Omnimaga programming group) or OP (Omnimaga programming)
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 07:16:37 pm    Post subject:

well now you can use Omnimaga or OANCUA. OPG sounds like OMG!!!11shiftshiftone
threefingeredguy

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Dec 2005 02:47:10 am    Post subject:

I think there should be some friendly competition between programing groups (Omnimaga, Revsoft, Maxcoderz, UTI, maybe DS) and we can feature the voting on ticalc.org. That would at least bring attention to all entering programming groups.
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Dec 2005 08:56:36 am    Post subject:

well each group would need to release a program and get it featured at ticalc Smile
axcho

Posted: 08 Dec 2005 09:42:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I think there should be some friendly competition between programing groups (Omnimaga, Revsoft, Maxcoderz, UTI, maybe DS) and we can feature the voting on ticalc.org. That would at least bring attention to all entering programming groups.
I guess I'll just stay at UTI, if that counts as a programming group. I want to be able to use the UTI logo basic routine!
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Dec 2005 12:06:28 am    Post subject:

Hey xlibman, if your still interested, my only project so far.

Perhaps by the summer, I'll be able to develope a large game in ASM, but for now I'm more focused on mini games that experiment with different techniques. When that's done, maybe then I'll send an application.

I'm also kind of tied up with my calc club that I'm trying to start at school. I've decided to teach them all 83+ BASIC +xlib regardless of what kind of calc they have. If they have different calcs I'll just explain to them the differences along the way. Since about the a third of the club at the moment use a Ti-89 series calc, I'll probably teach them C afterwards.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement