This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
Ben Trettel

Posted: 08 Aug 2003 06:38:22 pm    Post subject:

I've been working my RPG "Final Conflict" for a while. It's looking pretty good now. It's game engine is compete, and I'm starting to work on the battle and item system now. I'm doing well, except that I have a question. How should I calculate Power and Defense gained at a level up? Should I make it so that every level you gain a certain or random within certain bounderies? Or should I make it so that you gain a bit more than last time each time?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Aug 2003 06:41:59 pm    Post subject:

Ben Trettel wrote:
Should I make it so that every level you gain a certain or random within certain bounderies?

Jup.
omni

Posted: 11 Aug 2003 06:09:12 pm    Post subject:

"Should I make it so that every level you gain a certain or random within certain bounderies? "

That would probably be easiest, just use the randInt command.

P.S. Off topic: How do you use the QUOTE button and the CODE button above the box that you type your message in?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Aug 2003 07:02:54 pm    Post subject:

omni wrote:
P.S. Off topic: How do you use the QUOTE button and the CODE button above the box that you type your message in?

QUOTE:
[quote=<name>,<date: mmm dd yyyy>, <time: hh:mm am/pm>] <text you want to quote> [/quote]

OR:

[quote] <text you want to quote here> [/quote]

EXAMPLE:

[QUOTE=omni,Aug 12 2003, 01:09 AM]P.S. Off topic: How do you use the QUOTE button and the CODE button above the box that you type your message in?[/QUOTE]

CODE:

[code] <your code goes here> [/code]

EXAMPLE"

[code]
For(X,1,1000
Disp "X=",X
End
[/code]

Last edited by Guest on 11 Aug 2003 07:05:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Trettel

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 07:05:39 am    Post subject:

I've nearly done making some levels to test the engine. I've barely started the battle system. It will be done eventually. Hopefully before I go to some Boy Scout camp next week.
yugniht

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 01:22:10 pm    Post subject:

You're going to camp this late in august?!? I didn't know they still had it going on now. School starts in two days for me (august 14). Sad
Ben Trettel

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 03:29:32 pm    Post subject:

I still have something like 2 weeks until I go to school. I don't even have any of the things I need for school, except for my calcs and a old binder.
I would have an animated screenshot of this, but VTI doesn't support flash, and I use OmniCalc. I guess that I'll ave to wait until that other sprite prog comes outs.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 05:36:51 pm    Post subject:

if u know asm well, then u could make an app to make ur program... then use vti v.3 and load omnicalc, and ur new app, run the app, then run ur prog! but if not, then i dunno what to tell u...
Ben Trettel

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 07:37:35 pm    Post subject:

If I knew ASM, I would have made it in it. I tried to learn ASM several times, but I stopped each time. I just didn't have enough time to keep learning it.
There is a VTI v3? I'll have to find it(looks at Rusty Wagner author profile). Found it. Someone probably made a program to do something like you said. I'll look for it.
When will that sprite program be finished? I would like to try it.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 08:00:30 pm    Post subject:

well, not sure exacly... but it might be soon....
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement